Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 569.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from xodaraP: “Ok so you want the sound ROM for Shinobi from set 5 or 6 (it's now set 6 but was previously 5) which is the factory decrypted version of what you have (set 4) epr-11361.a10 is the ROM you want to burn and install into A10 ” Thanks for clarifying buddy, my EPROM eraser is broken and only have 1 chip so will have to get me a new one first. Will let you know Sorry for polluting your thread @Apocalypse, just wanna get it ready for the multi and make sure it works

• Quote from xodaraP: “No, the ROM number on the main program ROM labels - it'll be EPR-xxxxx ” Currently at work, but what I can read is 11359 and 11360, there is another EPROM but the sticker has been damaged..

• Quote from xodaraP: “You need to use the decrypted set that matches the set on your board. What's the number on your main CPU program ROMs? ” Sorry, the previous pic was very small. k8tiUvQh.jpg

• Quote from ekorz: “Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “@ekorz mentions in this thread (arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…stem-16b-conversion-help/) that he had the alarming sound as well, he's used 27C1000 instead of 27C256 ones, maybe I should give that a try? ” Mine was Altered Beast, and the only reason I tried 27c1000 was because the file was 1mbit... it was either 27c010 or 27c1000 non-jedec. If you're talking about the shinobi audio roms almost all of them are 256kbit, so 27c256 is your only option. What…

• @ekorz mentions in this thread (arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…stem-16b-conversion-help/) that he had the alarming sound as well, he's used 27C1000 instead of 27C256 ones, maybe I should give that a try?

• Okay then I'm not sure where the alarm sound is coming from

• Okay so I got on it straight away, got a 27C256-100 for the sound ROM and it seems it's the JEDEC version while I need the NON-JEDEC one. Does anybody know which pins I have to switch? For the 27C1000 it's pins 2 and 24, unsure about the NON-JEDEC pinout for the 27C256 as it's a 28 pin ROM rather than a 32...

• Quote from xodaraP: “Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “Quote from opt2not: “Quote from brentradio: “I have a Sega 16B Altered Beast pcb for sale here: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…s-sega-16b-altered-beast/ ” Damn that was a nice price! ” I think it's about right, bought a Shinobi with no sound a while ago for about the same price, didn't have any graphics issues however. Still have to check what's up with it though. ” Most likely the encrypted Z80 has suicided and you just need to put on a standard Z80 …

• Quote from opt2not: “Quote from brentradio: “I have a Sega 16B Altered Beast pcb for sale here: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…s-sega-16b-altered-beast/ ” Damn that was a nice price! ” I think it's about right, bought a Shinobi with no sound a while ago for about the same price, didn't have any graphics issues however. Still have to check what's up with it though.

• The features state deleting the buff file is being done automatically after the menu update though: "BUFF File is automatically deleted after every menu update."

• Sure sounds like it to me as well. Another menu update I see, will try it soon again, nice new features

• Quote from PascalP: “Any idea what the difference is between N64 v3 and X7? ” Was wondering the same thing, just bought the v3 and now there's an X7.

• Neo Geo MV-1C issue

Sp33dFr34k - - Neo-Geo MVS and AES

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried loosening it up, but it's stuck pretty good, maybe glued down. Would you advise trying to remove it with hot air? Until now all I did was desolder the legs, but it just doesn't wanna budge.

• True @PascalP, it's a hassle for everybody, but I understand it's an effort to minimise clones. Anyways, found some links to the most recent firmwares if anybody's interested: tgames(dot)fr/tgames/PC/GDEMU_05150000.zip tgames(dot)fr/tgames/PC/RHEA_03090000.zip tgames(dot)fr/tgames/PC/PHOEBE_04000101.zip

• Yes that post, I just got a printscreen from @PascalP which made me a bit nervous. I've saved instructions and managed to find the GDEMU fw file, just looking for the Rhea/Phoebe ones now, for preservation sake.

• I saw a post where he says that a lot of people run into issues while updating the fw, and few people actually update the fw due to issues, just because they want to have the latest one. I'm one of the ppl who falls into the last category. Surely there must be a reason to update the firmware, there have to be improvements. And I want those... According to him there were no serious bugs to begin with, but hell, I'd like to be able to have the option at the very least.

• Does somebody have the Rhea/Phoebe firmware files as Deunan took them offline?

• Quote from ZERO_MILES: “Grave digging a little here... A friend of mine has a pile of Vendetta boards, we were wondering what are "do-able" conversions without having to scavenge custom chips from other pcbs. Any inputs? ” Vendetta is not a bad game, surely you could just sell them off without too much hassle?

• Quote from nem: “Aren't they old cart shells that have been media blasted? ” That is correct, sandblasted OG shells.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “I just updated as well and also have a menu date of October 8th instead of 18. Think it's a mistake. Just tested KOF98 and it works fine for me. Using a 1FZ and Unibios 4.0. ” That's right. It's 8th October. Did you have any issues with writing games or REDscreen or anything? ” Okay, no I didn't run into any issues, flashed about 10 games and all went well and quick, tried a few of the ones posted here like KOF98 and Pulstar, all fine. I had one inst…