Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 319.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

caius - - Temple of the Undamned

This new set of 19xx has been added to MAME source : github.com/mamedev/mame/commit…cd2f0e05a2b040eb75acf9855 In case anyone needs to resurrect their board... PROGMEM = { 0x07,0x00,0x02,0x40,0x00,0x0A,0x04,0xC2,0xA4,0x02,0x02,0x21,0xE8,0x85,0x13,0x2A,0x2E,0x46,0x8B,0x00 };

• InfiniKey-CPS2

caius - - Temple of the Undamned

Will do ASAP, thanks.

• I had a similar issue on a P.O.W- PCB (so another SNK game on similar hardware).The pixels spread on screen belonged to sprites and not backgrounds as it may seem on first glance.The issue was due a bad RAM in the row of eight devices, they acts as sprites line buffer.

• I'm pretty sure the issue is due a bad RAM (or more) in the row of eight devices located on the opposite side of edge connector, they should do the line buffer.Try to do piggybacking or replace them (from pictures I can see some have been already socketed)

• Glorious Irem M72 multi

caius - - Apocalypse's Projects

Next step is that 'rtw' will ask you to send the chip to Team Europe (or someone else able) and they will read the ROM out of the MCU using the process I have described in my previous post, that's all.

• Glorious Irem M72 multi

caius - - Apocalypse's Projects

Obviously you can't read secured i8751 MCUs straight with a standard programmer.But you can do it only after erased the security bit with UV exposure.Team Europe successfully did it many times and also Porchy recently.This is obviously valid only for chip where you can remove the top or the lid and obtain access to the die.See posts below for further details of the process : team-europe.blogspot.com/2019/…apping-mcu-from-1943.html jammarcade.net/choplifter-mcu-dumped/ This is a dangerous process…

• It's normal for these CPUs to get very hot especially on Namco System 1 hardware where I believe they do a lot of calculations.

• The '502' is one of the few Konami custom ICs I didn't yet reproduced.So far I have succesfully done and tested the '501' and 503'.Lately I've also done the '082', '083' and '504' and I'm waiting for the boards from manufacturer. I have a bootleg of Time Pilot with a '502' replacement board, anyway I think design is not complete and will not work on other boards.The '502' can be found on few PCBs, refer to this spreadsheet (credits to 'mattosborn' on KLOV forum) docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…eo…

• Quote from Wataru: “@caius Thanks for the extensive reply. So would you be able to supply me with one of your replacement HK-1000 in order to fix it? Regards. ” Yes, I do have availability of my 'HK-1000' reproduction.Please, send me a PM.

• I guess this is your board : ebay.com/itm/Toaplan-jamma-tp-…nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 The 'HK-1000' handles all inputs including coin, service, test and tilt switches.It also handles coin counters and lockouts.Some people here used improperly the term "coin counter" but they wanted to actually mean the "coin switch" (the one that activates the credits by grounding PIN 16 parts-solder side of JAMMA edge connector).Here's is a "coin counter" (which only needs to count how many coins have been inse…

• Quote from Mercurysoundz: “I have a Lethal Enforcers game that needs the sound board replaced. Someone tried to use axial caps to fix it but it still doesn't work. What do I need to do to have you replace it? ” Hi, Please, contact @Mitsurugi-w here.

• jammarcade.net/1mbit-eprom-confusion-jedec-vs-non-jedec/

• Give at least credits for the picture you took from my post : jammarcade.net/cabal-joystick-sub-board-reproduction/

• PAL duplication or PAL to GAL

caius - - User's Repair Logs

It's better that you send the only chips so you can test the recreations.Contact me in PM, please.

• PAL duplication or PAL to GAL

caius - - User's Repair Logs

The PAL is likely secured hence you can read it straight in a programmer but you need to brute-force it.What kind of device is?Is it a PALCE16V8?We on JAMMArcade don't have dumps from XESS or Hyper Pacman.We would need the chips in order to reproduce them.

• Some years ago I sent EETools a message and they fixed the bug in the software of my ChipMax2.Before the fix they totally messed up support for 1Mbit non-JEDEC EPROM devices.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “you're right I was confusing 4100 and 4001 ” No problem.I found that also programmer manufacturers like EETools made a lot of confusion among JEDEC and non-JEDEC device like 27C1000 and 27C1001.This is because some devices have been called with same name but different pinout.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “27c4001 is a 40pin equivalent to 27c400 ” Wrong this too.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “27c4000 is a 32pin equivalent to 27c020 ” Double wrong.Macronix MX27C4000 is equivalent to 27C040 (32 pin 4Mbit JEDEC EPROM) but Hitachi HN27C4000G is same of 27C400 so 40 pin 4Mbit EPROM device with MASK ROM pinout.Always best thing to read datasheets before

• I respected the schematics as posted by the author and used a 6.8K resistor as R1.