Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 219.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I had a "no blue" on the last Nanao I picked up. Not saying you have the same issue, but check the PCB that's attached to the back of the tube. If you see any solder joints that look questionable try reflowing them. That fixed it for me.

• Quote from djsheep: “I highly recommend his repros, they're the best in the business ” Seconded. If you don't mind spending the cash to get a new panel you'll be super happy with the quality, and his 'universal' mounts are nice and versatile.

• The appeal is easy, it's just that I don't know who it's supposed to appeal to. Like, for me, a non Genesis person, who has one lying around, the appeal is great. One thing, plug it in, go. Boom. Problem is, as that kind of person, I don't actually give a fuck about SegaCD games. There's a stack of normal games I'll never get through already. So paying more for an easy to solution to something I don't actually care about? Why bother? To the purist who already cares about SegaCD, anything less th…

• I was a SNES kid, really didn't mess with Genesis much. I have one now that I haven't done anything with, are the Sega CD games that interesting still? I suspect I don't care enough honestly.

• I couldn't care less about Neo Geo CD support. If it never happens I won't even notice.

• Quote from MetalliC: “more likely it was "aliexpress proxy bots" which noticed GD-Emu at $12 price, and then forwarded it to ebay with 2x charge. but $12 price was set at aliexpress by mistake, and seller closed / canceled sales shortly after, but that "proxy" bots probably noticed that too late. ” We really got the shitty cyberpunk future.

• I picked up a craighslist Nanao ms29 a while ago. Blue was dead. Was just a cold solder joint on the neckboard PCB. Took a little bit to find it, but was an easy fix. Every time I learn something, now that's on my list of things to check should I see that issue again. So passing it along, might be the cause of the dead red.

• Quote from 8bitforlife: “what's the best plate to get for @alberto1225 panels to mount sticks properly ” Which panel? He usually has universal mounts, I know his Astro City ones do at least.

• Quote from rewrite: “Single slots are JAMMA. 2/4/6 slots are not. Something to do with the audio. And I know you can damage things in one direction or the other, but don't remember which, ha. ” You can definitely damage Jamma games in an MVS cab, can overheat your audio amp. I don't know if there's a problem going the other way. I always run my Jamma games in my Neo Candy 29 with an adapter just to be safe.

• Pro tip for USB GD-ROM: You gotta format your USB stick as FAT32 MBR, the MBR part is key and tricky, it's not the default for most programs now. Took me a little while to sort that out.

• Greetings

Aurich - - Introduce Yourself!

FreePlay looks super sick, some good pins too.

• Quote from suverman: “How is the availability? And ordering experience? ” Pretty much available and easy to order, but it can take a little bit to receive it. I paid a little extra for the expedited service because I got impatient and it wasn't bad though. 2-3 weeks maybe, I can't remember. Install was pretty easy, works fine. 3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

• UD-USB Decoders

Aurich - - Temple of the Undamned

Quote from baklakiller: “Is he a member of this forum. I would really like to see how he did his. ” Not that I'm aware of. You can ask him on Twitter, here's his setup: twitter.com/AtariFGC/status/1109926349341368321 Since he's running CPS2 maybe he has UD consolized in the cabs?

• UD-USB Decoders

Quote from undamned: “The Decoder takes about 1ms to process messages ” Nice try "undamned", if that's even your real name. I was told in a Twitch chat that your converters add lag, and who are you going to believe? The creator of the product? Or someone you've never heard of in an anonymous chat? Yeah, exactly.

• UD-USB Decoders

Quote from Wraith: “i think thats a ridiculous concept, you should be so lucky to get to play on candy cabs with sanwa levers and buttons ” (shrug) I feel you, if you want to play on my cabs use the sticks attached to them, but if you set up your own cabs your own way that's cool. It's a new era, people use all kinds of controls these days. As much as I personally enjoy keeping the arcade spirit alive at my place I'm just glad people still want to play the games.

• Vewlix audio help

Aurich - - Forum Support & Help

Damn, you solved it with science!

• Quote from yuro: “Quote from Aurich: “Quote from alberto1225: “No, I haven't have time to handle it. I estimate to make panel sample next month. ” Just a bump to see if you're still planning on doing any Vewlix stuff, friend of mine was asking if I knew a good source for repros and remembered you were planning on trying. ” I second @Aurich. When can we get some 2P16B Vewlix action?! ” He told me it's still in progress, let him update further, but file under "not ready but not forgotten about".

• UD-USB Decoders

Quote from undamned: “I've never seen photos of how they wired their stuff up, but electrically, the Decoders just go in parallel with the existing controls. You do not need to isolate them in any way. The signals all play well together. I would put in a vote for either some sort of JAMMA pass through PCB that you can wire into or if your cabinet already has the control panel wires running into plugs that detach, you could make your own pluggable extensions with wires coming off to go to the Dec…

• UD-USB Decoders

Quote from BroadwayJose: “I'm not that big into 3S. Is everyone mad Justin dominates that game like how the mvc2 scene was mad for a decade back when he ran that game? ” Nah, he hardly even competes honestly. He'll show up to some retro tournaments and dominate still though. But he's not a factor as far as the 'living' Third Strike scene goes otherwise. Which kind of makes his wins more disgusting really.