Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 109.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I tried the Logitech wheel that Mitz mentioned in his youtube video. I am open to purchasing "any" wheel as long as it will work with an "adapter" and the S-JIHP. I am not very adept at soldering so if someone was willing (yourself?) to build an adapter for me and I can ensure to purchase the "correct" wheel to match the adapter - I would be trilled. As long as the wheel will attach to a table (bracket) as I have a cabinet that will allow for this installation; I am not picky on the wheel. I hav…

• Has someone established a common walk-through or tutorial on how to mod any wheel that was mentioned above to work with the S-JIHP in a plug-and-play fashion? I would be willing to purchase such a setup if there is a mod cable available for a particular wheel (logitech or otherwise). Have been trying to get a wheel to work with the S-JIHP for a long time - if there is a seamless way to get this up and running; please let me know! Thank you.

• Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from jassin000: “I thought @Derick2k had measured the lag of the Sanwa Vewlix LCD next to the New New (aka Diamond Black) LCD. I can't seem to find that post atm so maybe he'll pop in and repost the results. ” Yup, I think the numbers are posted in one of your threads. ” Derick2k - pm sent. Thanks.

• JVS Emulator

arcadeWC - - Project Showcase

Great news. To get this correct - the OpenJVS when completed will allow for a standard USB peripheral (AimTrak (gun) or steering wheel) to be used with all JVS systems (Naomi, Chihiro, Triforce, Lindbergh) in a somewhat plug and play fashion? I assume some setting files will be provided or explained how to adjust them to use virtually any USB device one wants and it will work in a full JVS fashion? That is absolutely exciting and have been waiting for that opportunity for years. Please keep us p…

• This sounds awesome - I have been using Operation Thunderbolt guns with my S-JIHP setup for some time and have always wondered about adding recoil to them as the ultimate goal. I am not familiar with recoil in any way - any chance for a tutorial when it is done so we can attempt to duplicate it? It is really exciting to see an option for recoil on these guns that can be used for all applications (Naomi, Chihiro, or even MAME if needed). Thank you!

• I have thought the same thing; I have a couple Naomi 2 boards that I would like to send to Ken, but the shipping and repair costs are significant. The problem is finding a reasonably priced Naomi 2 seems difficult at best. Naomi 1 boards seem plentiful and very reasonably priced, but Naomi 2 harder to find and under $200 in many cases. Does anyone have a better source for a Naomi 2 boards? Perhaps I am not looking in the right places.

• Welcome! Do you still do console modding? NES RGB?

• Quote from randomdoohickey: “Can someone confirm the D9200 chassis will work with a Makvision 27/29” tube? This would be great as I have extra D9200 chassis and a Makvision tube. Has anyone actually tried it? I don’t want to test it yet as my Makvision is new; but nice to know for spares. Thanks. It's an A68 tube, so there's a very good chance most any random curved or flat non-Trinitron 27" (29" in rest of world) would work that's been pulled from a $10 Craigslist TV. This will depend on pinout…

• Can you play this without the "trigger" joysticks used for the passing system? Would be alright if you can use a regular joystick, but I don't think you can play without the specific hardware.

• Very nice! So how are you connecting to the TV? HDMI ports with up converter? It looks very good and impressed the mounting matches. Not a bad option it appears to me for very little cost. Perhaps something to look into as arcade monitors get more expensive and harder to find.

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “ Do you have the latest bios, V4 something? I want to grab it soon as I'm intrigued by the 161 specific menu features. ” I would also like to know where one can get the latest unibios (ver4) that allows for the editing of games in the menu. How well does it work? Would be great to get rid of all the clones.

• JVS Emulator

This is awesome news! Great job! I know there is a wiki link for how to install the software, however, i am not really versed in python script. Does anyone plan to post an image of a working setup that can be loaded and work "plug and play" with a Raspberry Pi that is already setup to net boot Naomi? I am assuming this works in conjunction with a Pi that is already setup to net boot? Any chance this will also work with Chihiro and Lindbergh? I can't wait for the driving games to be added - any i…

• JVS Emulator

What is the status of this project? Has anyone tried it and how well does it work? This is a great concept and want to see it through to something that truly allows USB guns and steering wheels to work with the Sega JVS hardware. Thanks!

• JVS Emulator

This would be great! There has been talk for some time about having something with the ability to use USB devices for Naomi/Chihiro/Triforce/Lindbergh games. I would absolutely love the ability to integrate with Netboot scripts (PiForce) as you referenced. Yes - I would like to use an Xbox controller for driving games or any other USB driving controller (Logitech Red for example) if possible. I would also really like to see the use of USB guns (such as AimTrak) to be used with the Naomi/Chihiro/…

• Quote from skate323k137: “Quote from ThisGuy: “@skate323k137 Looks like Twisted quarter has them in stock ” thanks! I need the one for the other d9200 but it looks like they have those too. This is great news as I'm recapping (another) d9200 soon that I'd like to make as nice as possible (for that model anyway lol) ” If you are doing a D9200 recap and flyback replacement - any chance your interested in doing another one? I have a D9200 chassis I would like to refurbish with a recap and flyback r…

• Thanks. Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the "input helper PCB"? I don't have it running right now in a Crazy Taxi cabinet, I am trying to add it to a regular upright cabinet and use for driving games for Naomi/Chihiro/Triforce through net-booting. Yes - I can't find a good pinout sheet for the Crazy Taxi control panel either (wheel/shifter) - hoping someone might have some insights. The brake/accelerator appears to be universal with most Sega driving games. I wish there was a loom avail…

• Yes - hopefully @Mitsurugi-w will provide some insight. Planning to use the S-JIHP in the same fashion as the proposed Mega JVS that hasn't been produced yet. Netbooting all the driving games with original Crazy Taxi hardware - hoping it works.

• I am trying to connect an original Crazy Taxi steering wheel and brake/accelerator to an S-JIHP so it can be used for "any" driving game through net-booting. Can anyone help provide a guide of how to connect these to the S-JIHP or how to create a loom that will work for this function? Greatly appreciated! Using the original hardware to play all the driving games with the S-JIHP seems to be a noble task and a great way to play all the great driving games with the S-JIHP.

• Nice work - can you share the exact model of wheel that you used? Would you consider selling one of these looms to work with the steering wheel specified and S-JIHP so the pinouts work and is "plug and play"? I have had difficulties getting it to work and I like the loom idea that is concealed in the case. Thanks.

• CPS2 to Gonbes

Quote from twistedsymphony: “ XRGB, Framemeister, OSSC, Taito JAMMA Converter are all better options. ” I am familiar with all those options except for the Taito Jamma Converter - what does this look like and what does it convert from/to? I am also looking to take a 31 kHz signal from a Naomi to convert to a HD display and possibly a 25 kHz signal from a Model 3 to the same display (HD LED monitor). Is the Taito Jamma converter an easier or "cheaper" alternative to the others listed?