Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 96.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame.

kazuo - - Taito Type X

Buy a 7900GS off ebay and flash it, using the instructions in another thread in this same subforum. I don't know that the CPU matters too much, but I could be wrong. Niko probably knows better than I would.

• Surely Ronnie knows someone that can get Hursit access to a real cab.

• Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from nem: “Yaton sent me a pic of these. He has 140 units in total I'll wait for the eventual fire sale. ” Fr sure. Im alos not a 100% these are NOS either, they are most likely refurbs/conversions by taito to be TTX+ from the original TTX. ” So they are NOR? Also, I think TGM3 does work on the TX2 multi with some hacking... but it's buggy as hell so forget playing it seriously.

• TTX2 with Capcom JVS IO

kazuo - - Taito Type X

Never even seen a TTX2 with that GPU or CPU. What game are you booting off that thing? A multi?

• A lot of people weren't doing proper voltage translation before Rene blew it up... also worth noting that more than a few of Krikzz's products, at that time, were in fact properly handling 3.3V. Looks like this still won't work on a CDX, though.

• TTX2 with Capcom JVS IO

kazuo - - Taito Type X

Capcom I/O works fine with the TTX2. Hard to debug if we don't have more info surrounding your setup: - What kind of cabinet? - What model TTX2? Check the white sticker on top of the case - Is the JAMMA edge outputting enough power? Check with a DMM. - Stupid question - are you plugging the USB cable in the right port? I'm going to guess yes, since the SEGA adapter works, but... - What is the exact issue you are seeing? Is the board not recognized? Is the system refusing to boot at all? Somethin…

• Isn't UNIST digital/download only? Would be nice to see a comprehensive list of what's available on optical media+keychip vs download-only.

kazuo - - Taito Type X

Quote from atrfate: “Quote from kazuo: “Error indicates the dump you're using doesn't have the NESiCA checks patched out. ” There are no such checks, all likely good its lack of a txac key. ” Noted. The error messages are saying NESiCA is offline, so I figured it wasn't much of a stretch to guess that it was likely the cause, but I guess I am wrong! Quote from xkoylk: “Will p4u require a higher graphics card, such as 512m ” No, all of these games use the same old 256MB 7900GS. Upgrading the GPU …

kazuo - - Taito Type X

Error indicates the dump you're using doesn't have the NESiCA checks patched out.

• Motherboard is dead

kazuo - - Taito Type X

It's possible its the caps, but unless you have the time and the right tools, not worth it IMO. You can buy working boards for a few hundred. You can look up what the BIOS beeps mean via a Google search, but most likely it's not going to be something you can solve with hardware swapping. To be clear, did you try again with a known working GPU with the correct ELSA BIOS?

• A Freeware Taito TypeX Multigame

kazuo - - Taito Type X

The errors specifically say it's a memory read error. Could be a problem with the motherboard if you have confirmed working memory modules. Does the board run original, encrypted drives without a problem? Can you try a to write a clean decrypted image to a known working drive and see if that runs without issue?

• Is it possible to publicly share a spreadsheet with the preorder list, so people can look themselves up? Might save you the trouble of having to confirm if people are/aren't on the list. Might also be worth setting up a Google form so people can add themselves to further save you the trouble of adding people who aren't yet on it. Just a thought!

• Thanks @Derick2k! I'll probably log this on the AO Wiki with credit to you at some point. Quote from yuro: “Where can one buy a kick harness for this? Or even the connector plus pins for DIYers. ” That was literally going to be my next question... I suspect it's a JST NH (?), and you'll probably need some fancy crimpers for the pins...

• Anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Specifically, the 14 (?) pin white connector on the bottom right. Guessing that's the aux/kick harness for buttons 5 & 6. Diagram for the whole damn thing is fine, too. Appreciate any help! iu

• I think @Hatsune Mike 's proposal of patching the original game is the best approach. Trying to reverse-engineer 30th at this point, given what we know (on-the-fly patching/code injection probably happening) doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given that the use case is to use a patched ROM on original hardware.

• Sounds like the move to Andorra might end up costing them more in the end. Should've stayed in Spain!

• Universal JAMMA versus kit

kazuo - - Project Showcase

This looks awesome. I already have a pair of River Service VS harnesses, but I feel like these may be easier to deal with, particularly when using flat ethernet cables. Nice work!

kazuo - - Taito Type X

And he will need to clone the EDID of the Vewlix monitors or find some other way to bypass that check - maybe it's also a simple .ini edit?

• I also thought about that, but I figured, "Surely, Terraonion would've already tried this!"

• The appeal of the device (Mega SD) is I don't have to deal with stupid, flaky CD attachments anymore. Yes, it's an FPGA recreation/simulation, and, yes, I realize it's the same core being used in a MISTer... but I don't have a MISTer, maybe I don't have interest in a MISTer, or I can't be bothered to get a MISTer, and this makes more sense to me as a plug-and-play solution. Am I buying it? It doesn't work with the CDX, so that's a deal-killer to me. I'd rather have an ODE anyway. That said, I do…