Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bad Jamma edge?

jassin000 - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from nem: “It's really thin wire. Kynar AWG30. ” That ^ 543b6b42-62e6-41d4-a65c-76cad573ceea_2.5fddcb0427eb8852c88f34651b7f2aa9.jpeg But you did what I was suggesting you do with the wire anyway (bridge broken contacts, not solder blob). Good job I should mention I wouldn't have covered the entire keypad in solder, beware as insertion/removal of the JAMMA edge will scrape off. If possible try to stay out of the red zone... V7Ktx5r.jpg

• Quote from KaPH33n: “what games is the button remapping handy for? ” #1 Golden Axe, the default button layout is crazy... I think Magic, Jump, Attack? I can't even remember because I remapped it with the adapter and never switched it back. Quote from KaPH33n: “i don't know why you couldn't just switch around the buttons though? ” You have many options sure, but switching around the buttons in a arcade control panel would require you to switch them back at some point. Button 3 to button 1, button…

• Quote from opt2not: “Best to cool your jets and communicate your opinion in a more tactful way. ” Fair enough, I'll remove the posts.

• Bad Jamma edge?

I 2nd nem's advice above... Clean it up real good first, then check with a multimeter in continuity mode. If any of the pads fail to make solid/proper contact, gently/carefully sand back the green mask layer with very fine sandpaper (300 grit). Then I'd personally use small pieces of stripped K30 soldered in-line to act as jumps (should have a lower profile than solder blob if done correctly).

• Quote from dr_myslihiiri: “VGP claims that it could be as low as 6 ms for NTSC sources. ” Its really hard to nail down exactly how much lag the iScan adds without testing each option/feature as you enable/disable it. I only use mine to adjust the raw sync from the OSSC because I fear it could be very very high with all the bells & whistles.

• Quote from undamned: “What System 16 -> JAMMA adapters are you guys using? ” I've got two, but the best one is the JNX version... Dips for easy button remapping/the win.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Swap? I'm pretty sure its 220 for safety man, that's a shit load of outlets.

• Quote from thomas3184: “just live with pincushion without a dedicated adjustment just seems crazy. ” Don't it tho? CRT 4 Lyfe indeed.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from brentradio: “but for some it's not ” Na it still is, get a Raspberry Pi 4 (approx 50$) the official case (5$) and the latest beta build of Retropie (free). You are using a emulation box anyway, might as well get a good emulation box for cheap. e3456730d91130567a2f79670ee9750b122de0c7_copy-of-pi4_case_angle2.jpg If your fancy with money to burn, get a FPGA simulation box like Mister. MiSTer3dCase.jpeg

• Vewlix IO options

Quote from adgenet: “In retrospect I maybe should have wired to JAMMA and just use converters for JVS and PC instead, eliminating the need for a JAMMAfier ” This IS actually the best way to do it, but if your like me... I refuse to modify these beautiful (expensive) cabs with anything but official Taito parts. Welcome to why the official Taito JAMMA kit is so prized by me (and others). It's not that the Taito Scaler included with the kit is really even all that great, infact next to the OSSC... …

• Quote from acblunden2: “If you have such issues once your chassis is completely rebuilt, you have to live with it. ” I couldn't sleep at night just thinking about owning something that looked like that.

• It will be another adjustment pot, likely on the chassis but also potentially on the neckboard (IDK I didn't have that make CRT).

• Looks to be both width and pincushion adjustments that are needed. monitorproblem1.jpg Yea you're going to need to adjust it "live" and yes be careful (now you starting to see why I say CRTs suck, cuz they do).

• Quote from kidpanda: “Avoid it ” Some trash must be experienced, if only just once... I'm looking at you Final Fight Streetwise.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from opt2not: “But eventually I want to be SCART-free. ” I do hear ya brother... I tried to fight the power that is SCART myself with 8 pin mini din. Problem is the tide was just too strong, it wasn't that we were wrong. Devices like the Hydra and GSCART sealed our fade/doom/whatever. That being said, not much I've used as sweet as this 8 port auto switching SCART mega box called Hydra.

• Quote from Aurich: “Street Fighter Alpha Anthology ” Yea, even with basically 124gb of space to play with, I don't got room for that. You know my highlander ways haha. I would nominate Capcom Fighting Jam personally, IF I didn't already have it on Namco 246 (same rule applies).

• Getting 'em, awesome guys really filling this thing out thanks! I'd love to share my OPL SMB Pi build with everyone, I accomplished everything I setout to do... - Compact command line only build (built on 4GB microSD before creation of NTFS partition) - DHCP Static IP fallback (if DHCP fails, Static IP kicks in and assigns 192.168.1.115) - SSH enabled (headless login if connected to router) - auto mounting NTFS partition on internal microSD card (best option for speed/file size/name format/futur…

• Quote from rewrite: “Gitaroo Man ” Awesome I'm going to check this out now... Quote from rewrite: “Okage: Shadow King ” Interesting, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to really sit with a RPG right now but I'll get it for later. Quote from rewrite: “Maximo Vs The Army of Zin is actually a better game than Maximo ” I'm going to grab it, but yea most people will say its not as good as the first. I'll let you know what I think.

• Now that I've completed my perfectly working OPL SMB Raspberry Pi server image... [placeholder for image] I need some kickass games! Sure I know what Metacritic says, but I want to hear from you guys. I've got a 128gb Samsung Evo+ microSD to fill with PS2 games, what should be on here and why! Pdpdefault-mb-mc128da-am-600x600-C1-052016.jpg This is the list so far... - Alien Hominid - God of War - God of War II - Gradius V - Katamari Damacy - Maximo Ghosts to Glory - Odin Sphere - Okami - R-Type …

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from opt2not: “now I have to consider upgrading my HAS again!! I just upgraded from V2.1 to V3.2 this passed November ” All for that onboard low pass filter? Don't get me wrong, its great that HAS has continued to evolve like this... A great device getting even greater over time! I think you would be better off just getting that 8pin mini din to SCART adapter I linked and using the LPF of the OSSC itself tho.