Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 120.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Welcome aboard eh. Nice rig.

• Multis and Game Files

skate323k137 - - Apocalypse's Projects

Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Quote from twistedsymphony: “@Mitsurugi-w Any chance you could create a sticky in the marketplace where people who offer services such as EPROM burning or Multi Kit Installations or even repair work can post what services they offer and where they're located? I get a lot of PMs asking me to do this kind of work but I don't have the time. It would be nice to have a single thread where I can point people to find someone. I might also suggest only allowing a single post per…

• Multis and Game Files

Quote from Apocalypse: “ Any arcade collector should have a programmer. With chips that are 30+ yo bitrot isn't going to spare anyone in the coming years. ” Fully agree, it's just not the easiest jump for people who are new to the hobby.

• Multis and Game Files

Quote from xtrasmiley: “I understand why, but this really sucks. There are extra steps and costs involved now for something that was plug and play. I’m not blaming our dream team of guys here, I get why it’s happening, but it still sucks. Maybe someone can do a thread on buying a burner and steps to use it for a multi. It would help noobs like me! If no one does it by the time I get back, he’ll I’ll do it so I can play my multi! ” If you are using the board to play or repair a game you own then …

• InfiniKey-CPS2

skate323k137 - - Temple of the Undamned

Quote from jassin000: “I never imagined the demand would be so high. Sure its an awesome idea/device, but I would have thought by this point most people would be using Darksoft multis or just regular old Avalaunch decrypted sets. I have one black all-in-one CPS2 board that's still on battery, so I'd like 1. Figured most people would be like me... Or if they were "gotta have 'em all" type collectors, they wouldn't be interested anyway as this would hurt (ie perma soldered to the PCB) the collecta…

• InfiniKey-CPS2

I did not expect all this... I have had good service both from FA and Paradise in recent years. I will admit I stopped ordering from Paradise because of the websites slowness and clunkyness but I didn't judge them personally for this. Most of us in this hobby seem to know the value of good packing and shipping. It's not free. I don't want to see any community shops "suffer" for any reason. edit: I really hope this was not de-railing / drama... paradise has always handled my orders to my satisfac…

• InfiniKey-CPS2

What happened with Paradise?

• A repair directory wiki style was an end goal of mine as well, but whatever is clever. I plan to offer pro eprom burning as well as standard naomi cab parts (metric screws, bulbs, etc.) that vendors like giz10p no longer cover for the market. That said I do some local repair work but only for legit arcade ops. Hobby folks get pointed here for learnings.

• After my move I plan on offering burning services again. That said my real goal is finishing the thread so people can more easily help themselves if they so choose. Most of my rom burning "income" goes to charity anyway. Anything that doesn't get donated usually feeds my belly or further research for the forums.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Yea we gon' need a volume discount lmao

• Hope all ends well mate. You're a smart dude so I hope it's nothing too serious.

• Quote from Finisterre: “Akiba is indeed. Just talked to Anthony a few moments ago in fact. =] ” Siiiiick.

• Still need to get to C bus for sure. Akiba/gotchapon still around?

• OH SHIT I never followed up. Glitching was a defective degaus coil and or related circuit. Monitor is just fine without it, in 31k, 15k is still bad but maybe old flyback. Also trying to buy a house and making a thread about that soon somewhere over the rainbow, so these are likely to sell. If you're actually near mid-michigan I still have 2x D9200. Both work in 31k but 15k is not ok, at least on the recapped one. honestly never tried on the other and don't care to, but it might(?). one is recap…

• I wire to a PVM via 220 ohm resistors on R G B and Sync. Works great. Definitely do at least that.

• Awesome stuff. I did the cap list for the blast psu and audio amp, @codecrank put it in the AO wiki, and another member (I can't remember off hand) put up the digikey part numbers from my order. Glad to see a store offers that kit now.

• System setting like test mode should be preserved until you swap games. Even with no dimm battery. Replace the coin cell on your motherboard and remove the notorious usless supercap while you're at it.

• You I'll want to use JP bios region for full controller support if I'm not mistaken. I reserve the right to be wrong but I'm fairly certain. And yes, Capcom is the right vm kit type.

• After the photobucket fiasco I just use my own image servers, but obviously that's a worthless suggestion for average folks that don't want to admin a server. ffmpeg to resize or something certainly seems sensible.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from mr_b: “I've been looking located a virtua golf panel to use with the game ” At this point I think the Virtua Golf panels are nearly as hard to find as proper Outtrigger panels. Ironically I've seen more legit Outtrigger panels for sale than I've seen Virtua Golf panels. I've got 4 Outtrigger carts, 4Link boards, 4 Outtrigger Marquees, 2 Full panels, and 2 more legit trigger sticks... So I just need 2 more panels with trackballs for a full setup. ” Killing …