Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 871.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

nem - - System 246/256

Quote from Mr.Seo: “How can I buy "electric_monk" IDE simulator ? I visit his blog but failed. Please let me know.” shop.tattiebogle.net/

• Chassi Hantarex 25 compatible

nem - - Monitor Help

Ask on Arcade-Otaku. PrincessPrinPrin will know.

• Quote from SmokeMonster: “Sprague/Vishay, Illinois Capacitor (IC) ” Quote from SmokeMonster: “These are all very nice Japanese caps that I use. ” Vishay and IC are Japanese?

• Bad Jamma edge?

nem - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from Anselmo: “I have one more query. The board has some faulty volume buttons. Not the plastic piece, but the actual SMD buttons. Volume down and test work, but volume up doesn't. I've tried to raise the volume via the cps2 kick harness and bypass the buttons on the pcb. It still doesn't register volume up. Is that normal? I figured bypassing the actual broken Button would work.” Bypassing the broken button should work. You can try to reset the audio settings by keeping one of the volume …

• What pin? The pin inside the tab? If it's that one, it doesn't matter as it it's not used.

• Bad Jamma edge?

Quote from Anselmo: “what is stripped K30? ” It's really thin wire. Kynar AWG30.

• Toshiba PF D29C051 chassis

nem - - Monitor Help

@markedkiller78, @acblunden2, see here: Yoke and tube specs for monitors I don't see any issue with replacing a Sanwa chassis with a Tosh or vice versa.

• Yoke and tube specs for monitors

nem - - Monitor Help

Let's start one of these as there seems to be interest in one. Hopefully everyone will contribute so we'll get a comprehensive list at some point. For measuring the yoke, the tool that I use is the BSIDE ESR02 PRO. It seems accurate enough. BSIDE ESR02 PRO- cheap tool recommendation It's a really nice for this job, because it shows both resistance and inductance at the same time and keeps the values on the screen fixed for 15 seconds, which is enough time to jot them down or to snap a pic. You c…

• This must be a record for fastest turn around time for a multi. Impressive work, guys!

• Bad Jamma edge?

The solder blobs are there because the traces have been damaged. As said above, clean it and then run continuity checks on all the pads. Either fix with solder blobs (you have to scratch the mask to make contact) or jumper wires.

• Quote from brizzo: “If anyone is interested I can share the tool for extracting all the files into folders, kind of neat to see the graphics and things. ” Definitely interested.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

nem - - Temple of the Undamned

Quote from dr_myslihiiri: “The crazy thing is that at some point in my troubleshooting, I got the game to run for a good while without a battery or an InfiniKey installed. I assume this means at some point the encryption keys had successfully been loaded onto the board, and there were some caps still holding charge and keeping the keys in memory. ” It's not crazy at all. The EXC5 cap is there exactly for that function. The cap holds enough charge to keep the keys in the memory while the battery …

• Universal JAMMA versus kit

nem - - Project Showcase

Quote from Hatsune Mike: “Sorry, I did not touch upon that at all. It has no active components, so there is no load. The second cab does not strictly need a PSU. To my knowledge, the official versus adapter kits from Sega, Taito, etc. put very little load on the secondary cabinet, if any at all, so I'm not concerned about there being an issue from the unloaded PSU's presence.” Alright, thanks. Passive design is the way to go IMO. I usually just unplug the PSU in the second cab if it's something …

• Universal JAMMA versus kit

nem - - Project Showcase

Is the PCB on the second machine powered? What kind of load is it putting on the PSU? I had to watch the video without sound. Maybe it was explained there.

• I don't have a single key in any of my cabs. I probably should.

• Here's a top tip. If you plug the jamma connector upside-down in to a PGM, it will kill it. Second time in my life I've now done it. Atomiswave survived it, PGM didn't.

• Monitor/Chassis: Nanao MS2933

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from acblunden2: “Crap. Maybe this is why I am unimpressed with the image? And maybe this maybe at the root of some of the issues in nem's PSA? arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c1b4bac6e6c5501bde0db2ca4arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c1b4bac6e6c5501bde0db2ca4 Just noticed one of the neck pins is completely dislodged. It certainly wasn't a result of me removing the neckboard as I was careful in doing that given the nem's PSA. Thankfully, the pin is still in the neckboard. Now to get some elect…

• Toshiba PF D29C051 chassis

nem - - Monitor Help

I haven't forgotten. I've just been crazy busy. I'll do this tomorrow or the day after.

• CPS3 black screen

Quote from Wraith: “Recently someone posted and had the scsi cable reversed. Make sure it is in correctly ” Reversed SCSI cable won't stop it from booting.

• Monitor/Chassis: Nanao MS2933

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from acblunden2: “Rather than a full recap, any caps you would suggest to replace for improved contrast and brightness? ” Honestly, I'd hit it with a CRT analyzer just to check that the emissions are in spec. But yeah, there's always a risk doing any work with this chassis.