Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 839.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sega Universal Upright conversion

nem - - Project Showcase

That's what I thought. There isn't a separate sound amp transformer in an European NUC, because the stepdown outputs both 100VAC and 17VAC. Naturally it won't work if you just want to bypass the stepdown.

nem - - Project Showcase

Quote from JoeAwesome: “Funny how the knock off kept the sound amp transformer that wasn’t present in my UK model. It looks like the sound amp transformer even connects directly to the step down transformer, too. ” All of the European Naomi stepdowns I've seen are dual-output, putting out both 100VAC and 17VAC. Are you sure yours isn't like this? The sound amp transformer in the above pic is an original Japanese one. Input for it is 100VAC, so naturally it will connect to the step down transform…

• Namco Es3 - help

nem - - General Arcade Tech Help

I would be surprised if the HDD is dying. It's not that old. Have you applied new solder paste to the CPU and GPU and unclogged the fans? You could check the drive with some diagnostic software? I wouldn't do it under Windows though unless you know how to make sure it's read only.

• Quote from tonyt76: “@nem not wrong sorry. I am very familiar with how the wiring works for P1, P2 & Extra buttons, but I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.” I don't understand what's the problem then. You want to use the auxiliary 10-pin AMP UP connector for your kick buttons? There's a very easy solution to this. You snip the 4th and 5th button wiring that goes from the jamma edge connector to CN5 and reroute it to CN8. You need a 8-pin JVS NH connector and some female pins. Remembe…

• I'm sure none of us are getting GDEMUs. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if the mystery prize pool includes anything else besides necklaces and wig caps. How about some veneers for that perfect smile?

• Quote from tonyt76: “It sends the wires that usually go to the extra buttons 10pin connector (CN8) to the Jamma edge using the wiring for P1 & P2. ” Wrong. Here's how it's on the Blast City: Buttons 4 & 5 (jamma pins 25 & 26) from the jamma edge are routed to the P1 and P2 AMP UP 15 pin connectors as standard. There is no button 6 on jamma (chamma does not apply), this needs to be taken elsewhere. CN8 on the Blast IO board is routed to the auxiliary kick harness AMP UP 10 pin connector next to t…

• Quote from tonyt76: “Not unless you use the Sega 2L12B adapter, which reroutes buttons 4 and 5 to the Jamma edge. wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_2L12B_Adapter ” I have no idea what the heck that thing is. I don't even understand why you would need one? That page is junk. I want to delete the whole thing from the wiki.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “shouldn't the JAMMA Loom on a Blast have buttons 4 and 5 populated already? ” Yes, it has them. They're routed to the regular 1P and 2P connectors.

• I want it in pink!

• I'm also in the camp that would have preferred a straightforward ODE for the MegaCD. Unlike the disc drive for the PC-Engine, the MegaCD has quite a lot of additional hardware in it. Does TerraOnion have the chops to do accurate FPGA simulation? Analogue has kevtris. Kevin has 15 years worth of FPGA development and reverse engineering under his belt. Who does TO have? I'm fine with somewhat accurate simulation with a product like MiSTER, but with this, I expect it to be perfect and indistinguish…

nem - - Project Showcase

Monitor looks like a Pentranic? It has a Wei-ya / Rodotron chassis on it. They are trash tier unfortunately. Horizontal inductance on the yoke is likely 0.300mh, so you should have options for a chassis swap.

• ST-V Mobo Cap Exploded

nem - - ST-V Multicart

Here's the cap: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…d5672640062462f0489189851 10uf 16V tantalum.

• VGA to CRT nanao ms9

nem - - Monitor Help

It's a sync issue, yes. Are you sure you have the Naomi set to 15khz? I think it's DIP SW1 on the filter board. In 15khz it should output composite sync from the H Sync pin, but honestly I haven't messed it with that much. I think I've had my Naomi on 15Khz once, and that was by accident. Anyway, you could tie both H and V sync together OR you could use the V sync input pin on the chassis. It's not wired to the 15 pin AMP UP connector, but it's there on the board.

• Quote from GC8TECH: “IS there anyone HERE in Mame Dev??? So i can submit PGM roms not in the PGM.CPP MAME?? I think i have quite a few.... ” Paging @rtw

• Yeah, I'm also on team "if it works, leave it alone". You could have thousands of hours of operation left in any working component. That's a lot in home use. Sure if it's losing focus, then absolutely, replace it. However, if it's working fine, then let it be. Quote from acblunden2: “He has probably fixed more K7000's than you and I together. ” I haven't. I have mostly Japanese cabs.

• You're right, it sounds like a hold issue. Just remove the glue and turn the pot. The glue is just there to keep the pot set to a general setting that will work with most games (but not all).

• Glorious Irem M72 multi

nem - - Apocalypse's Projects

I have exactly seven of them right on my desktop. He can PM me.

• It's on the electronics repair shop 100%. If you don't know what you're doing (like CRT work), then you decline doing the work. Fuck that shop. I agree, he got ahead of himself. The problem is when you're new to this hobby you take everything as gospel. Post 14 is where he was recommended getting a new flyback. No idea why, he had a perfectly working one on his monitor. Post 36 is where he's told his monitor "is believed to be a K7000A". People pick up on these things. He had bought something re…

• Quote from acblunden2: “That isn't the fault of the electronics repair shop. ” If they didn't test the chassis, it sure as hell is. No decent repair shop would do any repairs to a chassis and not test if it works afterwards. @hoagtech, ask them if they tested it.

• Nanao MS-2931

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from Kravex: “And in Portugal you don't have to pay customs duty if the price is under 20€ (shipping included) which was not the case. ” You're confusing duty with VAT. Duty is not paid on anything under 150 euros. ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/…-a-noneu-union-country_en "Customs Duty is not due for goods, provided directly to the buyer when their value does not exceed 150 euros." Technically you should only be paying for VAT. I have heard that in some EU countries customs charge a fee for…