Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ATX bench PSU

adgenet - - Project Showcase

If your power supply has sense wires, make sure its tied to the they are tied to their respective supplies. They're usually thinner versions of the identical supply wire. 3.3v is almost always present (and usually doubled with a supply pin). 5v can sometimes be present but isn't always connected like 3.3 is. Take a look at your 24-pin to see if any of this sounds relevant.

• 1. With the Fast IO plugged into the Jammafier(or a real JAMMA machine), the FastIO will get power through the JAMMA edge. However, you will not be able to do the reverse (powering the Jammafier with the FastIO). IIRC the Jammafier relies on 3.3V to run. You will need to find a way to power the Jammafier first. 2. Connector B is a kick harness but I couldn't probe button 6 for P1 or P2, only buttons 4 and 5 (along with some pins for GND and +5V). I tried changing dip switches but couldn't figure…

• The JVS spec calls for a 15-pin D-Sub connector, and I think most (all?) JVS systems output 31khz (VGA) by default, although theoretically both 15 and 24khz (over the 15 pin D-Sub) are available for use under the JVS spec. Whatever you use to connect would need to be able to handle the output listed in the spec document. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…687264f3c41b77446079d194a arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…687264f3c41b77446079d194a

• ATX bench PSU

adgenet - - Project Showcase

For what it's worth, I also run an ATX power supply with a CPS2 (runs my entire cabinet including Lights, fan, audio amp, JVS IO and Jammafier) and have no problems at all. It is a high quality one though, not a bargain bin supply. Seasonic X-650. Power supplies are the one thing you never want to cheap out on, ever, whether it's your computer or your arcade boards. Bad power supplies will potentially cause weird issues at best, and at worst, kill whatever you have hooked up to it when it inevit…

• According to the Sega Naomi Deluxe Universal cabinet manual, they're supposed to be 120ohm 1/4W resistors, not 100 ohm. wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/6/6f/Naomidxschem.pdf Of course this is a different board, but it's the only actual documentation I've seen straight from Sega regarding the coin meter bypass.

• I dont want to clutter up this thread too much, but what's the best option for a front loader 1-slot that can either output stereo off of the side connector or via simple modding? Curious what the cheapest route is for a stereo capable setup since the JAMMA 1-slots are obviously mono-only on the JAMMA edge

• Isn't that board listed (K91X1147A) the one that came standard with Vewlix Ls directly from Taito? The wiki could be wrong.

• This is a great idea. I might have to do the same for switching between my JVS-PAC and Jammafier

• Fast I/O vs JVS

adgenet - - Taito Type X

Quote from Kaede: “just realized this after reading so many threads the information isn't too clear as to what is needed to run the games. The big problem here is I haven't seen a single type x board with the fast I/O PCIE. There are even some multi boards on eBay none of them have fast I/O. Single cards are non-existant I and I don't even want to know how much are they going to cost you if you could find one. ” What is your current setup and what are you trying to get going?

• I would think that while the PCBs are probably out there, the chances of your specific board being one of them is unlikely unless it was a super rare pcb that was known to be in that region or something. Still a very interesting topic. I would be lying if I said I haven't had the same thoughts myself. I'd like to believe that the various postal facilities do have metering equipment installed and anything bad enough would be picked up as it moved across borders and through the postal system.

• Quote from ekorz: “I’ve got one of those taito scalers just sitting in my cab. At one point in time I had a cyberlead jvs to jamma adapter also. I hear both are rare. That used to be a good way to go for jamma in a vewlix. Anyway I did a favor and sold the cyberlead to a friend, and while I’d had an eye on finding another I do have 3 jamma cabs now. If you want to try the taito scaler I can sell you that. ” Thanks for the offer, but I already went ahead with the OSSC. Let's hope it works with my…

• Sounds like another vote for the OSSC. I think I know what my next purchase will be. Thanks everyone.

• Quote from jassin000: “I'm feeling alot better knowing no original wiring harnesses were harmed in this conversion. Non-destructive mods are AOk in my book. ” Since you're here and have a bunch of hardware, maybe you can help. Whats your experience with using scalers? Ive heard some introduce lag, and others like the OSSC are not always compatible in every mode as suggested in this thread. Do you have a preferred scaler I should consider?

• Quote from jassin000: “Jammafier is the best/easiest way to adapt the Vewlix JVS IO controls and mono-JAMMA audio, and OSSC is the best way to adapt the video (and can be using in conjunction with the Jammafier). Quote from adgenet: “I have converted the machine to Sega's 60 pin wiring to use with a sega JVS board. ” Why would you do this?IMO might as well hack up the entire cab now, no need for a Jammafier (aka a device like Jammafier is used to keep the cab original, yours is no longer origina…

• Thanks for the help. I will probably pick up an OSSC as you all recommend, although I did however learn that invzim is working on a scaler as well. Is that worth waiting for over the OSSC? As I mentioned, I don't even have any old boards yet to throw in my cab so I'm not in a hurry.

• I don't have any JAMMA boards yet but want to be ready. I have converted the machine to Sega's 60 pin wiring to use with a sega JVS board. (In retrospect I should have just wired it up as JAMMA instead but that ship has sailed). From what I've read, the Jammafier is the way to go for controls and audio, but what about video? I guess I need a scaler, but I've read that some, like the OSSC are not always compatible with all displays. I'm not running the stock vewlix screen anymore (replaced with a…

• Vewlix AC Grounds

adgenet - - General Arcade Tech Help

Thanks for the input. Your assessment of the stock configuration of the vewlix is correct. You are also correct that tying DC (-) to ground is tying to earth. I have also come across conflicting opinions online about whether or not doing this is the "correct" way. That said, as I mentioned above, atx power supplies do in fact connect the DC output negative to earth. I came across this article published by TDK-Lambda discussing grounding of open frame power supplies that may be relevant, though i…

• Vewlix AC Grounds

I contacted TDK-Lambda about this sort of configuration (mentioning the wooden board the supplies are mounted on), and they said: "Earth ground of the supply is meant to be connected directly to an earth grounded chassis". While I'm sure Taito has a reason to not do so, I can only guess that it is to reduce cost. Wire and connectors do cost money after all, and maybe they think the input fuse, wooden board, or the protection functions of the power supplies are enough to isolate any danger, thoug…

• New to the hobby

adgenet - - Introduce Yourself!

Quote from acblunden2: “Welcome aboard brutha. Where in the Bay Area are you located? ” SF proper here. Quote from jassin000: “Quote from Kaede: “I have another question if anyone could answer how am I supposed to connect an HDMi cable to the vewlix? ” HDMI to DVI adapter (all Vewlix LCDs have VGA and DVI connectors on them). ” Not sure if this applies, but I'm not sure if the vewlix monitors support HDCP. Although if I had to make an educated guess, I'd suspect that the older L, F[C], models do…

• Vewlix AC Grounds

The Vewlix has a three prong AC supply receptacle, with the ground pin wired directly to the chassis. Aside from this general chassis ground, the only component that is actually tied to ground are the service outlets. There is an input noise filter that has provisions for ground, but they are not connected. Same goes for the 12V and 24V supplies, as well as the jvs supply mounted on the mdf board. In fact, the wire harness (A, A1, A2), does not even contain a ground wire despite there being grou…