Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Form Organization and layout.

ekorz - - Forum News

It looks like some topics are nested, e.g. Sega Hardware is a topic with all the sega systems as sub-topics. This seems cool but I do see a button to create a new thread myself at that sub-topic-level, which seems bad. Here’s one I made (feel free to delete) that is in the middle sort of limbo on this topic now: Sega Hardware Support Thread: Test thread

• Test thread

ekorz - - Sega Hardware Support

Seems legit

• 2x Red!

• Escarioth's Aluminum Cases

ekorz - - Project Showcase

Just dropping in to say I’d buy a cps1 with a multi label design, if that’s happening. Also looking forward to seeing your KI or KI2 versions. Those midway boards make awful noises when I move them around so having them mounted seems like a good idea.

• If you look at the files on the sd card you’ll see a KEY file in every folder. You should anyway! If you look at the contents you’ll see the hacks and avalaunch just have 16 blank bytes rather than an actual key. So it’s normal for the multi to say it’s writing the key, it’s just writing a blank key.

• Well I guess I’m interested then too...

• Quote from Derick2k: “We are gonna need a G1 harness selector for all these nice addons you are creating ” Ha there's an idea! someone figure out how I can fit RFID, JVS IO, Fast IO, extra buttons, and this thing all in my CP with selector switches

• hi everyone

ekorz - - Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! Clearly you're here for @'MetalliC''s brain: House of the Dead 2 working on Regular Naomi! but it should be said that there's quite a lot of other incredible stuff around here. we have a lot more brains for you if you poke around.

• Cannot vouch for quality, nor fit for the forked terminals... I make my own. But it could be fine? parts-express.com/ac-power-cor…0kuggLEAQYESABEgKImvD_BwE

• I do not think there is a decrypted rom set for that rom board that plays golden axe Japan revision. The only Japan rev I know of that’s decrypted plays on 171-5704. In any case it would be the program roms ic1 and ic2, but I think that board only plays world and two USA revisions.

• Quote from mathewbeall: “@rewrite you lucky SOB - you are #2 on the list! ” **YAWN**

• I like the kind with a speaker on them. Got one of these for $17 on sale a few years ago (610b model but this looks similar). It’s preference though, the $10 is functionally the same thing, it just doesn’t make noise. amazon.com/dp/B00C7T2GH2/ref=c…_cp_awdb_t1_2MVVDbDGKZJSK

• For context, I’ve been fiddling with boards for a few years though I’m no master yet. Honestly I bought an oscilloscope 6 months ago and haven’t had to plug it in yet. In the meantime I’ve fixed several boards though! So far everything has been solvable with a multimeter, $20 logic probe, soldering iron, some wire, an eprom programmer and whatever components I need for the fix. Also a very healthy respect for the MAME repo in github, and lots of data sheet googling. I am excited to plug in my sc…

• Setup Time Crisis 3

ekorz - - Namco System 246/256

Those $280 ones aren’t original despite what they say

• Setup Time Crisis 3

Maybe end of the era for original stuff. But the knock offs are pretty good: arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/shooting_parts.html “NAMED” instead of “NAMCO”. A bit cheap on the wiring and hose if you get the full gun.

• Interested in picking up a red 100y, mine has seen better days

• Setup Time Crisis 3

You just need 5v and 12v. And 24v for the gun solenoid but that’s another power supply. The one I linked says 5v 20A, +12v 13A which is considerable, so maybe yours isn’t supplying that many amps. It feels like a lot to me, it’s just powering the 246, dvd drive, and gun io, but who am I to say. Lindbergh psu might work just saying 3.3v won’t matter.

• The passives are the other little components on the board, like smd capacitors, resistors, diodes. Maybe a close up photo of the key writing wires... Honestly I still have my $5 on the interconnect board being seated too high... got a photo from the side?

• You could try a supergun that’s not a cbox, along with the retrotink 2x. It is the 2x right? The company is retrotink, the product is 2x. I have no idea how the cbox is converting the video or handling the jamma level video signals anyway. Their mvs unit wasn’t doing it right, so I wouldn’t be surprised if their supergun also has a similar shortcoming. retrorgb.com/cbox-aliexpress-mvs-outputs-improper-sync.html Also looks like the 2x has a firmware update that could help? retrotink.com/product-p…

• Shorting exc5 is just bridging all the pins with a large flathead screwdriver for a few seconds. I’d say your interconnect board needs to be seated lower, but you could photo it from the side and we’d probably be able to confirm! Another way to know if everything is fine, except for the key writing wires, is to load up one of the back roms in the rompacks. Those use blank keys so it should boot no matter if they were soldered right or not. Once one of those boots, if you’re still having trouble …