Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 98.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nanao MS-2931

radiantsvgun - - Monitor Help

Quote from acblunden2: “My buddy might have a few more flybacks. Let me check with him. ” If he has more, lmk. Trying to figure out taobao is like a land mine.

• I'd like to give this a try. Put me down for one.

• Blind Blast City - MS-2931

Quote from rewrite: “Figure around 200 as a real ballpark figure. @amplibax ” Including shipping I’d estimate that being on point.

Quote from amplibax: “How much does a repair from Sharp typically cost for an MS2930/31? ” Depends on what they have to do. I threw in the towel trying to fix mine, I am boxing it up now to send to them.

• Windy 2 Restoration

radiantsvgun - - Project Showcase

yGpt4pwl.jpg Not bad, I am hoping the rest of the plastic will clean and brighten up. Most of the other plastic did- I don't want to repaint any plastic areas as the Windy has a really lustrous shine. The other yellow door I can't access until I pull the crt, but you can see what the doors looked like before.

• Windy 2 Restoration

Quote from Thamiel: “Quote from radiantsvgun: “@Thamiel- yes, sand and paint. My doors were piss yellow- after cleaning and sanding I wiped it down with alcohol and let dry before painting. ” Thanks for the reply mate, did you have much trouble colour matching the slightly metallic paint of the cab or did you just go with a regular white/cream paint? ” Its going to be slightly off due to the cabinet discoloration. I just got home and I’ll get some pics with the doors on.

• Windy 2 Restoration

Sanded by hand- looking into a power tool for something like that now. Doing it by hand sucks.

• Windy 2 Restoration

@Thamiel- yes, sand and paint. My doors were piss yellow- after cleaning and sanding I wiped it down with alcohol and let dry before painting.

• Windy 2 Restoration

Decided to work on the doors while its not raining. Sadly the coin return door can't be removed without getting deep into the cabinet, that is a task for another day. Unfortunately, someone pre painted these door, as under the yellowing is the original paint. KpH33zdl.jpg Looks much better now: dT8SWCml.jpg zrq5hn5l.jpg sLTpnFfl.jpg NRYBlDcl.jpg It will be a few hours before I can put them back on. I also got a pcb mount cut today.

• Windy 2 Restoration

Bump up. I started working on the PSU. The previous owner said it cooked a few Konami jvs to jamma adapters. I found that the 5v and 3.3v were high and those were able to be brought down with the pots, but the 12v was outputting 9. I ordered caps based on my other Windy 2, which turned out to be a mistake. This is a much different revision. N6QhJU9l.jpg Stb0t6rl.jpg Some of the caps were the same, but the big boys were not. I changed what I could and hoped for the best. Powered up and now the 12…

Sharp is hit and miss with some things. They had two of my chassis for 3 months. I had to send them another working spare for them to get the resistor values. They have my Toshiba PB7534 right now, lets see how long that takes- I want them to finish that before I send them this 2931. Edit: They are good on actual repairs. Once of my Sanwa PFX, they brought it back from the dead with a new flyback, HOT and full caps. If you need just a recap, do it yourself or reach out to rewrite. If its a repai…

• Quote from acblunden2: “@djcalle, are you confirming you successfully replaced an MS2930/31/33 tube with a JVC D-series tube? I picked up 2 different Panasonic TV's. Both had the same M68LGL061X tube inside of them. The M68LGL061X won't work for a Blast City due to fitment. So I didn't bother going further with installing a chassis for it. Will check if it is a suitable donor for an MS8 (Astro City) or MS9 (Egret II & New Astro City). If so, will keep in storage for spare. If not, off to the rec…

• Nanao MS8-26SU

Quote from DecepticonZero: “You're gonna wanna discharge that guy again before you reconnect that anode. I speak from experience. ” ^ This. I've gotten some not so nice zaps from those older tubes.

• Okay, chiming in with my work tonight. New flyback, I don’t get the popping noises anymore, but I still get no neck glow. I am thinking when the flyback went it took other parts with it.

• Windy 2 Restoration

Quote from kuze: “Quote from radiantsvgun: “Original keys and locks. ” There was a guy on YAJ selling original Windy 2 keys recently and Yaton has a bunch of locks IIRC. Awesome project, should look great next to your other Windy 2 from the group buy. ” Already have them on the way

• Windy 2 Restoration

Quote from WupWuh: “Was this Windy 2 from an east coast group buy of many moons ago? I realize numbers on monitor bezels are common enough, but the '2' caught my eye. I've got a Windy 2 with a '4' sticker on the bezel in the same color/font. I did a teardown on mine a long time ago and found this site to be helpful. Apologies if it has already been posted, but there is a lot of good information there. Do you happen to have the ever elusive blue marquee? Does it have the Konami JVS to JAMMA adapt…

• Quote from rewrite: “@radiantsvgun I've got a bunch of broken ones to mess with, so hopefully whatever I find should help? Current one clicks on, then when it would normally static up the screen just clicks into shutdown. No pops here. ” I am going to try a new flyback first and try to cap as much as I can. Anything further and I'm lost.

• Windy 2 Restoration

I got this Windy 2 from a buddy of mine. It has been nothing but trouble for him, so I bought it off him and try my hand at it. qu6TUEWl.jpg As you can see, its seen better days. It did not come with the original toshiba chassis, but my friend included a 2931. I already had the chassis from my windy that I replaced with a 2930s, so no big deal. Anyway, I was able to change the flyback on the Toshiba and get it working again. Currently it is out for a full recap courtesy of @rewrite. I spent some…

• Following this. I too am in a similar boat. I have a 2931 that has no neck glow, just makes loud popping noises.

• Nanao 2931 Not Working

Quote from rewrite: “Quote from ebzero89: “My question is more academic as to why exactly a Toshiba chassis from a windy 2 would not work given that the tubes are the same model. ” From a "does it work" standpoint, no real reason they can't. From a practical standpoint: they're prone to dying, and they have parts that are no longer made or available so when they die, they're dead for good. Unlike the 2931 that you could just send off to a repair shop. Plus a dozen-ish or more members here got Wi…