Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 112.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from ninjaz0mbie: “Quote from ninjaz0mbie: “is there a standardized spec for this, or do this or is this just an undocumented quirk/feature of the monitor ” Looking at the tri-sync helper page, it looks like there's an option to output CSync on pin 13 or HVSync across pin 13 and 14 respectively, so maybe that is the standard way of doing it? Perhaps @invzim knows if this is typically supported by arcade tri-sync monitors. irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper ” The tri-sync helper (rev 2…

• Taito Vewlix JVS IO

invzim - - Project Showcase

Quote from Derick2k: “ The 60pin connector supports 8 buttons per player, not sure if they are wire up/connected, havent look at the pcb to trace it out. But it would be cool if you could make the firmware on this IO report/work with up to 8 buttons per player. Would be useful for mame/modern consoles use and also with the JVSPAC2. Im sure the hardware is wired/can handle it, but its just a firmware limit. @brizzo I know you are super busy bro, but did you ever dig further into this io? ” The Ve…

• JVS Emulator

Quote from rtw: “so... how do we make a JVS tap ” RS485 transceiver in read mode, logic analyzer on RX pin. Or just probe the transceiver on existing hardware - shared bus so doesn't matter which one..

• ATX bench PSU

@phoenix07 Tested CPS2 on the bench, and it draws 2.8A on the 5V rail - i.e. a bit, but not terrible. With the cooler master supply, I measure 4.97 at the Jamma edge. wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/PCB_Power_Consumption

• Quote from tonyt76: “@twistedsymphony I need your help. I'm using the Rev B Sega JVS to Jamma adapter. I had a cable made that goes from CN8 on the Blast I/O to the 14pin input on the JVS/Jamma adapter. It is wired exactly as you posted, but I am not getting any input on buttons 4-6 in the Naomi I/O test menu. ” Try the pinout on the ao wiki..

• ATX bench PSU

Quote from Frank_fjs: “Using the 4 pin molex isn't any better. They're designed to carry 2.5 amps, no more. You need to utilise the 20/24 pin ATX connector. It has appropriate gauged wire and a connector that can handle the current. ” For this particular PSU, that is not correct. The ATX is 18AWG, while the HDD wires are 16AWG. But yes, the more/thicker wires the better. The adapter I made for ATX->JST-VL and use with the Jammafier uses 4x5V from ATX with 18AWG, effetively 12AWG..

• ATX bench PSU

Quote from phoenix07: “I've tested with CPS2 board and I saw that the 5V was dropped to 4.62V and there is no video signal I also tested with MVS and System-11 boards I got 4.91 and 4.89 respectively but they are working properly. Any suggestion? ” Check the wiring between ATX power connector and jamma edge, continuity and type/number of wires. Not sure which device you're using to connect to the CPS2, it may not be optimized for power delivery? Reference with the Jammafier, arcade-projects.com/…

• Not enough coffee yet - but nonono In the picture you have connected the JVS-PAC 2 to the aux power USB port of the Jammafier, also in the picture none of the devices get JVS - so they won't do anything useful until they do.

• ATX bench PSU

Quote from adgenet: “With adequately sized wire for a given load and wire length, there should be very little reason ever, if at all, to ever adjust a power supply's output outside of spec. ” So true!

• ATX bench PSU

Quote from phoenix07: “Hi, I've some questions The Cooler Master MasterWatt 650W you've picked up is a 80+ Bronze or 80+ Gold? Is it working properly with most arcade boards? I've tried to use ATX PSU (PC) for arcade board such as CPS2 but it doesn't work due to the voltage was dropped below 5V and there is no adjustable. ” Exact model I got is "MPX-6501-AMAAB-EU", which seems to be bronze. I've had CPS2 on the bench with this, and no issues. It's so full of juicy caps that it often takes a few …

• also here wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/JVS#Sega_838-13683-93 I'm 99% sure "rev A" and "rev b" has identical pinout

• If you provide schematics, maybe someone can give you technical feedback. I would strongly suggest to have a look at some of these signals with a scope to see if they are within safe spec for both the amps on the board, and what is output from this PCB and especially the actual game PCB itself. 6mil traces are quite thin, for a board like this I would recommend sticking with 10mil minimum.

• CRT to VGA

invzim - - Monitor Help

Sorry, I didn't want to hijack this thread. The hardware can do it, but it's not on my list of important features to implement, i.e. focus will be on making the scaler as good and user-friendly as possible first. A couple of issues with down-scaling: - Output RGB is VGA/console level 75ohm impedance, it does not have the hardware to up it to 5V and 1K impedance for 15khz arcade monitors - Sync would probably have to be composite So far see no user-friendly way to swap the mode from upscaling to …

• CRT to VGA

invzim - - Monitor Help

Yeah, the xrgb2 is good at 480i - looks like it combines two frames into one using a frame-buffer. I can't do that - but switching isn't terrible. I've since rewritten a bunch of the fpga code for this: youtube.com/watch?v=MUx4QuohGdg skip to about 3 minutes

• CRT to VGA

invzim - - Monitor Help

Yes It has an option to output with scanlines, pretty much the same as OSSC and XRGB2 (and probably a few others).

• CRT to VGA

invzim - - Monitor Help

Yes it's an option, the monitor in the video is 31K only.

• CRT to VGA

invzim - - Monitor Help

Quote from Dreygor: “Quote from invzim: “Shameless plug, things are looking good for a 2019 release of irkenlabs.com/retro-scaler-a1/introduction It blows the Taito scaler out of the water quality wise, IMHO - did A/B testing with it. ” @invzim What resolution does that output at ? What kind of input are on it? What are the two connectors in the middle for? What's the SD card connector for ? Price point? .. yep im intrigued ” Input is either Arcade or console RGB, and arcade/computer sync or con…

• CRT to VGA

invzim - - Monitor Help

Shameless plug, things are looking good for a 2019 release of irkenlabs.com/retro-scaler-a1/introduction It blows the Taito scaler out of the water quality wise, IMHO - did A/B testing with it.

• First rule of trouble-shooting, check your power (or lack of power in this case it seems ). The schematic by Martin Jones was made in Altium Designer, and was probably posted just to explain the workings - not all the nuts & bolts. A complete schematic would have all the pins of all IC's..

• Get proper wires and you won't have to worry about dialing much at all.. Some details here: irkenlabs.com/jammafier/power