Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 75.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Neo-Alec: “Quote from digitron: “Quote from GC8TECH: “A REV 14 has a coin cell from factory. So there is no need to mod it. It will never try to charge it. You don't need to use a coin cell battery anyway. Games will still work fine with out it... Free play is just a dip switch setting tooo. T. ” Thanks for the reply. When I use the dip switch for free play it doesn't apply, I still have to set it in the PGM system settings. I have a few PGM MB's and this is the case on all of them. ”…

• Quote from GC8TECH: “A REV 14 has a coin cell from factory. So there is no need to mod it. It will never try to charge it. You don't need to use a coin cell battery anyway. Games will still work fine with out it... Free play is just a dip switch setting tooo. T. ” Thanks for the reply. When I use the dip switch for free play it doesn't apply, I still have to set it in the PGM system settings. I have a few PGM MB's and this is the case on all of them.

• @GC8TECH I noticed my PGM rev. 14 board lost all the system settings. Checked the coin cell and sure enough it's dead. Is there something I need to remove eg. diode or resistor to prevent the PGM from trying to charge the coin cell or something? I can install another coin cell battery but knowing the new coin cell discharged so quickly, I don't want to just put it back in. Thanks Well poop, I think I should be using a rechargeable ML2032. I have CR2032's (non-rechargeable), doh :facepalm

• Outside of conversions, are there any other vertical PGM games?

• Quote from the Goat: “Quote from jassin000: “Quote from theoddtech: “you mean not everyone has an IDC crimper? lol ” IDC crimper? AP user plz... You can use a bench vice if you hold the connector halves straight in the jaws and slowly tighten it. ” Not everyone has a bench vice either. ” Use a dinner plate and the side of your friends head.

• Quote from rewrite: “Got it. I'll recap it anyway. ” Welcome to #TeamReCap =)

• One of my PGM conversion carts was showing garbled graphics. I recapped the cart, cleaned the edge connector, low and behold, the two plastic posts on the case that hold the pcb in place had a ton of play and the pcb wasn't seating well (note to self: start with the easy stuff first, doh). The pcb would slide back about 1/8th of an inch or so. Had some UHMW Tape laying around and wrapped the posts in the cart case. Maybe this helps someone else with garbled graphics on one of their carts...The c…

• Quote from gromice: “Nice, thanks! The jlf sticks I ordered came with the connectors so I hadn’t thought about adding that. Apparently I need to learn how to use the crimping tool because it isn’t super straightforward. ” I have the same crimping tool, it works well. Just put the quick-connect into the appropriate hole, click down a couple times, the tool will hold the quick-connect in-place, insert your wire, crimp down, good to go. =)

• Quote from acblunden2: “Flash your Radeon card with ATOM-15. Works great. Save your OG BIOS and you can flash it back anytime you like. I use WinFlash and it works fine in Windows. Never had a problem. (EDIT: Interestingly enough, all the issues I've had with ATOM-15 was when I used the DOS version of ATIFlash. WinFlash seems to be much more stable for me. Perhaps the key is a clean install of Windows is needed). All the Radeon cards I've ever flashed are HD7000 series or lower. No need to go hi…

• Quote from thomas3184: “Quote from digitron: “Quote from thomas3184: “Quote from digitron: “Quote from rewrite: “Let's see... Normal locks and keys you can get straight from Taito. ” Slightly off-topic but how are you guys sending money wires to Taito? I used Transferwise and it got bounced back several times. They even emailed me back with a different branch name but it just keeps getting sent back. Transferwise only charges like $5 or $6 vs my bank who charges $50......maybe thats why Transfer…

• Quote from thomas3184: “Quote from digitron: “Quote from rewrite: “Let's see... Normal locks and keys you can get straight from Taito. ” Slightly off-topic but how are you guys sending money wires to Taito? I used Transferwise and it got bounced back several times. They even emailed me back with a different branch name but it just keeps getting sent back. Transferwise only charges like $5 or $6 vs my bank who charges $50......maybe thats why Transferwise is cheap, it doesn't work? lol ” I use ch…

• Quote from rewrite: “Let's see... Normal locks and keys you can get straight from Taito. ” Slightly off-topic but how are you guys sending money wires to Taito? I used Transferwise and it got bounced back several times. They even emailed me back with a different branch name but it just keeps getting sent back. Transferwise only charges like $5 or $6 vs my bank who charges $50......maybe thats why Transferwise is cheap, it doesn't work? lol

• I prefer Arcade1Up Street Fighter Walmart Edition myself =D

• Amp from some old boston ba265 computers speakers, works great through the jpac QUZTYjhl.jpg Curious how your USB AMP turns out @rewrite, if I can find another vga cable that fits through the rear power hole in my Astro, I can keep the PC outside the cab (which I'd prefer) for easy access as I don't keep it connected to the Interwebz. BTW - @acblunden2 thanks for the motivation regarding ATOM-15, I backed up the BIOS and went after it again tonight, it works great. I think the first time I did i…

• Wonder if he's splicing wiring so he can also connect a jamma board or if this setup is exclusively for mame cabbers.

• Quote from acblunden2: “No J-Pac's used and the requisite expense saved. ” Nice, how are you connecting the CP to the Windows machine? UFB's or some controller pcb?

• Quote from Kavas: “Hi, I learned about IGS PGM yesterday after watching some video about these boards on YouTube. I always thought they were some knockoff NeoGeo carts. Didn't realize they were an actual legit system. I understand more or less these boards are for use in 3 games currently? and that they are DIY with a parts list available. I can solder fine and follow directions, however I have never touched any chip programmer nor have access to one. Is it possible to source those chips already…

• Question regarding the JPAC, from their website it says: ultimarc.com/jpac2.html - "There will therefore be a period of time at start-up when the PC will not be providing the correct output for the arcade monitor. The special circuitry on the J-PAC will ensure the monitor does not attempt to operate outside its range." Is that a for sure thing? I'd rather not flash ATOM bios, I had to restore it on another machine last time because my card doesn't like it for some reason. When my windows 7 pc bo…

• Quote from djsheep: “Found some locally at an Electronics Store. But they’re not hard to find if you follow the recommended ohms and wattage. The NAC speaker are a pain in the arse being 4ohm. ” These look to be a good gamble, size is right, 8 ohms, 5 watts more than factory (15w vs 10w) but I think they should be fine. amazon.com/gp/product/B01IN8YI…tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• @djsheep curious if you found a good pair of speakers, I think I'm going to purchase a better pair of 8ohm speakers for my Astro City (not NAC) and forget the amp.