Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 885.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Welcome!

• Hello.. sorry to hear the bad news.. I am also a newbie when it comes to troubleshooting CRTs.. I had a similar situation as you, quite honestly the best thing that you can do right now is to figure out how to remove the chassis (or find out someone to do it for you) and send it for repairs and a full recap..there can be a number of things going from caps to fly back etc. There are two companies that can work on repairs (PNL, I forget the other) but a few of us have written about them and how to…

• Display Problems

SNK-NEO-GEO - - Taito Type X

this is what worked on mine when I tried that. 1..set monitor board to 31khz 2..set TTX2 to 31 kHz 3..connect the TTX2 on the VGA of the Blastcity monitor 4.. power cycle the blast a few times because the monitor seem to have issue directing 31khz right away. Not sure why..

• Unless you absolutely need to have the projector experience, go with an OLED LG and call it a day. The 55" affordable now. Or you can have both, have the projector screen drop down in front of the TV..I have see a few setup on YouTube which look cool. Besides, by the time that you HDMI your consoles that might be close to the price of an OLED 55"

• Degaussing Tate TV Question

SNK-NEO-GEO - - Monitor Help

I have a degaussing wand and an old 19" Zenith TV and I had a similar problem..The wand did not work for me. Moving the TV, facing the correct magnetic earth direction did the trick.

• Some people have the love for cave SHMUPS and the money to buy the PCBs and good for them, they should be happy. No one should tell you how to spend your hard earned money. I used to have one cave PCB and I could not tell the difference between the real and the GroovyMame version. I am not a SHMUPS lover so I go with the "I just want to play Jerry". Fighting games is what I like the most (cps2) so I understand the need to play the real thing concept and I can tell the difference between GroovyMa…

• Welcome! What is the status of arcade shops now? Are arcade shops dying fast like what happened in a the USA? Nice cab:)

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “I think it's sad to say but the days of youtube just being people sharing their personal ideas is done. So many people do it as a job now so monetizing videos and getting sponsors means more than integrity to most big name Youtubers. And what can you do as a viewer? It's a nasty cycle. If you leave the big channel to a smaller channel then eventually the same thing will happen to them. It is a pretty common practice now for companies to go directly to YouTube "Influencer…

• I will wait for a few revisions because I don't like being a beta tester.

• X2 output question

Your monitor has a built in upscaler and should upscale to 1080p just fine..

• Blame @twistedsymphony for that email:).. I was watching the listing when twisted placed the link and they were selling fast.

• Who is ZPaul2Fresh8?

SNK-NEO-GEO - - Introduce Yourself!

Welcome:)..

• Vewlix JVS card for X2

I know that I have a Taito normal I/O somwere that I purchased from KC a while back for my Dia Blacks but I only ended up using one.. let me know if you need one.

• CRT to VGA

@invzim - focusing on the upscaler first is a great idea.. maybe down the road you can focus on a new downscaler device with scart and components output or whatever makes sense. Maybe we can outsource a UVC and send it your way for reverse engineering and improve on that model since the UVC seems to be the best downscaler out there but hard to get.

• CRT to VGA

If I understand correctly, you are looking for an upscaler and to my understanding the OSSC seems to be what you are looking for.

• I would like to see an independent documentary on how the ocean life is being affected.. I was reading somewhere that the radiation was affecting sea life all the way to LA..maybe we already have a modern life size Godzilla

• My understanding -- is that if you are running a JVS I/O you will need the jammifier --> OSSC where you can try to see if the LG monitor has no issues with 3X, 4X and 5X.. my understanding is that the OSSC is 1080p 5X and the monitor will use the internal upscaler and will upscale the 1080p 5x to 4k and this is where most monitors have issues. I could be wrong here because it has been a long time since I touch the OSSC.. I just don't like to deal with external scalers

• I guess that you will be the first tester on that LG monitor with the OSSC... the problem with the OSSC is usually at 3x and up... most display take 1x and 2x and pass throughjust fine. The game looks will be up to the internal scaller on tha LG monitor.. on Vewlix black monitor 5x at 1080p on the OSSC is not an issue and the monitor looks good with Jamma games.

• New to the hobby

SNK-NEO-GEO - - Introduce Yourself!

I am not sure if the black has DHCP but it can display anything that I plug from PS4 to XboX over the DVI port with and HDMI to DVI cable.. only one line of monitor, as far as I know that has an HDMI input and that is the one that we used to call "New Diamond monitor".. I can bet that has HDCP. Which reminds me that I have one of those monitors and will list it for trade..

• If you were in the USA, I would be like, I'll sell you one of mine:)...My understanding is that only on quantity of 4 can be purchased and only from a Japanese distributor.. Here in the USA only KC at this time can offer them.. Maybe try reaching out to rklok and see if they can help.. I think that they import cabs but I am not sure where in your side of the world they are located.. maybe KC can ship to your location but the shipping cost might kill the deal.. rklok.nl/