Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Finally the remaining parts arrived so I was able to finish assembly. Parsecs and HAT boards are available again. I make the main Parsec PCB and the HAT board into the same design to save money over ordering 2 separate PCBs. The only downside is the extra labor cutting the board and filing the edges smooth. I will try to have a full kit available soon. I'm asking $99 for PCB and all parts for the main Supergun board. $15 extra for all the components on the hat board, minus the Viletim component …

• Just a quick update Assembly is going well, unfortunately I have some back ordered parts and that is holding up production. Hopefully 1 more week and I'll be able to finish assembly and test 6 more Parsecs. I have to admit, I'm not very fast assembling these. It takes me about 4-5 hours to build each one start to finish. I don't know if there is much interest, but I am open to selling the bare PCB (with digikey parts list) or maybe a full kit with all parts. Like before, I am offering the Parsec…

• Instead of having two different HAT boards for component video and VGA connectors I just made one HAT that can accommodate all the components. This new HAT can be custom assembled depending on what features are needed. So there's 4 things you can do with the new HAT: - Output RGB via VGA connector with switch to select composite sync or horizontal / vertical sync - YPbPr component video at 240p using the Viletim component video add-on board - 1/8" stereo auxiliary audio input which connects to 8…

• I assembled the first v2.0 Parsec PCB today. New features & changes: RGB level adjustment pots. Uses a THS7316 for RGB buffering instead of the BH7236AF RGB outputs Uses a EL1883 instead of the LM1881 for sync uses 8p mini-DIN for RGB SCART connection instead of the 9p Genesis 2 connector -5v regulator on/off switch powers JAMMA with ATX -5v when off Now supports 6 buttons over JAMMA with DIP switches I am now working on the HAT board for it. I'm still doing testing but things are looking good s…

• I disconnected the existing JAMMA harness wiring from my (unfinished) aluminum arcade cabinet and connected the Parsec to the tri-sync 25" arcade monitor and amplifier directly. The RGB input of the monitor has selectable 1k or 75 ohm inputs so I set it to 75. The VGA connector on the expanded RGB hat has separate vertical sync and this made it easier to dial in the vertical hold on the monitor. Looks really good, IMHO. Someday I will replace the existing wiring in the cabinet with a modified Pa…

• I am currently sold out of the first batch of 10 Parsec v1.1 PCBs. I am now working on the next batch of 10 which I hope to have ready early April. Thank you everyone that ordered one! Someone inquired about making top and bottom protective plates for the Parsec. I'm not sure how well a top plate would work due to the many switches and buttons being top mounted, but a bottom plate would work well. I attached a drawing of the Parsec PCB dimensions The corner mounting screws are 3mm.

• Correct voltage on the +12v supply isn't as critical as the +5v supply is. I would say 12.3V is fine. The -5v regulator on the Parsec can handle up to 14 volts so it won't damage anything on the Parsec. Perhaps my instructions were a bit conservative with the recommended +12v range. I didn't do any max voltage testing on my JAMMA boards so I just took the max voltage my particular power supply had at its ouputs. It won't matter if you measure voltage on the test points or the JAMMA pins, what ca…

• Here's the new component video hat for the Parsec. It works on v1.0 and v1.1. It's more of an adapter board for Viletim's component video board which was designed for the NESRGB. I've found this to be an excellent RGB to component video converter with no lag. The only downside is this outputs a 240p component signal, which is not compatible with most newer TVs. I was thinking of designing my own circuit, but I don't think there would be enough sales to justify the work and I wanted a quick solut…

• I am waiting for some parts to arrive to complete the first batch of Parsec Superguns. Several parts were back ordered so my assembly process was delayed a couple weeks. I'm considering offering the Parsec in kit form, but I'm not sure the best way to do this. I suppose I could make up a preorder list. I have 30 bare Parsec v1.1 PCBs on hand, which I will assemble in batches of 10. I could offer the Parsec about $10 cheaper without the ebay or tindie fees. No deposit required, just send me a PM …

• Thanks for the retrorgb post, SmokeMonster! I've found some other differences between the CXA2075 and the BH7236AF after comparing datasheets: - The BH7236AF has a composite sync output (pin 11)where the CXA2075 does not - The BH7236AF doesn't have an internal luma trap option like the CXA2075 - Different components are used for the luma trap (connecting to pin 17) Assembly of the Parsec v1.1 is moving along. After building various PCBs by hand over the years I've developed a system: Since the S…

• Very nice work Frank_jfs! Looks like we both will have lots of very tedious SMT soldering to do, LOL

• I no longer have any PARSEC v1.0 boards left so I did a redesign, the new v1.1 board. The v1.1 PARSEC Supergun has the following Improvements over the v1.0 PCB: - Thicker 1.5 oz copper layer - Wider +5v traces can handle loads up to 15A - 3 unused component footprints removed - controller ports now even with board edge - removed unsightly jumper wire to JAMMA connector (necessary on v1.0 because I forgot to connect video ground pin 14) - test and service button locations swapped - some improveme…

• arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e1b688619f3949078f4717f56 New HAT PCB with 2 additional RGB connection options and 2 sync modes. Going to do some quick testing with my tri-mode CRT arcade monitor and figure out the right hardware and spacer combination for mounting. I hope to have these available soon.

• It's just my opinion, but I have used both the CXA2075 and BH7236AF in video converter circuits and I think the BH7236 is slightly better at composite video. I am using a fixed 3.57 mHz oscillator for the color subcarrier, so I am getting the dot crawl with composite. The adjustable oscillator is a neat fix, but incorporating something similar on the Parsec would have the issue of trying to fit more components on an already cramped board. The BH7236AF is nearly pin compatible with the CXA2075, s…

• Thanks for the suggestions Frank_jfs I designed the PARSEC using a 2 layer PCB and I currently assemble them with a soldering iron. I really did consider using some sort of video amplifier and/or buffer, but decided on using resistors to place a load on the input signals & provide correct voltage levels to the BH7236 input. The RGB inputs are DC clamped at the sync timing from the LM1881. Those tiny pins of the THS7374 would be a bit challenging for me to solder. The smallest components I can ha…

• I have set aside a PARSEC review system to anyone who wants to try one out. I'm always looking for feedback and info on compatibility. I don't have any Taito F3 boards, so I honestly don't know how the PARSEC would do handling the video. I am also curious about OSSC compatibility. I use a XRGB mini framemeister to convert the RGB to HDMI. The Genesis 2 RGB cable needs 220uf capacitors and 75 ohm resistors inline the RGB lines to work correctly. I use a quality Genesis 2 SCART-J cable to the SCAR…

• The PARSEC has straight through power connections from ATX to JAMMA. A good ATX supply should keep consistent voltage regardless of current draw. There is no voltmeter built in, mostly due to lack of room. There are points on the pcb for measuring voltage or soldering wires to connect a voltmeter. I'm working on a arcade power supply adapter for the PARSEC also. I may offer a version that omits the -5v regulator to save money since this wouldn't be needed. The Texas Insturments PTN78000AAH regul…

• Here is my attempt at designing a Supergun PCB, I call it the PARSEC. While I have built a number of superguns in the past, they used off the shelf video converters and were mounted in enclosures. I've designed and built many circuit boards over the years, including a RGB - NTSC converter board and the Super 8 bit game console, so I figured why not try a supergun project. Testing and customer feedback so far has been great. Compatibility is looking pretty good. I'll post more pictures soon with …