Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 404.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from djsheep: “This French Wikipedia page has 10 games listed. Would you happen to have Cutey Fatty in your undumped games stash @brizzo fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_System ” Unfortunately no, but maybe one day we will find a copy. Keeping unknown game capacities in mind during design, need to future proof for roms we don't have info on yet

• I solved the problem!! arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…31e93ab05b9af84a4b1d54aa9 @Apocalypse a couple days ago I mentioned in pm that I noticed during debugging the flash id check that the bios was checking all possible banks to see if memory was present (I think it was just looking for data vs 0xffffffff (openbus?)). crysking is 48mbyte (3 x 16mbyte banks), and I had added topbladv (1 x 16mbyte) directly after it to optimize space usage. Set the upper address bits via the cpld to only allowed ac…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “You might want to also NOP writes to the flash chip. Commands sent are only valid for the Intel E28F128J3A chips: Read Array SCS/BCS 1 Write X 0xFF 1 Read Identifier Codes SCS/BCS = 2 Write X 0X90 Read IA ID 1,7 ” I was able to get crysking to boot, but the bank switching implementing by the crystal system doesnt appear to be working as I expected it to. Not sure what is wrong. Perhaps it is related to the flash id check. As I shared there is not a device id check impleme…

• Quote from ack: “SUB %SR2,%SR0,%DR2 It appears that "S" is signifying source register(s), and "D" is the destination register. So that is really %R2 - %R0 => %R2. The disassembly didnt make any sense until I figured that out. ” This is definitely super helpful! I did not understand this, and my brain still isn't understanding LERI either Quote from ack: “Checking the unknown value for BINLIST.INI in each of the game roms showed they were all 270af723. Based on that I setup a register point on al…

• @ack thank you so much for taking the time to solve this! You are the real MVP!! I started looking at this yesterday in MAME debugger, then pondered that I have bigger problems to solve before visiting editing game content Do you have an opcode reference or manual for the SE3208 instruction set? I looked around a bit but didn't find anything specific

• Quote from ekorz: “So, like, @brizzo we’re gonna need a recompiler now?? ” That is definitely something we can explore. I have not fully solved all the values that are used in the file system. When you run the fs extract tool, in the log you see a value 'Unknown'; I am not sure what this value represents. ROM Structure: 0x0000 - 0x0013 = MESG dump file v2.5<0x00> 0x0014 - 0x006F = Filled with <0xCC> 0x0070 = uint32_t file_count; 0x0074 = uint32_t total_data; // total data from 0x0000 to end of l…

• That is unexpected, given the tool was made on Win7x64, doesnt have any external dependencies. I did not write much error checking given its a quick dirty tool for a one time task. Directories are created using a canned function 'ForceDirectories' that creates the child and parent directories in one task; so it doesn't make sense why creating the root 'crysking' folder makes it work. Any chance you were running this in the root of a drive? Windows doesnt allow non-admin privileged programs to cr…

• Quote from Fluffy: “Isn't that how N64 games are stored as well? (With a file system on the ROM.) Always interesting to see tracker formats pop up in places like this, I thought it was limited to Amiga and PC games developed in the west... ” Generally no, but some games may have. @nem @ekorz Here is the file extractor to play around with! You will need to combine the split roms into one file. ie; crystal kings copy /b bcsv0004f01.u1 + bcsv0004f02.u2 + bcsv0004f03.u3 crysking.bin bcs_fs_extract c…

• PCBs have shipped and are on their way! I sent the design in later than planned, went away for the weekend. Will probably be here Monday next week. Tonight I took a closer look at the MAME driver and ROMs and I noticed that there is code to emulate reading the flash device id. All flash memory has an id code (this is how your chip programmer can identify manufacturer/model of device). I edited the MAME source code to use a different ID so I could test if the game would fail, and in fact several …

• Quote from oneleaf86: “I've contacted JLC and they don't really seem to give two shits so I may have to go elsewhere. ” I've always been super happy with PCBWay. They have always treated me well and extremely rare I've had any boards that dont meet my standards.

• Yes that is what I had in mind, and more (the acrylic parts) I'm sure you could convince @twistedsymphony to print some test parts

• Quote from Fluffy: “By the way, does anyone know if it is possible to replicate those cartridge shells from silicone molds and resin casts? I assume the walls are too thin. 3D printing would certainly push the cost past an original cartridge. ” It would be very labor intense to do castings for these shells. But if you get creative with 3d printing, perhaps instead of doing the entire shell you just do 'end caps'. Two mirrored parts that go on the left/right sides (when facing the connector), hav…

• I'm in for a set, let us know where and how to order

• Quote from djsheep: “@brizzo I got a Evolution Soccer cart which I hope to use the shell of for the multi. I assume the PCB will fit in the cart fine? What’s the estimated cost you think? ” I don't have any carts with a shell so I cannot say for sure. Could you post some photos showing the inside of the shell? The pcb is dimensions and drill holes are the same as an original, but the DIP switch may be too tall. The part I selected is 7.65mm tall. No comment on price as of yet, design is not fina…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “@brizzo if you happen to have spares I'd very much like to buy one. ” That is a lot of confidence I did not make any mistakes I will order this first proof of concept just for testing then revise for a final version that will be produced with hard gold plating on the edge connector ($$$). Prototypes get HASL

• Quote from djsheep: “This forum is amazing. 3 days after I asked if there would be any chance of a multi, and this is where it’s at. ” Maybe this cart needs a code name of: Lightspeed But joke's on us, because NOR flash of this size take a while to erase (approx 4min40sec per flash chip). There are nor flash chips that erase fast, but the max capacity for those is 32mbit. We're using 3 x 1024mbit chips. As this a proof of concept design, I included the circuit for the security pic for further te…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “P.S.: I'm fairly certain PIC isn't needed at all with the patched ROMs. ” Yes, I agree as well. ElSemi did a great job on the PIC analysis and implementation of the patches in MAME. Quote from Fluffy: “since Brizzo has carts without pic he can just check for pull up/pull down/bridges present on the board. ” I mentioned on in a previous post there is a pull up resistor on the pic serial data line, but otherwise there is no other circuit or jumpers involved with the PIC.

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “If @Apocalypse or @brizzo needs or wants this it is theirs. In fact, it can be a donation to one of them for all the awesome work they have done. @brizzo needs to finish up that Atomiswave project he's been work though, so don't distract him too much! This site, and the members on here are great and since I cannot contribute technically, I'd be happy to do so in other ways! ” Thank you for the generous offer; it is this kind of attitude that makes AP such a great communit…

• Quote from Fluffy: “If someone can confirm that the Brezzasoft slot connector is a plain PCI connector you could reprogram the cart with a simple pcb like this, and avoid the requirement for usb controllers or tsop adapters. ” The cart connector is in fact PCI, but I don't think this solution would be very practical for the flash type. I'm assuming not many people have a DIP48 programmer that supports J3 algorithm, along with solving the socket/adapter pinout for each programmer to be compatible…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “I'm curious about the software side, as @brizzo said it's probably possible (and not that hard) to patch code to get rid of the PIC. But I don't own the hardware either. I'm keen to take up the challenge of patching one game as a POC if someone is willing to test on real hardware. ” I'm down with any assistance! Not sure if anyone here has crystal mobo + smd tools + TSOP56 J3 chip adapter for testing. I am 95% finished the pcb schematic, then on to routing. If I have the …