Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from ekorz: “Quote from jassin000: “I'm sure Imgburn can do it, but only as a single session disc/raw write (DAO as you said). ” Ok, that's good. It's been maybe decades since I had to write CDs! The image I just burned (using chdman -o file.tao) with imgburn did work, but i was only prompted to load the bin (and didn't see a way to load the toc). I dove into the settings afterwards and it does look like it's on DAO/SAO as the default. ” This was me burning M2 discs from this thread. Looki…

• Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “@ekorz mentions in this thread (arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…stem-16b-conversion-help/) that he had the alarming sound as well, he's used 27C1000 instead of 27C256 ones, maybe I should give that a try? ” Mine was Altered Beast, and the only reason I tried 27c1000 was because the file was 1mbit... it was either 27c010 or 27c1000 non-jedec. If you're talking about the shinobi audio roms almost all of them are 256kbit, so 27c256 is your only option. What rom board are you …

• Rom burning question

ekorz - - General Arcade Tech Help

wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/EPROM 128kb (1mbit=128kbytes) files are going on 27c1001/27c010 or non-jedec 27c1000. But I don't think that board uses non-jedec, so 27c1001/27c010.

• @Darksoft ^^^ maybe time to add CPS2 Multi Key Writing Quick Solder Board - Stop Killing Your Multi Kits as an option in the OP?

• Couple threads on this already: Cleaning boards PCB Washing

• wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/CPS3

• OP. POLYBIUS

@rewrite indeed but he worked doing distribution for Sinneslöschen and was doing play-testing in Oregon in the 80’s. We had already moved here since he was opening the US market for them. Company shut down pretty quick though so he lost his job and didn’t get his personal unit shipped back here until 2000 after I’d left for college and he had more free time again. Sat in a warehouse for a while! The game sucked and failed. Nobody really played it except some kid with the flu, and he threw up on …

• OP. POLYBIUS

It’s just a bad Qix clone honestly, not worth anyone’s time. I dunno what all the fuss is about.

• OP. POLYBIUS

Original baby. My German father imported it when the family left Europe.

• OP. POLYBIUS

I’ve got one in my home arcade, what do you want to know?

• Nice, looks like W27C040 aren’t too expensive on eBay.

• Quote from nem: “For windowless chips, there are also EEPROMs (Electrically Erasable and Programmable Read Only Memory), not just OTPs. ” I’ve never seen EEPROMs any at large sizes worth buying. Too hard to find and too expensive when I find them. 28c series eg 28c040. Got a supplier?

• Well I’d recommend buying EPROMs, the ones listed above. They are windowed and can be erased with UV. When people say “Mask roms” they just mean chips programmed by the manufacturer and are read-only. You can buy the right sizes of OTP (one time programable) chips if you want to have a board like that. They are cool looking, and lighter than EPROMs, but they are way more expensive. You’re buying multiples of each type of chip anyway so buy an extra or two anyway. Example AT27C040 instead of 27c0…

• You have a split rom set. The 4 rom version (jap?) won’t run without the parent rom in the same folder. Basically the other 11 roms are the same between games so they didn’t include them in the zip file. But you better believe your pcb needs em all you need every rom: github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/6…ame/drivers/m92.cpp#L1658

• 27010 is the same pinout. Might have only burned half the file though unless you were actually burning that size chip. Worth setting to 020 and verifying. If it doesn’t verify, there is no need to erase though, since the first half is probably written correctly - just throw it on at 27c020 and write the file again, and it will “write” the first half again and then finish up.

• From what I remember, yes you have to burn a lot of chips. Every rom in the RTL mame file, except for decrypted sound files from apocalypse. I think you need a variety of chips but they’re all supported by top3000. For that one try 27c020 or 27c2001 (no leading ‘m’). edit: @acblunden2 broke it down in that link, use whichever chip based off the RTL file size, not necessarily chip what came off from MT2: - 4x - 27c020 EPROM's (256kb files) - 2x - 27c512 EPROM's (64kb files) - 4x - 27c080 EPROM's …

• How long a run are you talking? It’s not like this lcd screen needs a ton of juice, I think there’s a data sheet (model 1602B2) and it’s still probably easier to avoid a conversion. 14 conductors vs 8 in a cat5 etc. If it’s actually too long a distance you could run the comm conductors but get power nearby from another power source maybe.

• Quote from SurferGuy420: “I'm talking cat5 specifically to be longer than those. I should've made that clear ” How long? Cat5 is just wire too, it’s just cheaper than using hdmi cable which is why people do that over long runs. But ribbon cable is cheap too. why bother converting to cat5 when you could buy ribbon wire? I see 14 conductor at 10m for $12 on amazon. Several folks sell assembled idc cables too just not sure if they have your length.

• highscoresaves.com/long-flat-c…s2-or-taito-multi-f3.html