Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 429.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Home Arcade System

aha2940 - - RGB's lab

Quote from mathewbeall: “Howdy @RGB - I got my HAS tonight - all hooked up and works great so far! I need to order a DB15-RGBs bnc cable, but i hacked it all together for now and works well. Not quite HAS related - but I tried to hook up my new meanwell RT-125A power supply at the same time to get everything dialed in, and the power supply just kept cycling - green light on the PS on and then off, and there is a slight noise as it cycles. It is set to 115V... any idea? i suppose something could …

• Quote from SmokeMonster: “I've updated the BASE pack with the CPS1/1.5 conversions. ” Thanks for the work! Do the conversions work on an old CPS2 kit that does not support encryption?

• Quote from Darksoft: “ FIRMWARE ... * In AES Mode menu, saves the settings to microSD. ” I really wish this feature was present on the MVS firmware too. Or even better: an option to use the backup memory or save to the microSD. As it is now, the cart is a pain to use since MV-1C wastes the batteries really fast.

• Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “Quote from aha2940: “Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “Quote from aha2940: “Quote from Yami: “Hi everyone, I'm searching for a reliable programmer of M27C800 and M27C322 that possibly works on Windows 10 (x64) and I'm considering the TOP 3000... it's still valid today? Thank you ” I have one, it has worked reliably for whatever I've needed, however I read there is a new version: TOP 3100, however no idea if that's the most recent version, though. ” It's definitely not recent, found…

• Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “Quote from aha2940: “Quote from Yami: “Hi everyone, I'm searching for a reliable programmer of M27C800 and M27C322 that possibly works on Windows 10 (x64) and I'm considering the TOP 3000... it's still valid today? Thank you ” I have one, it has worked reliably for whatever I've needed, however I read there is a new version: TOP 3100, however no idea if that's the most recent version, though. ” It's definitely not recent, found a (rather useless) video on it dating back f…

• Quote from PascalP: “I think that is just the way MVS hardware behaves compared to AES hardware ” Sorry Pascal, but I disagree. If we are talking about how the MVS hardware behaves compared to the AES, then the AES should not even save, as it does not have hardware for that (other than the memory card, but the cart seems not to use that). So I still think the MVS cart should save the same as the AES one: on the microsd. Forget about the backup RAM, nobody has cared about that in like ever, why s…

• Quote from Walker8330: “Quote from aha2940: “Quote from Darksoft: “Settings are also save in MVS, but in the backup RAM. ” I know that, however not all of us have working batteries on our MVS boards because the UniBIOS saves the scores to the memory card, therefore having the MVS cart saving its settings (and potentially more) to the microsd would be useful for us too. ” but this can be fixed with a simple battery mod I do them all the time ” Yes, but you are missing the point. My point is: why …

• Quote from Darksoft: “Settings are also save in MVS, but in the backup RAM. ” I know that, however not all of us have working batteries on our MVS boards because the UniBIOS saves the scores to the memory card, therefore having the MVS cart saving its settings (and potentially more) to the microsd would be useful for us too.

• Quote from Darksoft: “First post updated with latest instructions for the multi. ” I checked the changelog and it looks interesting, however: why only AES users can save settings to the microSD? it would be a great feature on the MVS cart too.

• Quote from Darksoft: “first post updated with latest menu and firmware. ” Good, nice to see this cart getting updated. Where can we see the changelog?

• Quote from Yami: “Hi everyone, I'm searching for a reliable programmer of M27C800 and M27C322 that possibly works on Windows 10 (x64) and I'm considering the TOP 3000... it's still valid today? Thank you ” I have one, it has worked reliably for whatever I've needed, however I read there is a new version: TOP 3100, however no idea if that's the most recent version, though.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Everyone please check 1st post. Both menu and Firmware have been updated. Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions ” Tried to update again, because this line gave me hope: * Fixed and error where If the flash memory on the MVS board is empty or has incorrect data describing the FPGA configuration, it was not possible to upload a new FPGA configuration and use the basic MVS functionality (NEW in this version) However it still does not work. I'll be packing …

• Quote from archimage: “@aha2940 what OS are you using on your computer ? how do you format the sd card ? how is your folders structure ? have you considered to redownload the top file again to your computer before copying it to the sd ? ” I'm running Windows 7 SP1, I format it with the standard "format" option on Windows, FAT32 filesystem. The folder structure is just two directories on the microSD: "games" and "update". Inside "games", there are many directories, one per game (including the men…

• Quote from Darksoft: “I don't think that battery is the problem. Your cart seems to be defective then. ” Just what I was afraid. Well, if there's nothing left to test, then I guess I'll be sending the cart to Mitsu. @Mitsurugi-w: Please let me know what should I do now. Thanks!

• Quote from Darksoft: “That's very weird. The part of the code updating the top file is in the flash.img, so it's nothing to do with the bootloader. I can only think of a bad top file that the flash.img doesnt allow to update. Either that or there is a problem with your cartridge that doesnt allow the update to be made. Can you roll back a couple of firmwares before. Use this one for example: mediafire.com/file/br5i2zdv5fqfzii/Firmware_20181203.7z/file ” Thanks DS, just tried with the firmware in…

• Quote from Darksoft: “@aha2940 did you try to power cycle again and see if this time top file alone disappears? ” Not this time, but I've tried getting the top file on the microsd many times, it has never been erased.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Did you try to update both? If the flash.img was deleted, then what happens if you try only the top.img after a successful flash.img update? Still cross-hatch? After a flash.img, the console should reset. Is that what happens? ” Thanks for the reply, DS. I did try updating both at the same time (put both files inside the \update directory) and it went as follows: after powering the MVS board on, the monitor displayed a light blue screen for some seconds, then crosshatch. No…

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from aha2940: “OK, so I got a Samsung 32GB microSD, I searched online and followed the instructions here: instructables.com/id/How-to-Id…sung-Micro-SD-Memory-Car/ to make sure it's original (and it really seems to be!), prepared it with basic package, created the update directory, put the "top" file in the update folder, microsd on the cart, turned the MVS board on, crosshatch comes on the screen, waited like 5 minutes on crosshatch, then took the microsd out, examine…

• Quote from aha2940: “Hey guys So, I had a little free time tonight and decided to try again to get this working. So I did this: 1. Got the latest firmware (flash.img and top files) from the first post here. 2. Got the latest menu from the same post. 3. Grabbed the Darksoft Neo Geo Base Pack 2018-04-02 4. Installed Windows 7 SP1 on a laptop I have available. 5. Formated a kingston 32GB microsd card using the Win7 laptop. 6. Uncompressed the neogeo base pack on the microsd 7. Deleted the \update d…

• Quote from PascalP: “Not my preference, but Kingston works fine for me, was even included with the MVS multi by saveyourgames. Otherwise I prefer Samsung Evo or Sandisk Ultra ” I agree Pascal, but the kingston had worked fine on my cart too since I got it. The big issue is that getting genuine Samsung cards around here is nearly impossible. Almost all are fake chinese crap, and since crap are sold at the same price as originals, it's a shoot in the dark. Quote from jassin000: “Quote from Walker8…