Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from djsheep: “The battery on PGM motherboards saves book keeping information, scores, settings, etc. If you got a Varta battery, it would be wise to remove it. But if you got a Coin Cell, you're all good to go - leave it alone and enjoy the games ” Thanks djsheep =) Can I replace it with a new coin cell? It's a CR2032. Just tested it on the multimeter, its dead anyways, original coin cell I'm guessing.

• @GC8TECH just received a rev 14 board. I watched the video but I don't understand specifically what the coin battery does. Mine came with a coin cell on the board. Should I remove it or just leave it alone? ty!

• Quote from Hammy: “Getting better youtu.be/T8XOnJh2Rqg ” Not sure what I'm looking at but I like it and love that you're doing this.

• If it's not Thunder Dragon 2, is the dev = Compile?

• ARMED POLICE BATRIDER!!

• DoDonPachi Blue Rom confirmed

• Someone on another YouTube video posted that the MS8 & MS9 chassis's are auto-discharging. Not that I would rely on that but just curious if you knew anything regarding that? Thanks for the vids Tim! Always a great watch sir.

• Ill replace the e-caps on the motherboard. Are there e-caps on the game carts too?

• Thanks again for this GC8Tech! Very helpful, recently pulled the trigger on a motherboard. Verified the cap will be in that position but how do you know specifically which rev # it is? Is it printed somewhere? I didn't watch your entire vid yet.. Also, what voltage does the motherboard run at?

• Quote from TerakRall: “Quote from kuze: “Definitely don't pass through the 720p signal to your monitor or you may damage it ” Tried flashing Atom-15 again and got the same result, garbled video. So after I turn the PC on I'll wait 30-60 seconds or so to turn on the cab, just to be sure it's past the initial load screens and safely into the 480p desktop. Knock on wood, the new chassis is running great so far! ” I had the same problem. Good thing I backed up the original BIOS on my ATI card. I had…

• Quote from Fluffy: “Just to let everyone know, the PCBs are ordered. Now is a good time to point out a major flaw in the layout. ” rut-roh

• Probably interested in 3 sets, pending cost. I'm not new to soldering, project looks fun and I'd need to buy the programmers and still have questions since I'm new to the whole PGM thing. Very cool project @Fluffy! =)

• Curious, did your NAC come with a 3 prong power cable w/ ground? I ordered the same cab.

• Quote from TerakRall: “Would these 14 AWG pre-made leads work or do I need heavier wire than 14? amazon.com/Alligator-Clips-Hea…one-Jumper/dp/B07L29V4Z2/ Thanks to you all for your patience with a beginner. ” Absolutely, it will be fine. I've been discharging with 18ga, not recommended but it works fine. My recommendation of electrical gloves is more for if you're going to be working on the yoke, grabbing it, and have your hands working around the high voltage stuff while it's turned off. You do…

• Quote from TerakRall: “Quote from digitron: “Yep, those should work. Are you near a Harbor Freight? You can get a bunch of test leads for a few bucks already made. This is what I use, only 18ga but it's worked fine throughout several discharges, might get a lil warm, lol. harborfreight.com/18-inch-low-…red-test-leads-66717.html ” I am, just figured the "low voltage" wouldn't work correctly. Also not finding electrical insulating gloves at any local place, just standard vinyl/latex gloves. Maybe …

• Quote from TerakRall: “How do these look? homedepot.com/p/Tyco-Electroni…Pack-BM3348-000/205878595 ” Yep, those should work. Are you near a Harbor Freight? You can get a bunch of test leads for a few bucks already made. This is what I use, only 18ga but it's worked fine throughout several discharges, might get a lil warm, lol. harborfreight.com/18-inch-low-…red-test-leads-66717.html

• Quote from TerakRall: “Alright, so my Yaton chassis arrived today and I'm getting ready to put together my discharge tool. Are alligator clips crimped on to the ends of the wire and wrapped in electrical tape sufficient? Large flat head screwdriver with a rubber handle, the clip secured by electrical tape on the screwdriver as well, and 10-12 AWG wire? Anything I'm missing? ” That's exactly what I use. I run the electrical tape all the way down to the tip from the handle, the more the better in …

• New Astro City renewal log

digitron - - Project Showcase

I'm literally about to go through the same exact process on the exact same cabinet as you, awesome, awesome read. Thank you for sharing! Regarding your recap, did you use a cap list posted somewhere or did you just document each cap and personally look it up on digikey like I usually do?

• Quote from GC8TECH: “Quote from djsheep: “Great videos mate. Very informative. ” Thanks, That means a lot... T. ” Just found your website, thank you for your videos. Very informative for a pleb like meself =)