Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 359.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Option 4: Run an extension cord from the nearest electrical outlet to your storage unit. Not sure where ya live but it's super hot and humid here in Georgia. Which means ya gotta have some kind of air conditioning in our units which means power. But from experience even units without power have some kind of power somewhere on the outside of the units or in the hall-way.

• Quote from gabrielizm: “but i can boot up SFIV HDD + Dongle just fine. ” Ok .. I have no explanation of that then. Maybe try a different computer to make your image? I am running out of possible solutions.

• I have used dozens of different SSD and HDD drives on the TTX2 units and never had an issue. So I am thinking this is not a hard drive issue. I don't think you can even enter the bios menu even with a keyboard attached. Right now the only things I can think of is checking cables, switching to different SATA ports, or (I hate to say this) your TTX2 motherboard just plain simply went bad.

• I believe you do not need to format the drive as HDD Raw copy formats the drive to whatever the source drive is. I can not confirm this as I use brand new drives right out of the package and let the program do it's thing. I didn't format anything.

• I also used WinImage and was having problems .. how ever I started using HDD Raw Copy and everything seemed to work fine. hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

• Taito Type X2 Upgrades and Mods

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

LOL I guess I'm pretty thankful my graphics cards do not make very much noise, because there is nooooooo way that passive heatsink would fit in my set-up. Not nearly enough room for that beast.

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

Quote from hardyhell: “des anyone have a idea how to silence the gfx Card. this small fan is so annoying. ” You have two silent solutions. Either get a passive cooling heat sink or use a water cooling block. Be warned a passive cooling block will only work if you have plenty of airflow through the case and with the stock TTX2 case having so many openings and crevices this might not be such a good idea. On the other hand water cooling requires a punp, reservoir, radiator fans, tubing, hoses .. yo…

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

The black is semi gloss from Lowe's. Whatever brand they have ( I forget off hand ). The Blue is Patriotic Blue arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…7db29e2c85d5cc4b3e2f2d2a5 And that description lies .. it took two tries to get a nice even coat lol.

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

Quote from ZERO_MILES: “@Dreygor, what model RAM did you use? I found the exact same processor you are using @ at local eBay-like website, should I go for that one? Same seller has the "X9100 3.06GHz" processor, but I don't know if the TTX2 will support this model. EDIT: X9100 uses a different socket. ” I got my CPU off of eBay along with my RAM ebay.com/itm/Komputerbay-4GB-M…ksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 ebay.com/itm/INTEL-Core2-Extre…ksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 I also got the new badges off eBay eba…

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

First off I would like to give props to everyone who has modded their TTX2s before me as you laid the foundation and inspired me to follow the direction I did. Special thanks to @Niko as I bothered him a good bit while trying to sort some things out. Modified Upgraded Painted Rebadged I went with the basically the same upgrades as done by @tom5151 posted here Taito Type X2 Upgrades and Mods . I however opted to keep the original case and repaint it. The SSD (1TB Crucial) is in a bay that is acce…

• Ciao from Rome

Dreygor - - Introduce Yourself!

Ciao ! Ero abituato a vivere in Sicilia (vicino a catania) quando ero un ragazzino, dato che mio padre era nell'esercito degli Stati Uniti. Welcome! If you need anything do not hesitate to ask!

• oops someone else posted that he released everything .. nothing to see here..

• Quote from rewrite: “Color me interested. Already have a smb setup at home and the full PS2 set... ” McBoot or hardware mod? LOL sounds like you need to page @brizzo , @twistedsymphony .. the other people I know who could pull this off are not allowed to play here anymore.

• Yup corrected myself after I read your following post.

• Its a PlayStation 2 emulator that instead of having the discs on the RPI3 it pulls them off of a SMB server. The last time I tried this the PS2 emulator did not play the games very well and there was not many supported. However this was many many months ago and VERY beta lol. I wouldnt be surprised if they gave up on it as the Pi3 was lacking enough ooomphf to pull it off. *edit* ohhhh your not using the Pi for emulation .. i'm intrigued. So this pushes the game to the PS2? As in the Pi acts as …

• TTX2: To upgrade CPU or Not?

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

No, they don't seem to either. if you look at the second web site I listed it shows a bunch of performance ratings. In almost every one the x6800 beats out he P4 even in single core stuff. I am not sure if it's the bus speed that makes up the difference. I thought the core clock speed would make the single core P4 faster but it does not in quite a few of the tests. That's why I posted here asking.

• TTX2: To upgrade CPU or Not?

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on some upgrades that should max out my TTX2. Some like the RAM, GPU, SSD and PSU are obvious upgrades. However the CPU one is still a point of contention. So the CPU in the TTX2 I have is a Intel Pentium 4 651 while the alternate CPU I bought is an Intel Core2 Extreme x6800 going by this site.. cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium…l-Core2-X6800#differences and cpu-world.com/Compare/950/Inte…_Intel_Pentium_4_651.html both give compelling arguments for both CPUs. …

• Nanao MS-2931

Dreygor - - Monitor Help

Funny story about the Nanao in my Blast city. When I got it had bad pin cushion issues and the sides of the viewing area were super caved in. So I went through the on screen display about 6 or 7 times and could not find the damn adjustment for it. Opened the back of the cab to make adjustments on the pots .. that were not there. I was ready to pull the monitor out of the damn thing and have the chassis shipped off or throw the friggin thing in the garbage when a friend explained how to activate …

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

I'm already near 500gb with the extra stuff ive been tinkering with. That's one reason I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 1TB SSD.

Dreygor - - Taito Type X

1TB SSD are not that expensive anymore. You can pick up a Crucial MX500 1TB for less than $95 now days! iymr3wxl.jpg