Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• System 16B Conversion Help

xodaraP - - System 16/18/24/32

Will do once I get home from work. I tried for quite a while to get Altered Beast working on the ROM board that didn't require the i8751 and couldn't because the wrong ROMs were banked The multi kind of makes this mod irrelevant but I'd still be keen to see it happen.

• System 16B Conversion Help

xodaraP - - System 16/18/24/32

Quote from KoshiroKazuma: “Is it possible to make Cotton playable on 171-5521? My Tetris rom board is 171-5521. Everyone says it is identical to 5704, but I don't find any info to mod this board. ” No. One has tile banking enabled for the sprites, the other for the tile ROMs. They are almost identical but with that key difference. There may be a version of Cotton released on the other version board though? Quote from Apocalypse: “ Quote from KoshiroKazuma: “Is it possible to make Cotton playable…

• Hi everyone, I was asked to repair a box full of 4 slot MVS boards by an operator friend. I pulled the first one out today and decided to start a log as I go and hopefully get at least a couple of these up and running (some are believed to be beyond repair but will be good for parts supply!) Board 1 Fault: Video RAM Error Fix: Replaced both 62256 surface mount video RAM (twice, the first replacement set was also faulty!) Additional Fault: Video RAM Error at $8000 Fix: Replaced both fast video RA…

• The Minigun uses the same standard as the original AES, HAS, UD-USB etc. Unfortunately a lot of other Supergun/adaptor designers don't follow the original Neo standard There's a chart somewhere with the most common Superguns and their pinouts.

• Quote from Darksoft: “which resistor? Where exactly? ” A 300ohm resistor to add load to the 12V rail to mimic the draw from the GD-ROM drive - another option is removing the 12V regulator, but this seems to not work for some people and they still get heat issues. The 3D printed housing for the GDEMU would definitely help too. By removing the drive you're affecting the airflow so adding in a shell the same shape as the original drive should restore a lot of that

• Astérix Case

xodaraP - - Project Showcase

Sorry to hear you haven't been well and I hope you're feeling better

• Quote from werejag: “what is the solution for a cheap video cable? ” There isn't really one. The solution either requires redesigning the PCB for an MD2 connector, using one of Viletim's adapters or an RGC or similar cable.

• I have a Third Strike CD but I'm unsure of version. I can dump it though

• Quote from ninjaz0mbie: “Quote from acblunden2: “My Dreamcast w/GDEmu will be spending much of its time in a cab. Heat is a concern for me. ” I'm curious, and forgive me if this is incredibly naive. In a scenario where one is putting a Dreamcast into an arcade cabinet, could you use a pico PSU and then wire it up directly to a 12V output from the cabinet's own PSU, rather than going with an external power transformer brick? ” Provided your cab PSU outputs enough amps, yep. Sega PSUs have very li…

• Wow really? Hmm. I am planning on doing the Noctua upgrade. Thought removing the reg would help too.

• Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from xodaraP: “Even then there are easy and effective ways to solve the heat problem without replacing the factory PSU ” Us/we arcade collectors are snobs. If we were just console gamers, we could rig up unsightly fans and call it a day. But we are arcade collectors. We have reputations to uphold. ” Exactly why originality should be upheld wherever possible A resistor on the 12V rail to imitate the load of the now removed GD-ROM or removing the regulator pins from t…

• Even then there are easy and effective ways to solve the heat problem without replacing the factory PSU

• Hello and help! lol

xodaraP - - Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! @caius makes a reproduction of the sound custom used on X-Men and other boards. You can recap, but if the caps have leaked they can cause damage to the traces on the board. I'm not aware of too many people who will recap the existing board for this reason Repro here: Konami 054986A chip by Caius

• The 9V is the issue, but I think what @Frank_fjs is getting at is if he stuffed up the resistor on that line there are potential other flaws in the BOM and design. I still think it's worth trying them since the +5 from what he saw was working well and other Saturns don't need +9 But these are definitely more for those people with ODE devices rather than original disc drives. The ODE require far less power

• Thank you for releasing this

• InfiniKey-CPS2

xodaraP - - Temple of the Undamned

That's what I would do, yes.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Quote from KaPH33n: “another method I've found useful is measuring the voltage at the chip closest to the battery... when that gets to around 5.0 you can stop raising your voltage. I found that on some boards that took raising to 5.2 on my supergun's psu. 5.2 at the jamma edge was 5.0 at the chip. But again 5.2 is high and I don't recommend running it that high once the keys are programmed. ” It's an InfiniKey so it needs that every time you want it to boot. He's safer gradually increasing the v…

• InfiniKey-CPS2

If it's InfiniKey, bump up your power slightly - if currently sitting at 4.8, try 4.9, then 5.0, then 5.05, then 5.07 etc. Be very careful increasing voltage

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Are you programming with Arduino or InfiniKey? If it's InfiniKey you need the EPROMs installed because the board is getting keys at boot and there's no battery If Arduino and using a replacement battery, remove EPROMs and try programming without increasing voltage. I didn't need to bump mine up after removing them, not having them draining the 5v line was enough to get the keys through.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Quote from DarthMig: “@xodaraP I have the same issue with a SSF2 New Challenger asia board set i have. Could not get it working because would not program/take keys. I want to try again to see is i can get it working. ” SSF2 is generally on rev 3 since it was the first ever CPS2 game. You'll find it often needs extra +5 to program as @KaPH33n mentioned above. The solution I found using an Arduino was to remove all the EPROMs from the board so there was less drain and program it that way. Worked p…