Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 47.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Has anybody mentioned making this fit the Digital AV mod? Would @hursit take measurements and cut out an HDMI output slot?

• CPS2 I/O Interface

FakeNoose - - RGB's lab

Quote from MRTCPS2: “Received my unit today after missing the courier yesterday, gave it a quick test with some ST and is working great. Now just to fix up my messy ud-usb wiring situation Thanks RGB! ” so were you able to just plug the pico psu in and it worked? Mine wouldn't turn on at all.

• CPS2 I/O Interface

FakeNoose - - RGB's lab

Quote from yuro: “These pictures ARE NOT MINE! Credit goes to @ifixretro on Twitter. Here he's used Undamned Decoders and installed the Pico PSU. ” looks great. finally an answer to consolizing the cps2. Im curious to know if its possible to tap the 3p - 4p?

• @Darksoft is there a method for connecting the multi to a dynamic marquee so we can see the art when browsing games? I'm sure if it could be done it would've been done by now but I was curious to know if it was possible at all?

• CPS2 I/O Interface

FakeNoose - - RGB's lab

Quote from Danexmurder: “I first tried this with RG174 and my audio didn't work. I splurged on some low-loss coax and it worked fine. I used this: amazon.com/dp/B07L67VJDX/ref=s…90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1 ” looks like a much higher quality alternative. Does it have a solid inner core insulator? I tried to follow the exact instructions of the more experienced and thought rg174 was the only 'accepted' model as it was the majority consensus that it was the optimal choice or at least, the most recomm…

• UD-USB Decoders

FakeNoose - - Temple of the Undamned

I tried to update the firmware for my UD-USB but it is not recognized when I attempt to connect it to my pc. I also tried connecting it to my cps2 and plugging it in but the light just stays red and it still is not recognized. What am I doing wrong?

• I bumped into the RCA wires on accident and suddenly I had some sound. A resolder later and it all works perfect. It was a rookie mistake on my part for not testing the audio jacks, but I'm glad it was something simple and easy. I really appreciate your help everyone, thanks for your patience.

• CPS2 I/O Interface

FakeNoose - - RGB's lab

after resoldering everything for good measure I still had the same issue. It wasn't until I bumped into the wires that I located the problem and got a hint of sound! The RCA jacks must've gotten damaged along the chain of ownership and needed to be reflowed. go figure a rookie mistake is the culprit and I am thankful that's all it is. Thanks for your help everyone. I appreciate your time and effort! my final question; is there a way to get audio through hdmi or is RCA/JAMMA the only way? Did i m…

• CPS2 I/O Interface

FakeNoose - - RGB's lab

Rg174. You are also the second person to bring that up, I'll be rechecking/flowing it when I get home from work.

• CPS2 I/O Interface

FakeNoose - - RGB's lab

Yup. You got it right. I broke the solder to the chips the av sits on. Works perfect but I have no sound. I'm trying to get help on the 'definitive guide' thread. Thank you!

• Unfortunately no. I'm still waiting for a Q1 supergun. Was told July but all signs point to October so I'll have to sit on this issue for a while. I plan on reflowing my cps io switches to get them working and then maybe redo the coax. After that, well not much choice left. I thank you all for your help, you've eliminated many possibilities and gotten me down to a few things to focus on. Love the community, keep it up! I appreciate any further suggestions.

• Quote from RGB: “@xodaraP, @FakeNoose - The CPS I/O Interface doesn't output AV, it takes care of the controls and power only. AV is output via the HDMI. @FakeNoose - Do you use a real coax cable as stated in marqs' installation guide? ” yes. I used RG-174 as suggested. could this be a grounding issue?

• Quote from KaPH33n: “I've had a lot of motherboards where the buttons stopped working. To fix them I put tiny dabs of flux on the button feet and then reflowed them all with a little more solder. then i used flux remover to clean off the PCB. Finally, put drops of 99% alcohol directly into the button and rapid fire press about 100 times. ” I know the ones on the board are good, i can access and change volume in the system menu without issue. i will try reflowing the tact switches on the cps i/o …

• Quote from xodaraP: “It's not outputting the sound over the HDMI and bypassing the onboard RCAs is it? Do you have the HDMI connected to a device with sound or a monitor without speakers? ” Yes. my monitor has it's own speakers at 100%. I'm also using rca- 3.5mm to eliminate any speaker issues and its also the only set I have that is guaranteed to work unpowered. The CPS2 AV sits on top of the chips and afaict, its passive and doesn't disable the normal functions of the board. Just in case it do…

• Sorry, the exact words are the 'CPS I/O Interface' in conjuction with the 'CPS2 Digital AV Interface'. I am using the board project provided by OSHPark as per RGB's list. oshpark.com/shared_projects/Zjf0XU71

• damn, I thought that was it. its defaulted to qsound stereo. Im going to test my helper board next, its strange that the test switch works, but Service and vol +/- don't do anything.

• I don't doubt the possibility, but the person I bought it from sent a timestamped video with the sound working fine before I bought it. I've also done a sound chip test with multiple games and it all comes back OK, even though I don't hear anything. Ill keep looking though, I'm sure I messed something up somewhere.

• Done and no change, still quiet. Bit of important info - I'm using the CPS I/O because I don't have a supergun yet but afaik it shouldn't interfere with normal operations? I'm testing the audio through the on-board phono and via hdmi. Neither the I/O helper board vol +/- nor the A board vol+/- seems to do anything. (except the A board adds scanlines and adjusts the overscan, which is expected)

• Quote from xodaraP: “On Rev 6/7 and possibly 5, you don't need to install the PAL jumper IF you're using a G PAL. That's for rev 3/4 only. If you're using an F PAL, you need to install a jumper wire, but it's different to the G PAL wire. Tl;dr If you're on a rev 6 board and you bought a G PAL, just install the PAL, no jumper. ” So I had it right the first time before i tried to lift pin 9, but I still have no sound. no jumper, no lifted pin. my jp 1-29 are set correctly, multi verified.

• Quote from xodaraP: “Quote from Darksoft: “PALG also needs to be connected to J17. ” On Rev 6? I would've thought it had the factory fix for Pal G, he said it came with a PAL G too. Can't hurt though. ” when I lift pin 9 and jump it to j17, the game wont boot and the screen is garbled artifacts. removing the j17 jumper boots the game, but no audio. I have a Rev 6 as well, but mine had a PAL F and afaict, it's the original. I'm using a burned PAL G from hSS. I think some of the confusion comes fr…