Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 138.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just a small thing: I had some labels professionally printed recently, and they require a 3 mm "bleed" area and a 3 mm "safe" area: The bleed area expands the image content 3mm larger than the cut line. The safe area is 3mm inside the cut line, that avoids logos and text items. That way you get a clean cut, even if the print is not perfectly aligned. fastlabels.co.uk/Assets/User/425-Bleed_&_Safe_Area3.pdf I delivered them as CMYK jpg at 1200dpi (600dpi should be enough, though), and I made them …

• Drawing the line here: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anyone above will be in the first order, anyone below will get boards until I run out. I am a bit busy with work right now, but I'll make the order soon. (The price depends on how much I have to pay for shipping and customs from China.)

• Yes, here is the thread including a patch for Martial Masters: IGS PGM English Patch Index

• You could probably locate the address ranges and the location of the checksum with a logic analyser on the address bus. And maybe some hints about the algorithm if you compare different versions of the same game.

• A handful of ASICs seem to be dumped and available in Mame... are there any more?

• Quote from Fluffy: “If anyone else wants to try, I attached decrypt.py. - unzip the python script attached - put ddojbl.bin from the pgm program files zip into the same directory - run decrypt.py This should produce ddojbl_raw.bin and ddojbl_kovplus.bin If you have MAME and the kovplus roms, please unzip and replace p0600.119 with ddojbl_kovplus.bin. If you run it you should get DoDonPachi DOJ, just with corrupted graphics and weird sound. You can copy over the tile and sprite roms from ddp3 (re…

• If anyone else wants to try, I attached decrypt.py. - unzip the python script attached - put ddojbl.bin from the pgm program files zip into the same directory - run decrypt.py This should produce ddojbl_raw.bin and ddojbl_kovplus.bin If you have MAME and the kovplus roms, please unzip and replace p0600.119 with ddojbl_kovplus.bin. If you run it you should get DoDonPachi DOJ, just with corrupted graphics and weird sound. You can copy over the tile and sprite roms from ddp3 (renaming them to the c…

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “would be nice to build a tool to do this. ” I originally thought the encryption takes the data as part of the key generation, but it looks like the xor key depends only on the address. That way you can just run the same decryption code to encrypt the ROM. My DDP3 code from a previous post should do it for KOV-SH, and you can just copy+paste the data tables and logic from the MAME code to make it work for other games. The problem is that there still seem to be a bit o…

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “has this been dumped? I was under the impression that Demon front couldn't be converted due to it's reliance on the ASIC ” Both external ROMs are dumped, the internal ROM isn't: github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/d…ame/drivers/pgm.cpp#L3391 Apparently they bypass the internal ROM for Demon Front completely because the code never jumps back: github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/9…rot_igs027a_type3.cpp#L18 So if you can get internal ROM to accept and jump into the external ROM it sh…

• Quote from nam9: “So no easy fix there then. Though if i remember, the ARM CPU is part of the protection, and not used for running game code? It could therefore the patched out, theoretically? ” In this case it seems to be running game code, which is why it has the external ROM: github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/a…ame/drivers/pgm.cpp#L2796 This is less than the external ROM for games like Demon Front, but more than the internal ROM. It doesn't mean it can't be patched out, it is just not an straightf…

• The ATF16V8B-15PU-ND is a 15ns type. As far as I can tell the various variants are for extra features like low-power sleep modes, enhanced temperature ranges or packaging. The data sheets are sometimes unclear how different types compare. In this circuit I'm using only the logical functions from input to output, so I most types should work.

• Quote from nam9: “Bump on this... anyone? Quote from djsheep: “Quote from Frank_fjs: “@Apocalypse Any chance of a Bee Storm conversion? ” I believe the Bee Storm cart has a graphics chip not on any other cart? Keep checkin' eBay for Yaton listings, you'll eventually get one at your price, or hit up @sheep_nova -- he gets them from time-to-time also! ” ” Bee storm uses the ARM CPU and external ROM: github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/a…ame/drivers/pgm.cpp#L2766 So the good news is that the ASIC-internal…

• Quote from Yippikaye: “I'm in for 3 (for sure) How many 27c322 do we need per board ? (approximatively, I guess that it depends on games I want to run) ” 10. 7 for the char board, 3 for the prog board.

• I think I maxed out what you can do with 27c322 on the char board. I could probably squeeze in 1-2 more, but some games require significantly more storage. The next step would be to move to TSOP devices which are available in bigger sizes, though come with all sorts of other problems, especially for DIY projects.

• Quote from vaughan14: “I'm interested, would we be able to purchase prog and char boards separately? ” Interesting question. That depends on how much demand there is for that, and if I can balance the orders so I don't end up with too many unsold single boards.

• Quote from ekorz: “Ok am I the only one who wants one of these to put that crappy fighter SVG in a cart? ” I just had a look, SVG requires a lot more memory and it runs code on the ASIC, so not appropriate for my PCBs.

• Okay, longer explanation what I mean with "mass production": If you make cartridges for yourself it doesn't matter if you spend an afternoon soldering or programming EPROMs. Or that you need to buy used EPROMs from eBay because you can't get them new. If you want to produce them for sale then boards like this: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…spgaluda-ketsui-new-card/ are more appropriate and more efficient. (Though you can get memory that size only as 3.3V device.) The goal for my PCBs is simply:…

• Quote from ShootTheCore: “Quote from Fluffy: “It supports the three games that people normally convert from other PCBs. ” You're referring to Espgaluda, Ketsui, and DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label correct? Could you also use your boards for Demon Front? ” I tried to avoid naming the actual games in this thread. The selectable white/black label DDP works as well. Demon Front doesn't work, as that runs game logic on the ASIC. Quote from Apocalypse: “Thanks @Fluffy, yeah I was asking what code to…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Interested in 1 set. Could you detail which games are supported/supposed to work and what GAL to use? ” You need two 16V8 GAL, the brand doesn't matter. I bought ATF16V8B-15PU-ND which seem to work fine for me. The GAL code and a splitting/renaming/conversion script are here: IGS PGM Custom Graphics PCB testers It supports the three games that people normally convert from other PCBs. The tile ROM decoding uses the same GAL for all three games. For the program ROM decoding…

• Quote from nem: “Amazing. Where do I sign up? ” Here: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…-game-pcb-interest-check/