Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just tried the vga hat, too. Works great!

• J39DYK8_d.jpg Arrived today! Very slick, and quite plug-and-play if there is such a thing in the arcade world. Only thing I have to get used to is where the buttons map up! This should help... Uhm0cct_d.jpg

• Quote from UMKShock: “According to Arturo that is on a standard Acer. He did a lot of trial and error but I think as long as I'm just doing LCDs this will be fine. ” well, you really won’t. Grab the model number of the acer and look it up. It probably supports gsync or freesync, or has very wide tolerance for sync signal for an lcd. I’m just reinforcing this since you don’t wanna show up to an event and plug it into an untested lcd and not have it work. The MK pcbs + ossc will not work out of th…

• Quote from UMKShock: “Quote from ekorz: “What's Arturo's magic? ” twitter.com/nycfurby/status/1023253318427193344 ” That'll get you a good scaled image, but not effect the sync rate in any way. In other words, run that into a BenQ freesync monitor and you're golden. But a normal everyday LCD will not be able to sync with it still.

• Quote from UMKShock: “I'm very much aware of the issues with MK's refresh rate and sync issues when trying to output to a normal video destination, and have worked with Arturo at BVG to resolve this. He has the proper timings for the OSSC, which is what I would use to convert the signal to HDMI and split from there ” What's Arturo's magic? OSSC timings are not the full story. Getting it to HDMI to split for streaming is one part, but whoever is playing still needs the monitor working as close-to…

• Welcome! Sounds like a fun project. Just a few free-form thoughts, take 'em or leave 'em. What's your video desire? MK's run at awfully difficult resolutions. MAME just showed me UMK3 does 400x254 at 54.706840hz. That's not great for scaling, and lousy for most LCD's to try to lock onto. You'll need to solve this by either a) using a CRT, b) being very careful to select a tested LCD, or c) stabilizing the image to 60hz using a number of options. UMK3 is not a small pcb, so saving space with a sm…

• Quote from Darksoft: “for MVS all issues including the REDSCREEN should be fixed now. ” Everything is looking good for my previously-troublesome MV1C and Unibios 3.3. No red screen on KOF98, Pulstar, or MS3. (I'm also not getting that weird write-address error anymore on KOF98, though that really was probably a bad pin contact on my MVS). The only 'quirks' still present are 1) upon first boot, the unibios logo does not render immediately, and 2) there are visible lines drawn on-screen with an mv…

• Form Organization and layout.

ekorz - - Forum News

It looks like some topics are nested, e.g. Sega Hardware is a topic with all the sega systems as sub-topics. This seems cool but I do see a button to create a new thread myself at that sub-topic-level, which seems bad. Here’s one I made (feel free to delete) that is in the middle sort of limbo on this topic now: Sega Hardware Support Thread: Test thread

• Test thread

ekorz - - Sega Hardware Support

Seems legit

• 2x Red!

• Escarioth's Aluminum Cases

ekorz - - Project Showcase

Just dropping in to say I’d buy a cps1 with a multi label design, if that’s happening. Also looking forward to seeing your KI or KI2 versions. Those midway boards make awful noises when I move them around so having them mounted seems like a good idea.

• If you look at the files on the sd card you’ll see a KEY file in every folder. You should anyway! If you look at the contents you’ll see the hacks and avalaunch just have 16 blank bytes rather than an actual key. So it’s normal for the multi to say it’s writing the key, it’s just writing a blank key.

• Well I guess I’m interested then too...

• Quote from Derick2k: “We are gonna need a G1 harness selector for all these nice addons you are creating ” Ha there's an idea! someone figure out how I can fit RFID, JVS IO, Fast IO, extra buttons, and this thing all in my CP with selector switches

• hi everyone

ekorz - - Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! Clearly you're here for @'MetalliC''s brain: House of the Dead 2 working on Regular Naomi! but it should be said that there's quite a lot of other incredible stuff around here. we have a lot more brains for you if you poke around.

• Cannot vouch for quality, nor fit for the forked terminals... I make my own. But it could be fine? parts-express.com/ac-power-cor…0kuggLEAQYESABEgKImvD_BwE

• I do not think there is a decrypted rom set for that rom board that plays golden axe Japan revision. The only Japan rev I know of that’s decrypted plays on 171-5704. In any case it would be the program roms ic1 and ic2, but I think that board only plays world and two USA revisions.

• Quote from mathewbeall: “@rewrite you lucky SOB - you are #2 on the list! ” **YAWN**

• I like the kind with a speaker on them. Got one of these for $17 on sale a few years ago (610b model but this looks similar). It’s preference though, the $10 is functionally the same thing, it just doesn’t make noise. amazon.com/dp/B00C7T2GH2/ref=c…_cp_awdb_t1_2MVVDbDGKZJSK

• For context, I’ve been fiddling with boards for a few years though I’m no master yet. Honestly I bought an oscilloscope 6 months ago and haven’t had to plug it in yet. In the meantime I’ve fixed several boards though! So far everything has been solvable with a multimeter, $20 logic probe, soldering iron, some wire, an eprom programmer and whatever components I need for the fix. Also a very healthy respect for the MAME repo in github, and lots of data sheet googling. I am excited to plug in my sc…