Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 149.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “Quote from djsheep: “@AlxUnderBase - I've seen Panasonic, Nichicon and Rubycon capacitors being highly recommended in arcade repair logs / tutorials. I don't think you can really go wrong with either of those brands. ” Yeah brother , but in my head are only Nichicon brand (it's easy when you have on hand a esr meter to know exactly the value of capacitors you wanna change) ... if you're in my place you will go on the Panasonic or Rubycon route? ” I personally recommend …

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “Good morning T. Sir , are these capacitors good ? I've made a bom who will maybe help another guys too : -digikey.com/product-detail/en/…1MPD/493-15298-ND/2598248 (6 pcs) -digikey.com/product-detail/en/…1MGD/493-17683-ND/2600289 (1 pcs) -digikey.com/product-detail/en/…TP/493-11347-1-ND/4319945 (5 pcs) Cheers ” Yes , Nichicon is an OK brand... still heaps better than whats on the MoBo to start with!!! T.

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “No need to be opened in paint...looks great ! Thank you mr. T! ” Anytime, Good to help out another PGM user T.

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “Quote from GC8TECH: “I just did my own cap kit... There is only 3 or 4 different values. If your stuck i can look at my 14 and tell you want you need?? T. ” Will be awesome Tim, because i will make another order from digikey or mouser ” A "Cap Map" for you Might have to open it in paint and zoom in a bit @AlxUnderBase T.

• Update 30. Added : "Oriental Legends Super" PCB scans Added : "Dragon World 3 (Not special)" PCB Scans Added: "KOV 2" PCB Scans T.

• Quote from digitron: “Someone on another YouTube video posted that the MS8 & MS9 chassis's are auto-discharging. Not that I would rely on that but just curious if you knew anything regarding that? Thanks for the vids Tim! Always a great watch sir. ” All chassis will self discharge... Its the amount of time that they take that varies..... Better to be safe than sorry.... T.

• Update 29. Added new video on CRT / Tube / Chassis Safety. Very important! youtube.com/watch?v=OV-uwhI9C5I T.

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “Quote from GC8TECH: “I just did my own cap kit... There is only 3 or 4 different values. If your stuck i can look at my 14 and tell you want you need?? T. ” Will be awesome Tim, because i will make another order from digikey or mouser ” OK.. i work today.. So will try to do it between Monday to Wednesday... When i have time off. T.

• Quote from Flinnster: “Just want to say a massive thanks for documenting all the motherboard types. I had a feeling there were 3, maybe 4 types.. but holy cow. Every day a schoolday! ” Thanks I still don't have 1 of every Revision.... There may even be more than REV 14... I was buying faulty MoBos to find more revisions i don't have..BUT it gets really expensive real quick....So had to stop.... I have more videos you may like on my youtube channel... youtube.com/channel/UCbapWmNB3IHjWu0LiTSfp9w …

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “Quote from GC8TECH: “Update 28. Added a REV 9 PGM motherboard scans to my web site. Not sure why i didn't add these sooner... As i have had a REV 9 for ages.... Added more videos to my YouTube channel. Added "Killing Blade EX" PCB scans. Interesting to note the label translates to "Sword Of Pride / Blade Of Berserk" " Power Up Edition" T. ” Sir , is somewhere a cap kit to buy for a rev 14 revision ? or did u make it one ? ... because i'm thinking to replace the existent…

• Update 28. Added a REV 9 PGM motherboard scans to my web site. Not sure why i didn't add these sooner... As i have had a REV 9 for ages.... Added more videos to my YouTube channel. Added "Killing Blade EX" PCB scans. Interesting to note the label translates to "Sword Of Pride / Blade Of Berserk" " Power Up Edition" T.

• Quote from rewrite: “Quote from ekorz: “Just so you know these pcbs are only compatible with a few pgm titles. I think just 3 really, but it would be good to get a list somewhere if I’m wrong (maybe I missed it?) ” Only 3 of the "important" games. Others, like Demon Front have an on-PCB processor (I think that's what it was). ” Yep thats right. DF uses the ASIC / ARM7 cpu. Quite a few games use it. I have been working on a reproduction "like" cart for DF and other titles etc... My hope one day i…

• Quote from digitron: “Ill replace the e-caps on the motherboard. Are there e-caps on the game carts too? ” Electrolytic Caps?? Yes there is a coupe of caps in the carts, But I've not had them leak.. so that's a good thing. If you look at the scans on my web page.. you will be able to see the caps on the carts. T.

• Quote from digitron: “Thanks again for this GC8Tech! Very helpful, recently pulled the trigger on a motherboard. Verified the cap will be in that position but how do you know specifically which rev # it is? Is it printed somewhere? I didn't watch your entire vid yet.. Also, what voltage does the motherboard run at? ” Watch the whole video... its all there including were to look for the "revision" number.... +5V is fine.. It's not very fussy on the +5V.

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “I'm from today owner of a IGS PGM rev.14 board ! Thank you Sheep_Nova & GC8TECH for your efforts ! ” I'm glad you found it helpfull. I would love to have every revision PGM mother boards T.

• Quote from djsheep: “It’s the worst place they could have placed the cap. So easy to rip out when the carts are jammed in there tight. I take extra precaution knowing now... I’m unsure what the cap does? Power filtering? ” Yep its just power filtering.. hence why its close to the Jamma finger.... T.

• Should be 470uF 16V T.

• A video i have done on the topic.... youtube.com/watch?v=e22dO5tfH9k T.

• Update 27 Added new Video. Guide to buying a PGM Mother Board.... youtu.be/e22dO5tfH9k T.

• Quote from Fluffy: “Selling finished cards officially is difficult, as the ROMs on the char board need to be soldered in if you want to put everything into a cartridge shell, and with 7 large EPROMs that is almost the majority of work. Of course, you're welcome to organise this privately. If you don't care about a cartridge shell and are happy with sockets you may want to ask the guy with the wave soldering machine. ” IF i had MORE spare time.. i'd offer to supply finished carts to Australia....…