Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Finally tried the SCSI2SD v5.0b adapter yesterday and it worked immediately on the first try (which is a rarity in the arcade hobby) without having to rewrite the CPSIII as I am using the same image as was on my CD-ROM. I had picked up a short SCSI cable, so now I'll just work on mounting this more securely. Devices like this and the infinikey make owning Capcom hardware much more relaxing.

• Also, using a large 32GB SD card should be ok, is that correct?

• Hi, a friend is receiving the following symptoms after attempting to install his CPS2 multi kit. He says the Darksoft kit is clearly coming on (he gets the green light on the board) and the SD card is reading (he can actually scan through the roms on the SD Cart and get a game to flash into the memory. He just cannot get anything to display on the screen. The screen is completely grey and he can't get it to coin up or make any noise either. As soon as he puts in a known working B Board back on t…

• Thanks everyone, I've ordered a v5.0b. Quantity is down to three left I see now.

• Per SNK-NEO-GEO, just waiting to see if anyone has experience using this red one v5.0b: store.inertialcomputing.com/pr…p/scsi2sd-v5.0b-molex.htm Thanks

• Is this style of red SCSI2SD adapter shown in the photo below also recommended and does it work well? It perhaps looks to be a v5.0b and is available for $65 shipping from California on this website: store.inertialcomputing.com/pr…p/scsi2sd-v5.0b-molex.htm attachment.php

• Quote from SNK-NEO-GEO: “Hey you PM me on this.. if you are able to pay the same cost as the site, I can ship you mine and lower the cost of the CPS3 kit to reflect that price.. my is new, I never used it, was too lazy to create the SD ISO thing for it.. Note - those scsi2sd card comes with a small iscsi cable like the one attached to the CD-ROM in my picture, you will have to used the original iscsi cable from the CDrom since they are longer. ” PM sent

• Quote from BlinG: “Yes that version works. It's version 5.1 that has issues with the CPS3. Just be aware that I've ordered from that site before and It took almost 2 months to get the product due to Customs withholding it here in the USA. ” Ok, thanks, is there a USA based supplier of this? I didn't realize it was outside the USA. I'm thinking I should get a SCSI2SD adapter for long term use. I had one CD-ROM drive stop working.

• Just wondering if anyone had experience with this model, or if this is the one people are using: itead.cc/scsi2sd.html Thanks

• Who currently takes on desuicide or phoenix repair at this time? This CPS2 board had a leaked battery, that I just removed and cleaned the area thoroughly with white vinegar. It cleaned up well but looks like the following need to be replaced 1) LS245 chips at locations 10L and 10M 2) 10uf 25v capacitor at CC1 3) small part at D5 4) small part at CX Thanks for repair suggestions.

• I've always liked the music arrangement on the 3DO version of Super Turbo. Would it be possible on the CPS2 multi to make a version of ST using the 3DO intro and stage music tracks? Akuma's stage and the intro arrangements are especially top tier.

• Quote from mountainmanjed: “Quote from arcadeaction: “Quote from mountainmanjed: “Random stages gives you the stage based on the last digit of the character select timer. Training Mode makes it where players can't die on most attacks and refills life and meter after combos and can go back to the character select by holding start till the game freezes and let go. Also, does what random stages also. Edit: You might have an old version of the pack if there is no difference between the two ” It woul…

• Quote from mountainmanjed: “Random stages gives you the stage based on the last digit of the character select timer. Training Mode makes it where players can't die on most attacks and refills life and meter after combos and can go back to the character select by holding start till the game freezes and let go. Also, does what random stages also. Edit: You might have an old version of the pack if there is no difference between the two ” It would be great if there was a Training Mode (and Random St…

• Thanks again for this. I got around to updating my SD today and it worked perfect first time. The Super Turbo training and random stage select is great.

• Very cool multi packs. I'll have to pick up an SD card extender to make it easy to swap in an updated card in the CPS2 multi.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Still just three left! ” PM sent

• Quote from SmokeMonster: “Quote from arcadeaction: “Question: On the stereo output, what pin do you use for the other line to both the left and right speaker? I guess it is the ground. I read the page you linked to and understand pin 1 and 4 are used, but didn't see where the other line is coming from. Also, are all 161-1 carts created the same? Or where do you recommend ordering one from? ” Thanks. Yes, I'm using that nice big ground point from the nearby voltage regular for L/R ground. You can…

• Great job! This is exactly what I was looking into doing last night. Question: On the stereo output, what pin do you use for the other line to both the left and right speaker? I guess it is the ground. I read the page you linked to and understand pin 1 and 4 are used, but didn't see where the other line is coming from. Also, are all 161-1 carts created the same? Or where do you recommend ordering one from? Thanks

• Do I need to buy and install a multi bios chip for this? Or is everything I need already included in my multi kit to run multi bios? I didn't quite understand. Also, how do I enable the multi bios? Thanks

• These are really great, best thing is they give support to the buttons so breaking them is much less of a concern.