Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 135.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JVSCore now works nicely and is at: github.com/bobbydilley/JVSCore-Public It's super easy to compile + install, and making an adapter should take about 5 minutes and cost about £10. Supports: - Any linux distrobution (probably) - Analogue Controls - Normal Button Controls - Tested on Type 1 and Type 3, should work on anything. - Running in the background as a systemd service, which will keep trying to reconnect to any JVS board you plug in. I'm open to adding in functionality such as rotary / co…

• Correct. Only difference really between red + yellow that isn't the video card / ram is the processor. So the motherboard will take either one, and that'll effectively define if that motherboard is a red or yellow lindbergh.

• Should work fine - I don’t believe any actual components on the mobo are different. The processors are different, but if your moving to yellow (P4 I think) from red it should run fine.

• Lindbergh yellow boot issue

bobbydilley - - Sega Lindbergh

Looks to me like you've done a lot of trial and error here, and I unfortunately cannot offer much advice more than what you've already done. It does sound like a main board issue. I'm assuming you've given the whole system a good clean from dust etc?

• Setup Time Crisis 3

bobbydilley - - Namco System 246/256

Mines not that exact one, but I've tried 3 different PSUs all over 250watt and of good quality. I've recently got a Sun PSU from a lindbergh, so i'm going to try that as well as that'll let me dial the 5v and 3v3 up and down.

• Setup Time Crisis 3

Sorry to keep bumping the thread, got it running but it likes to crash every minute or so, and then works for a bit after reboot. Anyone got any ideas, I’ve got a 250watt PSU on it - do these 246s require more power?

• Setup Time Crisis 3

My projector is a DLP so won’t play the gun anyway as it’s buffering the video. I’m just gonna use OpenJVS with a wii remote to play it for the time being, or if I do get the gun I/O see if I can get it running on a TV.

• Setup Time Crisis 3

So on my quest to find a computer monitor that will sync to the 15KHz signal that the System 246 is giving out, I found out that both of the projectors that I own can sync to 15KHz with no problem. I had a Dell SE2416 which had a good go at syncing, but kept cutting out. The projectors however set themselves to RGB(scart) mode when they are running. I was wondering, if I bought a VGA to Scart cable online, do you think that the System 246 would work on a normal TV via scart? Or is the projector …

• Setup Time Crisis 3

Things I've found out: - Time Crisis 3 requires no I/O to boot, and will just start strait into the attract mode as long as the CD + Memory Card are in. - Time Crisis 3 takes zero notice of the dip switches on the front. - Boot process is as follows: 1. Beep * 6 2. Blue Screen 3. Black Screen 4. Blue Screen with Buffer Write Text 5. Black Screen with Texture/Game loading text 6. Attract mode starts - Game will work for a bit and then crash if power supply isn't good enough - Arcade CGA -> VGA bo…

• Lindbergh Differences?

In terms of the using any machine to be a Lindbergh, I think if you had basically the same PCI cards in a normal PC it would possibly run. I'm not sure quite how the PIC chip communicates with the motherboard though, possibly over parallel port, so it's probably a big job to setup another computer to run like a Lindbergh? Lindbergh games can be run on a normal PC anyway now. In terms of the different video cards, depends what multi you want to use - some will allow the use of different cards, ot…

• Setup Time Crisis 3

@twistedsymphony Technically you can use both my OpenJVS (linux inputs -> JVS) and JVSCore (JVS -> linux inputs) to convert a Sega IR setup to the Namco type setup - but it's all way off working properly, and I'm back at university now so don't have much time to play with arcades at the moment - but if I ever manage to get it working I'll be sure to tell you It might be something that a big Arduino would be better at doing, a sort of Sega IR -> Namco / Namco -> Sega IR converter board. @Hydreigo…

• Setup Time Crisis 3

Thank you all for the really useful information, sounds like I should be nearly good to go. Main issue is probably that I don't have a 15Khz monitor, and have to use a converter which I'm assuming will ruin the light gun. I purchased one of these, just because - does anyone know what it actually does? i.ebayimg.com/images/g/0Y4AAOSw3XZc1VJn/s-l1600.jpg Also sounds like if the system can use the JVS Rays PCB, I can hopefully fake one of those and play the game with an aimtrak or something using O…

• Setup Time Crisis 3

I've recently purchased a System 246 Type C with Time Crisis 3. The plan is to fake the JVS I/O so I can just play the game with some wii remotes or something, however I was wondering what exactly I would need if I wanted to play the game with a light gun. I've currently got: The System 246 Type C with Game + Security Dongle A Namco arcade optical Gun (from TC 1 I think) A v291 Time Crisis 3 Converter PCB I think I need: Time Crisis 3 V291 Gun I/O PCB ( Seems like they both have the same name, t…

• I'd check with someone to make sure that dd does in fact work properly, as I've heard that plugging some HDDs into a computer cause some issue with the disks afterwards? But if you where to use dd, you'd only need one USB -> IDE converters. You could first create a backup of the working drive by running: dd if=/dev/hda of=/home/dave/time_crisis.img bs=10m where /dev/hda is the name of the drive, found by running 'fdisk' on a linux machine, or 'diskutil list' on a mac. You can then just copy that…

• Have managed to getting it working with a Type 3 I/O, and have posted a video of it below. youtube.com/watch?v=F_d3Dn7Dq5k Unfortunately I cannot test the actual functionality as I have no buttons etc. to plug into the I/O at the moment - but hopefully getting the control panel from Let's Go Jungle soon so I'll be able to start work on it properly. The functionality is there to support ALL the input features of JVS so hopefully this will be a very versatile solution!

• Outrun 2 SP Link Play

Do you have to manually set the IP address? On all the other games you just set which cabinet number it is in the normal test menu and it works?

• Outrun 2 SP Link Play

Has anyone ever managed to link Outrun 2 SP, in single cabinet mode from any of the multi images? I can get Initial D 5, Sega Race TV and R Tuned to all link and play fine, but Outrun just sits as the checking network screen forever. Any tips?

• Ram seems to be a common issue with these boards then. I’ve also noted that if you sick more ram in some games seem to boot much faster

• All you need to get a Lindbergh to boot is the I/O. Should work fine on any monitor, and with any ATX PSU.

• When I had random crashing errors on bootup it was one of the Ram sticks being dodgy. If you've got some spare DDR3 (I think) you could try and swap those over. Normally if the I/O where to stop responding it would goto a JVS I/O error, not lock up. Could easily be the HDD having bad sectors, not sure how you'd copy it though.