Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 99.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You surely got the most... interesting, if not unique things over there. Is Zenit the same company which makes the russian camera lenses? They made copies of Zeiss lens back then and they were pretty good and still quite looked after today.

• System 16B Conversion Help

donluca - - System 16/18/24/32

ad nauseam: github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/m…mame/drivers/segas16b.cpp I feel like this has been posted at least 4 times and sometimes I still get people PMs asking me for help when it's already all nicely explained, as I was the driver developer or something. And just to make sure: I'm not the Luca who's one of the MAME devs. I've just contributed once in the past (quite a lot time ago actually) and that was it.

• Quote from undamned: “What System 16 -> JAMMA adapters are you guys using? Looking for a nice one (no video noise, etc.). -ud ” I just did it myself, bought a female and a male Jamma edge and soldered some cables and that was it. Cheap, clean and zero interferences whatsoever.

• Quote from stj: “well i was asking about actual decrypted sets, the ones at dead-coders arent, they are bank switched and need double-sized roms. this is a pain because i want to use bank switching to make a multi-game board. pang,super-pang,block-block and a 4th undecided. ” Just found this thread and this definitely sounds interesting! I just want a Pang + Super Pang board, did you manage to make your own multi? I'm interested in what you did to achieve that.

• CPS2 Suicide Free Modchip

donluca - - Project Showcase

Arduino Nano is 2€ from China and 3€ from your local seller. Still, this is a more compact and tidy solution, although you'll need a PIC programmer which adds to the cost, whereas the Arduino Nano doesn't need anything else.

• Ahhhh now that you mention it I have to to this as well, so I can have the uncensored version and with "proper" endings.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

donluca - - CPS2 Multigame

Quote from jb907: “anybody with the silent 6 gelid can take a photo of how the pins should be connected? ” You can try plugging it in every way, there's no risk of damaging it (that's how I discovered it), but IIRC (don't want to open the case again), with you having the fan side in front of you, put the notches upwards and connect the right-most two pins.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

Quote from jord4n313: “I’ve been considering installing one of these fans along with this temp based fan controller (pic and link below) in my CPS2 once my Darksoft Multi arrives. Anyone have experience with these cheap temp probe based Pwm controllers? Icstation 12V 4 Wire PWM PC Case CPU Fan Thermostat Speed Controller with Sensor amazon.com/dp/B077SLWWXL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_O6NKCbPWD73J2 ” Interesting, I've found one from China on eBay for 3€, might give it a shot just for fun.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

All good, 27Ω resistor to drop the voltage to 6V and it's done. Perfectly silent, still good airflow. Tried starting it up 3-4 times and all went well, so I should be set.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

Quote from nem: “Here are the specs of the Sunon fan that some of the guys here have: HA60151V4-1000U-A99, 21.46m3/h, 14.5dBA That fan is whisper quiet. Compare that to the specs of the Gelid and make your own conclusion. ” Thanks for the specs! The Gelid pumps 27.2 compared to the 21.46 of the Sunon and has a noise level of 24dBA. I have one of those multi-volt PSU with lots of steps, I'll try lowering the voltage to the point where the sound becomes slightly less intrusive and then calculate t…

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

Quote from nem: “All of my CPS2 boards have low RPM fans and I've had them installed in an arcade, some have been in constant use for over three years, even 10 hours straight. That in addition to the fact that many of the boards I've bought from Japan originally had seized fans and who knows how long they've been run in that state. Point is I don't think you have to worry about silent fans in home use. ” So would it be fine if I lowered the voltage of the fan to make it less intrusive? Even if I…

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

Quote from Mrhide: “amazon.ca : Gelid Silent 6 fan: 32$ canadianamazon.com : gelid Silent 6 gan: 9.99$ us. Free trade my ASS. ” That sucks. Paid ~9€ for mine.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

To whoever suggested the Gelid Silent 6 fan: a big thank you! I've installed it today, it was a very tight fit but it worked in the end. It's still a bit noisy but I had no choice as I have to put it inside my Astro City cab, so the other fans were not an option. Definitely a huge upgrade to the super noisy standard fan which was driving me crazy. I've compared the two and it seemed to me that the Gelid is just a little bit less powerful but it should be ok as my longest play sessions rarely go …

• Got my Astro City panel from Alberto. Delightful. Qenc25w.jpg If I really had to nitpick... the black is not really black, rather a very dark grey, but you have to see it in the correct light to notice this. All in all, a very nice repro panel, almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Thumbs up!

• Quote from djsheep: “WARNING: Bought this EPROM eraser from aliexpress. Plugged it in, had it on for about 2 minutes at which point it started sparking, crackling and then it went bang with a flash and died a electrical smelly death. Will be looking at something better made for sure and recommend you do the same! arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…4b8485f0ba9cb406cbfbcb110 ” Thanks for reporting. I have the exact same EPROM eraser, been using it for 2 years without issues, but I'll definitely keep a…

• Yeah, I agree. I did this only because I already had all the parts ready at home, so I didn't spend a cent. I just spent some time to hook it all up and that was it, but in the end it's ok, I've found a use for a very old PC which otherwise would still be sitting on a shelf collecting dust. Last update: EuloNnU.jpg I've cleaned it up a bit, glued the pot to the connector, shortened the USB cable and added a voltmeter to keep track of the Vpp. The voltmeter is the only thing I've bought for safet…

• Yeah, but I had all the components at hand, it took me not more than an hour to build this and another hour to set the PC up. Of course you can buy a TL866 for 35€ or, maybe even better, buy the GALs already programmed from BuyICnow, but I prefer to have means to program the GAL myself and the DIY way is always very satisfying I'll probably add a small LED Voltmeter so I don't have to use my multimeter to check the voltage of the external PSU. By the way, it is called "minimal effort" because co…

• Bumping this thread as I'm looking into reading/burning PAL/GALs. I've seen people interested in cheap ways to read and write to those devices, so I'll write a bit about what I've been doing. I'm following this guide to build my own programmer. Mind you, I'm doing this without any kind of pull-up resistors because I'll be using Lattice GAL16V8D which, as per datasheet, have active pull-ups on all the pins. This is the cheapest, riskiest way to work with GALs, everything is directly connected and…

• No problem, you're really doing god's work already. When you have a bit of free time on your hands I'd be really curious to see a patch for FZ2. It's really interesting though that you've never experienced the glitches 1 and 2 as all of us have experienced them and in the exact same way, same time, same position, etc...

• Ok, ok, so I must have remembered exactly the opposite: there was someone who made this and forgotten worlds work with a spinner, but the original versions worked without. My bad!