Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It can be done, all ROMs need to be replaced and the object ROMs need to be replaced with 64Mbit EEPROMs to fit the required data. Those are 3.3v so will need a regulator.

• That's right, if you've found the decrypted ROMs it's the same process as CPS2. Just replace the main program ROMs that are encrypted and replace the 68k with a standard one

• Because he's going to love hundreds of people emailing him when he adds a new FW feature...

• Quote from ]YaZ[: “So ! I cleaned all the modules, reconfigured the reader to ID 0 (downgraded firmware to 4.6) and it worked. Well, no more "not enough memory" message. So it reads the sd, and I get to Region Select screen of Third Strike. Then I'm stuck because I got no button that's working... So it has to do with the supergun (Smallcab Deluxe 1.6) right? Start is working cuz I can go in the special menu, but same, can't access any options there since not a single god forsaken button will wor…

• Quote from djsheep: “ - I wanted to make sure I have the lastest version. - Something didn't work right after installation. - I had problems with my SD card that works OK in other device(s). - Games kept crashing and my console reboots on its own. These are NOT valid reasons to update the FW. Especially not if you have power supply issues, SD card issues, or have made installation errors. Plus, too many people just can't follow simple instructions. If step 1 says to rename the file first, and th…

• What number is written on your encrypted CPU? I think it's only regional differences on S18 but just in case make sure you get the matching set.

• Troubleshooting information in case anyone is looking for this information. I have metered out the locations from the 62256 SRAM to the custom PGA - I was thinking one of these traces might have been bad. These locations assume that you are looking at the underside of the board with the JAMMA edge facing left, SRAMs are above the PGA. I have named the locations as Row.Pin to make it easier to keep track - all row numbers are horizontal rows. For example, 1.2 is the top row, second pin, 2.4 is se…

• Hi everyone, I'm getting an error on a Truxton board I've been repairing that's suffered some major damage but it's now at least booting to an error screen. I'm getting an error screen complaining of a lookup error at 01447FF which from looking at the MAME driver I can see is the upper boundary for the background pallette RAM. There are 7 different sets of RAM on this board, so I'm trying to identify which is which. 6264 x 5 (Underneath ROMs 1-4 - maybe sprites?) 6116 x 2 (Above SCU - colour out…

• I did a Cybattler repair with similar damage to a surface mount custom. It happens from other boards smashing into the pins due to bad storage/transport A quick reflow of the pins with some good flux fixed that board perfectly for what it's worth

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from xodaraP: “I guess your best option is to follow the picture above. I don't think those who can do this are going to release the information publicly. ” I wouldn't mind sharing the info but I don't have a Gunforce board handy to give proper details.It shouldn't be too hard to run wires for the missing address lines though, just by comparing with an other romboard. ” There are additional chips piggybacked on top as well but I'm assuming those are the same type of…

• Quote from ShootTheCore: “Files sent. ” Thank you very much

• Just bought a SWS 97 donor I'm hoping to convert, any chance you still have one of your reproduction boards available @SnakeGrunger ? Also need to get the files if someone has them available

• Quote from -Ace-: “I just thought your comment to him was funny, peace- like anyone could utilize that picture. . . ” It shows you all the connections on the interconnect pins, you can see where most of the wires are going to on the chips. Yes, you're going to have to do some research and trial and error but it's a lot better than starting with nothing at all.

• Quote from -Ace-: “Quote from xodaraP: “I guess your best option is to follow the picture above. ” LOL ” ? Everyone wants the information handed to them, you can always do the work yourself and then document it for others.

• I guess your best option is to follow the picture above. I don't think those who can do this are going to release the information publicly.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from xodaraP: “Indeed. If a Gunforce can be converted into RTL, it can work with the multi. I'm sure @Apocalypse said it was impossible though. Someone is now saying the info came from him? ” Never said it was impossible.However I did say that wasn't easy due to the reason you mentioned earlier: missing address lines so wires have to be used. A bit messy but doable. ” I more meant impossible in the sense that it's not a straightforward conversion and the amount of w…

• You have to use wires because you need to connect the data lines that don't exist on that ROM board - that's why you see the spaghetti on the board above

• The board can't address the space, it's not a case of not enough spaces for EPROMs, it's a case of not enough space can be read

• Quote from Layer33: “To make a M92 convert, you need decrypted sound roms and disabling the jumper near the PPU (or use reencrypted sound roms to work with your PPU), then use the rest of the romset and move the jumpers depending of the roms sizes. ” Gunforce doesn't support enough ROM space to work with games other than Gunforce, which is the reason it's not suitable as a donor.

• Indeed. If a Gunforce can be converted into RTL, it can work with the multi. I'm sure @Apocalypse said it was impossible though. Someone is now saying the info came from him?