Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 80.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I just found out that the HOD4 guns don't have recoil so I wasted my money. I only bought it because I thought it would be a ready made recoil gun that would plug straight into the I/O with minimal fuss.... I guess I should have done better research. HOD Crimson Dawn has recoil so I assumed HOD4 would too. now I've made an ass of myself and some guy called sumption... Is it just me or does Sega charge a ridiculous amount for very average parts? $900 for a photo diode in a plastic box.... Namco a…

• Quote from nem: “Your 3rd pic is the just the 2nd pic again. ” Thanks, I changed it to the correct one.

• I just bought a bunch of parts to use a Sega arcade gun and I'm struggling to see how the monitor sensors and gun connect to the I/o board. The gun ports on the I/O look like this: 20191116-171636.jpg And this is the port for the monitor sensors: 20191116-171721-1.jpg But... The harness end on my House of the Dead 4 arcade gun looks like this: 20191116-171911.jpg And the cable from the monitor sensors looks like this: 20191116-172137.jpg The HOD4 gun listing was described as complete but am I mi…

• That game used a positional gun which is just an analog joystick under the hood. If you have the I/O board then you should be able to use any positional arcade gun. It's just 3 wires per axis and two for each button.

• I already use analog guns with mame and they work very well once they have been calibrated in Windows. I've never had much luck getting any sort of accuracy with light guns or IR guns that act as a mouse. Either way, if they don't provide accurate positional data when used as analog devices, they won't be any more accurate as a mouse... Windows offers no calibration options for a mouse. I only plan to use these Sega guns for games that used them in the arcade like house of the dead 4. I have lig…

• Time Crisis recoil guns use a solenoid, not a motor. There is no guarantee that it's the same psu. motors usually have a name plate which states a nominal rated voltage and amps. Check that first.

• I've been busy buying up the parts I need to use Sega arcade IR guns on a Windows PC and I wanted to ask if I have missed anything? So far I have: - An IC gun sense I/O board - 12 monitor gun sensors with connecting wires - A gun protect pcb - A complete working House of the Dead 4 arcade gun (the red Uzi) - A gun sensor plus a gun harness to make a second recoil gun - An Apac to connect the X and Y axis output from the I/O board to the Windows PC - 50 feet of shielded cable Is there anything el…

• OK that's good info to know. It should mean I have two spares to start with which can't be bad.

• I managed to get a working set of 12 from a Jurassic Park cab for $150 delivered. hopefully they'll work with a Ghost Squad I/O board. I know that games with larger screens use 12 led boards and others with smaller monitors use 10 but I'm not sure if you can use 12 sensors with an I/O from a 10 sensor game or how you are meant to tell how many an I/O board needs.

• I don't think he has any interest in repairing stuff. His business is buying and selling only. He has a lot of listings on ebay and his prices are almost always outrageous and well above other sellers. I'm amazed he ever sells anything. Most of his listings sit there unsold for years with no thought of ever reducing prices. It ain't 1995 any more. Most the commercial arcades are gone. It's mostly for enthusiasts like us now and we're probably not going to pay $150 for a broken Time Crisis gun. A…

• That listing states that they are "untested" and that same seller has other sets for $300 that are listed as "working". I have trust issues. If he has the means to test one set, then why not that one? Especially if it means doubling the price.... I read all listings that state "untested" to mean broken. This applies x10 to sellers who state "no returns for any reason". Anyway, now that I know what a fair price is, I'll ask at my (last) local arcade to see if they'll sell me a set. They have an o…

• I get that, for various reasons, it is too difficult for us here to make a diy version. I just thought there would be some Chinese aftermarket ones by now. They seem to be able to copy everything else (including the gun sensors). As a practical matter, I'm not sure how proprietary a wavelength could be. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing one could patent. What would be a good (or fair) price for a set of working ir monitor sense boards?

• OK thanks. I'm surprised that nobody figured out how to make cheaper aftermarket replacements for those OMZ led boards. They are used in a lot of Sega games and have been for decades. They cost silly money for what they are. It seems like the sort of thing that someone would have a Kickstarter project for. Oh well, I guess I'll have to continue watching ebay to see if any deals come up. It stops being worth it for a home project once you get above a certain price.

• Both Sega and Raw Thrills guns have the camera (that some call a sensor) in the gun and led boards (which some people also confusingly call sensors) around the monitor. I am asking about the monitor led boards - the ones where you mount 10 or 12 of them around the screen bezel. Like these: betsonparts.com/amusement-rede…n-super-deluxe-games.html I can't find a set of Sega led's for less than $200 or $150 if I am prepared to take a risk on one of those "untested" ebay lots. I can get a full set o…

• Does anyone here know if it's possible to use Raw Thrills IR monitor sensor boards with a Sega IR gun I/O board? Or is there something special about the Sega brand gun sense IR boards that makes them unique (in terms of compatibility with their gun I/O)? I am looking to buy a set of monitor sensors for a project and the Raw Thrills ones cost a fraction of the Sega ones. I would just use a Raw Thrills I/O board but they cost a lot more than the Sega gun boards. If the Raw Thrills monitor sensors …

• Quote from redorlando101: “Quote from Zebra: “I know this system is based on the PS3. Have you tried any of the regular PS3 peripherals on the 357 to see if they work? I was wondering if it would be possible to use a Razing Storm arcade gun to play the game on a regular PS3 instead of the Guncon3 or move. Do the I /O boards all connect via a regular USB port or does it use something custom? ” I tried a PS3 controller and got no luck. If I had anything else I'd try it. ” What about the other way …

• I know this system is based on the PS3. Have you tried any of the regular PS3 peripherals on the 357 to see if they work? I was wondering if it would be possible to use a Razing Storm arcade gun to play the game on a regular PS3 instead of the Guncon3 or move. Do the I /O boards all connect via a regular USB port or does it use something custom?

• Quote from jassin000: “Quote from DecepticonZero: “This thread quickly got turned into a "what's your favorite PS2 game" thread. ” While its true I was originally seeking more off beat titles I might have missed back in the day...Filling my 128GB microSD has been a challenge, so really any suggestion at this point is a good one. I am interested in checking out this "HD lightgun" thingie now... ” My view is that it's better to focus on filling 128gb with quality games and not worry if they are ob…

• Quote from DecepticonZero: “None of them are exactly "hidden gems" either. ” They are as much a "Hidden gem" as any other ps2 game mentioned. This is the internet age when you can download any PS2 game from sites that rate each one for you. There are literally millions of "best PS2 games" lists online and countless YouTube videos showing people's top 50 ps2 games ever etc. If we interpret the question as only meaning PS2 games that are hard to find and that most people don't know about then you …

• Quote from jassin000: “@Zebra my issue with the "light gun" games is I use the OSSC+LG B6 OLED. No light gun support possible with that type of setup. Light guns are only for CRT users. ” That's why I said to use an EMS top gun. It's a light gun for the PS2 (and PC) which is compatible with HD flat screens and all PS2 and PS1 light gun games. I haven't tried the EMS Topgun 3 personally but they look accurate enough on YouTube. Probably better than most 3rd party light guns on a crt. You can also…