Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 431.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Fluffy: “I guess I'll have to experiment with different casting resins. ” smooth-on.com/products/task-9/ Only downside is the short pot life, have to work fast. Excellent resin for what you trying to do, assuming transparency is a must

• Update time! Been swamped with work and personal things the past few weeks; way behind schedule on finishing the Crystal Multi! - Three new games have been dumped and submitted to MAME (Urachacha Mudaeri, Wully Bully, Maldaliza) - Final pcbs arrived weeks ago, assembled a couple, works exactly as expected. Parts for all pre-orders are on hand as well - Have a few final bugs to solve with the PC programming software, but overall happy with the GUI design for this type of cart Will post some more …

• Quote from xodaraP: “Is it at all worth having a cheap logic analyser in the repair kit or do you need something like the large HP units to get any useful information from arcade hardware? ” Both have pros and cons USB based Saleae devices have unlimited data capture (limited by host pc ram). The bandwidth/sample rate goes down the more channels you use. Mainframe style logic analyzers have massive amounts of channels, but can only capture a specific amount of data. But they can also do way more…

• Just to play devil's advocate here; 0x0A to 0x0B is only a single bit changed, not even a byte (00001010 -> 00001011)

• $10 says the Makoto bug is a 1 byte patch to fix

• I'm starting to wonder what this topic was originally about? Patching and fixing a game, or beating a dead horse?

• @Hammy @Hatsune Mike and myself are members of TDU. @rtw is as well and good at connecting people. Quote from buffi: “.. regarding the MVS collections, where would such a post even go on this forum I'm quite new here. ” arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?board/13-arcade-talk/

• Quote from buffi: “the smart thing might still be to mail the board if desoldering the chips turns out complicated. ” I have to agree that sending this off to someone more experienced is the smart plan. It takes a lot of experience/time with desoldering equipment to do rework without any damage. One lifted trace and you have opened the can of worms to locate and repair the problem. Several posts have mentioned 'The Dumping Union', but they have not explained what/who they are. TDU is a group of …

• Quote from Fluffy: “maybe I'll have to cut some extra channels or use putty to block some cavities ” You will definitely need clay (make sure it is sulfur free, otherwise the silicone will not cure) for parting each shell side. I highly recommend the videos on the Smooth On youtube channel, and Brick in the Yard on youtube as well. I just briefly checked out the video you linked; bonus points they are also using Smooth On as well! Parts that can be sanded or painted after are far more forgiving …

• Quote from Fluffy: “This is an area where I have no experience... so far nobody could confirm if you could make a mould that doesn't distort the large flat areas, and if the resin cast is strong enough. ” I have a lot of experience casting all kinds of objects. Without a doubt you can cast a PGM shell and get an exact 1:1 replica that is equally strong or if not, stronger. There is a trial and error learning curve with casting. Not all silicone rubbers or resins are made the same. I use Smooth O…

• Quote from streetfighterken: “Zero mention of AP or any beef there. ” Use the search feature and you will see that is not true. Only two people were banned, but only one is desperate for attention. But you are correct the FB group is far more tame than the obsessive posts on Twitter which is why it wasn't a part of this original post. I'm glad he can find an outlet in making a Facebook group and move on from AP.

• Also worth noting this person is beyond obsessed with AP even though they have been banned for months now. I am honestly at a loss to try to rationalize the behavior being shown. Of course we can expect these posts are going to be screenshot and put onto twitter just like any other comment they feel wronged by. It has been our policy to ignore and give this behavior no attention but when they feel the need to start impersonation and spreading misinformation it is time to set the record straight …

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “do your adapters do the 22V10 in addition to the 16V8? or is it 16V8 only? I've been wanting to build my own tool for reversing both of these but if one already exists then I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. ” The 27c020 method only applies to combinatorial configured 20 pin devices; so that excludes 22v10. The site I linked to above belongs to Charles MacDonald, and he had designed a device for solving 22 pin chips and some registered devices but has since retired t…

• Quote from MetalliC: “funny side note: has been verified - Atomiswave encryption system uses 8-bit keys #SuperSecurity ” It only took us two years to figure it out I'm glad our discussion last weekend lead to you solving this

• Quote from acblunden2: “@brizzo can you dump GAL's? ” Yes, I have a few different tricks depending on the type of device. Quote from Fluffy: “What you can do with those type of GAL is generate all possible inputs and sample the outputs to generate one single truth table, then use an algorithm to simply it into a set of expressions. (What doesn't work is if the internal registers are used, or if an output is tri-stated. Though by looking at the connections on the PCB it should be possible to gues…

• Quote from Fluffy: “PMs for everyone up to "the line" are out to confirm numbers. I hope I didn't forget anyone! ” What is the line? Edit; I see now, page 3, post 59 is the cut off. Boooooo

• Wargods CF and Boot Rom

brizzo - - Midway Systems

Quote from SummittArcade: “I found a company that will custom make the card to report the size I need. Minimum order and high cost though ” I forgot to mention above that Greenliant denied access to the configuration tools and protocol for their chips but referred me to one of their vendors, perhaps a different company, but were unwilling to provide sample or guarantee it would work as intended.

• Wargods CF and Boot Rom

brizzo - - Midway Systems

Quote from SummittArcade: “I may have found a plug and play CF solution, however its not cheap. How many people with out a doubt would buy one at 75.00 ea? I would have sell 15 to make my money back. ” What did you come up with for a solution? I solved how to remove the hdd geometry check but have not been able to solve what appears to be a checksum algorithm that covers the code that needs to be modified. Then I experimented with using a fpga as man-in-the-middle to report alternate geometry wh…

• No, sadly the forum software doesnt have search within thread, nor a plugin to add it. But in fairness, there are not many threads within this PGM section so shouldn't get too much extra noise searching within forum.

• Quote from Nodoyuna: “Are you going to sell more units after the preorder? (As usual, I don't have money available right now) ” Absolutely! I keep inventory of pretty much everything I've designed and sold before.