Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 894.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Im just going to say that if you want to hook up console controls to your vewlix this is the way to go. These adapters boards makes the process so easy, and not need to make harnesses, etc...

• Did you find out which chip the monitor has? Does it take an alternate rgb input? Or are you hijacking the main input? Can you post some pics of the Pelco MB?

• Polishing a scratched monitor

Derick2k - - Monitor Help

Quote from Hatsune Mike: “I'll recommend getting a spare set of pads, because it's easy to eat through a lot when doing the antistatic layer. Ideally, we can find a better way to get all that off first. ” I wonder if there is a better way to remove that coating/layer, I have a couple of tubes that are basically pristine, with the exception of showing damage to the coating.

• Quote from hursit: “Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from rewrite: “maybe @Derick2k or @Arcade game who I know do have them might be able to assist? ” I can try to do a color match at one of my local bodyshops, @hursit what brand auto paints do you have access to /use so I can compare to what I get locally, I can definitely get you the yellow and green. ” We need powder coat code my friend. Not automotive ” Not a problem, just need to know what you have access to/brands/etc...so I can get you the cod…

• Quote from Kavas: “How about we just import hursit to the North American continent? ” Works for me

• Quote from rewrite: “maybe @Derick2k or @Arcade game who I know do have them might be able to assist? ” I can try to do a color match at one of my local bodyshops, @hursit what brand auto paints do you have access to /use so I can compare to what I get locally, I can definitely get you the yellow and green.

• I’m ok with waiting, and will help you get it as close to 100% as you can.

Quote from Hatsune Mike: “Quote from Derick2k: “Excellent work Mike, sending ya a few tubes But seriously awesome work man. Are you going to try and apply an antistatic coating, etc..? ” Nah, not going to bother - I don't know what I should use, and whether or not I can get the equipment to evenly apply it properly. I've removed it from a tube in the past, and it's caused no problems, and a lot of older '80s monitors simply did not have it to begin with. It's just the mark of a reworked tube! ” …

Forgot to ask, can you write up what gauge sanding pads, polishing compounds, etc you used to get this done, might helps other attempt a restore like you did.

Excellent work Mike, sending ya a few tubes But seriously awesome work man. Are you going to try and apply an antistatic coating, etc..?

• I know @cruzlink2 has done quite a few of these rgb input mods before on different sets, maybe he can get these done for you?! That IC comes in a few variants, so need to check if yours has the one alternate input that can be used, if not, not sure if its only/main rgb input can be used.

• Quote from gunblade: “i am not fixing stuff from far away due to the costs but happy to try to help id the actual problem there is not a lot on those ms9 neck cards, there are safety resistors on each colour the spark gap part number is RA-102M-V6-Y-2, you could probably find an alternative using part or all of that number HV shutdown on ms9 is pretty rare, they shutdown on power up if there are any issues in vertical or horizontal or sync processor circuits ” Found a data sheet info on that clo…

• Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from stj: “they are usually called GDT's (gas discharge tube), how can it smoke unless the glass breaks??? you may want to check the soldering incase that's what's smoking. also they come in voltage ratings - you need to know which one to buy. ” There is a PSA posted about these chassis. I know that my tube is shot as well as another members here and we both had issues with the vacuum tubes/spark gaps/GDT's. From my experience, I definitely saw it smoking. I'll pull…

• Form Organization and layout.

Derick2k - - Forum News

Quote from rewrite: “It's good in theory. It has all the options for narrowing things down that you'd want out of a search, but the actual search engine for the site is awful unfortunately. I'd say you can search for the complaints @twistedsymphony has made about the system, but... ” I don’t think they will show up

Derick2k - - Forum News

Quote from Darksoft: “@Derick2k Can you please elaborate? ” Basically joking a bit with this one. Its just the way the forum software search functions work. I think @twistedsymphony and/or @rewrite made a few comments about this before. But I will try to give you some details when I can brother.

• If anyone has time and can check their neck boards/chassis maybe we can identify the ratings of these GDTs From the pic below you can see some of these have markings. There are modern day equivalents of these. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…b4db8ce4d66281b981dfdf452

Derick2k - - Forum News

I like the changes a lot, now lets find a way to fix the search function

• Quote from MissionFailed: “May I please be put down for 1 as well? Quote from Derick2k: “We are gonna need a G1 harness selector for all these nice addons you are creating ” Quote from ekorz: “someone figure out how I can fit RFID, JVS IO, Fast IO, extra buttons, and this thing all in my CP with selector switches ” 3 of these 4-way-db25-manual-data-switch-a.jpg4-way-db25-manual-data-switch-b.jpg all jokes aside. Would something similar to Misturiugi's CPS kick harness condensers work? Or 7 CPS k…

• Im in a for a pink one, but I also want it to be as close to 100% as possible. At the same time, if not possible to get it 100%, maybe I should just get 3, 1 of each color

• Quote from 8bitforlife: “Not sure I should say so they dont get bombarded. I believe there called spark caps and I was only sent 2 or 3 to fix my chassis that's been to a certain place 3 times. I eventually found out with inspection that one leg was not connected and it shorted my tube. ” If you have a manufacturer or part number that could help.