Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Zebra: “That's not accurate. Lots of full auto arcade shooters have a recoil mechanism ” I didn't say that they don't have them, I said that it shortens the life span using them for that function. Having worked in an arcade in the early 2000s I can tell you that the T2/Revolution X guns solenoid mechanism were broken ALL THE TIME. We'd replace it and it'd be toast again in a matter of weeks. A lot of time we had to disable that functionality because the metal bracket that it would ban…

• Quote from Zebra: “No, it came from a Hod4 cab. The seller was parting out the cab due to a broken monitor (or something). ” I'm talking about the one on ali-express Quote from Zebra: “for some reason, no recoil option was offered for Hod4. ” Simple, recoil mechanisms are for single-shot guns: pistols, shotguns, rifles. HOTD4 is a machine-gun which would be rapid/auto fire, which is why it has a vibration motor instead. trying to rapid fire a recoil mechanism one one of these guys is bit more te…

• chances are the ali one is made for Rambo not HOTD4. Rambo used the same gun (some cabs shipped with HOTD4 style guns, others shipped with Ghost Squad style guns). Rambo didn't use the accelerometer but could be configured to work with either kick-back (like Ghost Squad) or shaker (like HOTD4).

• outside of Ketsui, DDPDOJBL, and Espgaluda none of the PGM games have been patched to allow for conversion.

• a lot of good restoration info can also be found on this KLOV thread: forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=245025 Quote from Wraith: “that honestly looks like injury waiting to happen. ” A big reason these are so rare is because they were nearly all converted to 6-button. Most likely because of player injuries and the pneumatic buttons breaking. Regardless of how hard you NEED to hit the machine, when you tell people: "the harder you hit the button, the harder it hits in game" people are go…

• Quote from Zebra: “Does the pinout for the 9 pin output of the BD gun sense board go from top to bottom or bottom to top in your write-up? ” on the gun sense board pin 1 of every connector is the one closest to the top of the photo.

• interesting, does it have the motion sensor?

• On my Laptop the OperaFS viewer program would instantly blue-screen my PC whenever I tried to view a disc. so I would basically just burn and pop it in the M2 to see if it was good or not :-/

• Quote from yosai: “The site linked to above contains the contents of the arcademodbios GNet disk and includes the conversions. ” pleasuredome has them? because my comment was explicitly about THAT site.

• Quote from Zebra: “how did you know which of the 9 pins on the sensor inside the gun connect to the 7 pin gun input on the BD gun sense board? ” Quote from twistedsymphony: “I've been getting a lot of question about this equipment lately so I finally decided to start condensing this info into a blog post. Part 1 is up covering a high level description of how the system works: solid-orange.com/1611 Part 2 is up covering the LED boards: solid-orange.com/1620 Part 3 is up covering the IR Sensors: s…

• Great Read, thanks for Sharing! I always love learning the stories surrounding obscure gaming hardware.

• Quote from mundy: “Never mind I lopped off the end of the atx and wired directly to female jst connectors using more lines and now everything is working fine and no freezing.. ” that's probably the best way. I see a lot of people adapt ATX to the model 3 PSU connectors, and then go from those to the filterboard. Honestly it's an extra unnecessary step unless you happen to already have the original model 3 PSU to model 3 filterboard harness.

• imgburn doesn't support bin/toc format Quote from ekorz: “"chdman extractcd -I something.chd -o something.toc". ” that's not correct, toc is a type of cue file and needs to be paired with a bin file. ----------- AFAIK CDRDAO is still the only program that can do BIN/TOC format. for Konami M2 disc though apparently the sub-channel data isn't needed so you can get away with BIN/CUE and ignore the warnings that you're losing data in the extract. you need to use Quote: “chdman extractcd -i myinput.c…

• do you have a picture of this 6x3 connector? AFAIK the DSB 2 is all JST NH also, which are only single row connectors

• the jst nh connectors on the model 3 filter board only support up to 22 awg wire, you can't go bigger than that. In general for power I recommend going a's large of gage as the connectors support.

• Quote from ekorz: “using imgburn with DAO/SAO selected ” Imgburn supports it! this is the best news I've heard all day.

• So I recently picked up some Konami M2 hardware and I've been trying to get it working. Some games need a different disc image for 24kHz and 15kHz video modes, I don't have any JAMMA cabs setup for 24kHz and the only discs I have are 24kHz so I've been trying to burn some 15kHz versions from MAME. The discs seem to have a lot of sub-channel data which is lost unless they're extracted from CHD to a BIN/TOC format. and As far as I can tell CDRDAO is the only software that can burn these. I could n…

• glad to hear you got everything up and running!

• Quote from Darksoft: “Done and Done! New section for Namco with 3 Sub-Sections. ” A list of system 3xx threads to move into the new section: System 357A (Tekken 6BR) unable to boot up System 369 Motherboard replacement System 369 in vewlix cab video issue System 357 Tekken 6 BR help System 357 pkg decryption Namco System 357 silent fan mod? Incoming influx of System 357/359/369 Namco 359/369 Tekken 6 System 357 USB Key Error System 357 error message Tekken 7 FR - How to link? A list of ES1/3 thr…

• Quote from jassin000: “I thought it was in MAME? Get a Pleasuredome account... ” why bother with sites with questionable legality when archive.org legally hosts the MAME ROMsets? archive.org/details/messmame ^get the CHDs there then use my program for extraction: Quote from twistedsymphony: “I built my own little drag and drop tool for creating img files from the chds. you're welcome to try it: web-nine.com/files/gnet_chd_to_img.zip take a chd file for a games and drag it onto the chd_to_img.bat…