Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 144.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sengoku Basara X is a 246 game so if its compatible, I would imagine your 256 would need to be in 246+ mode in order for it to work, I dont have any personally experience with the game because unfortunately I dont own it.

• Was actually curious who ended up getting these boards, was considering picking one of them up in order to do some linked play with my Planet Harriers board but decided against it when they went above what I would consider spending on what was likely a broken board. I have a working planet harriers system, so if you guys have any questions on the game and how it works, feel free to ask me. Always willing to help anyone get this great game working again.

• I use an adapter to use my Neo Geo CD Controller on my arcade boards. (Basically an extension cable with spliced wires connected to alligator clips) Just wondering, could an adapter such as this possibly be used to connected Sega Saturn Twin Sticks to be used on a Sega Model 2 with Virtual on or a Sega Model 3 with Virtual On OOT? I know the Saturn Twin Sticks are 100% digital and do not use analog like some sticks, I would figure an adapter like this would eliminate the need to modify the twin …

• SpikeOut Schematic

gamemaster14 - - Sega Model 2/3

Took me a good while (I think more than a year after buying "Unknown Sega Arcade Board" which turned out to be Spikeout) to figure out how to hook this crazy game up at home, sadly there was no Spikeout manual or schematics so basically all I could use was some of the other Model 3 DSB2 games manuals and take some from one and some from the other. Funny thing, is since I hook this up to my tv, I use an old sound mixer made for camcorders which has volume sliders making turning down music and up …

• Arcana Heart (2006) and its eventual upgrade Arcana Heart Full! (2007) use a Jamma Pinout with VGA video only (you get no video at all from the Jamma Edge). Unlike JVS games, it does not have composite red and white audio plugs for audio. The only way I have ever hooked up audio is using the mono audio off of the Jamma edge. Does anyone know if there is a way to get stereo audio off of this arcade board or is it mono only?

• Was just wondering if any progress has been made on this? If you needed testers, I would love to get more use out of my 369 board.

• Any clue how many Primal Rage II boards are known to exist?

• I would say Primal Rage 2 on Namco System 246 would be nearly impossible unless the original Playstation backwards compatibility mode could be activated on the ps2 main board that 246 uses. Otherwise the hardwares would simply be too different to convert. I will keep an eye on that G-Net conversion thing as that seams like it may be the only way to run the game without emulation as the original prototype boards are crazy rare. Until then, atleast there is Mame4Rage2. Playing it that way, I have …

• Quote from Morden: “Quote from gamemaster14: “I have a Lindbergh Yellow with a Multi kit. When I run Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown there is a black bar on the top indicating none of the network functions work. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of that black bar? ” The bar is there regardless. If the network connection is working, the icons will change, but the bar will always be there. In other words, it's a feature. ” The only reason I thought it was removable is because, in Virtu…

• Quote from DLX: “Not the ideal setup, but if it works, it works. Last post, going offtopic * Tekken 4 is picky about DVD drives * I had a Tekken 4 version (dongle ver D?!) with every character unlocked ” I have version D as well. Since it was the final revision everything is unlocked on it by default. Sadly unlike Soul Calibur II and III, The only way to change versions on Tekken 4 is by getting a new dongle, for the Soul Calibur games they upgraded via a new disc.

• My guess is that there is no way to remove the black bar as every video I have seen of this game running in an arcade had that bar.

• I find my system runs best off of either my Sun JVS Power Supply from Naomi (With Naomi to 2X6 adapter) or with my 200watt Twisted Quarter power supply that has the 9 pin plugs, either with the harness that came with Tekken Dark Resurrection or my Twisted Quarter Super Jamma Harness (Using the 246 Jamma (B) I/o). Never had a single power problem with either of those configurations.

• I am glad I have stumbled upon this topic now, since I know, if I ever find a Virtual On rom board for my Sega Model 2 (Model 2b, I believe), I should be able to wire up something like the Saturn Converter to use those amazing Saturn Twin Sticks with the real arcade game. Someone on Atariage posted a nice blurb about the proper mappings if anyone plans to use a twin stick with one of these converters: Quote: “ Here's a partial list of Twin Stick control commands: The left stick functions as the …

• I am very curious about that Sega Saturn controller board. Does it only work with JVS stuff or can it work with any arcade games? The reason I was really interested in it, was to get the rom board for Virtual On for the model 2 and using my Saturn Twin Sticks with it, instead of having to find a Von control panel.

• Yeah the bottom board containing the program makes plenty of sense as many of my Namco System 12 boards have a sticker with the program code on the very bottom of the board like SOC4 on my Soul Calibur Export board with Arthur. I would imagine swapping rom boards between different versions of games (Soul Calibur to Soul Calibur for example) may be possible as long as the game does not have data that is too different. It just may cause glitches if data the program wants is not on the swapped rom …

• Quote from winteriscoming: “Yeah, it's the same for 4-8. Export ID4 just has to have specific header data on the card file when compared to the JP versions of all the others, but otherwise protocols are identical and the script seems to be able to handle them all. It just needs a serial cable (null modem variety) and either a native serial port on your computer or a USB serial adapter (which is what I use). ” Ok, so the Serial to USB I use for Naomi should do the trick. I look forward to testing…

• Quote from winteriscoming: “Quote from YaketyYakumo: “The fact that it doesn’t actually check what stage it is until after the card has been initialized makes me wonder if they aren’t just generic off-the-shelf RFID cards under the hood. With legit cards becoming harder to source (especially in small quantities), it might be possible to use generic white off-the-shelf cards, similar to how you can spoof amiibo. Anyone have any experience with this? ” I don't think you'll have much luck with gene…

• I could upload an image of my disc somewhere if you need it. Do you know what version and region yours is. I think my disc had Japanese text on it.

• Every Namco System 246 or 256 game I own, I have created an ISO of for backup, just incase the original disc were to be damaged or destroyed. If your 256 is having problems reading a disc, put that disc in a computer, sometimes a pc dvd drive can read a disc that other drives cant read and you can just make a 1 to 1 copy without problems. Since the Namco Systems use standard pc dvd drives, you can use just about any type of media from DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW or DVD+RW. Using the rewritable discs is…

• Were you able to get sound to work through hdmi or video to work through vga?