Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 52.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Still working on sound, but I have everything routed from the top speakers and or jamma, out to this 2.1 amp which sends it back into the cab and sounds awesome with the bass, I can control the sound per game without having to open the cab up. Still a bit of wire management and clean up needed here.BeZ9Gpq.jpg

• Quote from opt2not: “very nice progress. I’m more into the stock button colours, not so much the lighting enthusiast, but your cab is looking really nice. Pardon my thread skimming, but I didn’t notice you mentioning properly grounding the cab in your resto. As a US resident I highly recommend you crimp a 3-prong power cord to the power entry, and make sure the green wire —earth ground— is attached to the distribution section on the inside of the back panel. From your picture I can barely make o…

• Quote from opt2not: “very nice progress. I’m more into the stock button colours, not so much the lighting enthusiast, but your cab is looking really nice. Pardon my thread skimming, but I didn’t notice you mentioning properly grounding the cab in your resto. As a US resident I highly recommend you crimp a 3-prong power cord to the power entry, and make sure the green wire —earth ground— is attached to the distribution section on the inside of the back panel. From your picture I can barely make o…

• Getting close to end game now Got her about 97% together. Still a few wiring/button things to and need some custom kick harnesses wired, cleaned up and put into sleeves which i plan to do over the next week. But here she is! 101,224 plays on the counter and going strong Pandora is just in for testing till my final setup is in. lhLxE0h.jpg aaJhXD0.jpg Kkak868.jpg movgvEQ.jpg ntQZFCD.jpg QUrOrD9.jpg

• I decided for it based on some other threads here, as the idea was moisture may not leave the inside of caps or other parts fast enough and cause internal corrosion. The oven was set at 170F/81C which is well below what many computers/components top out at at many video cards run at. the warp isnt tooo bad - maybe a few degrees from true. I'd do it again, but use proper hooks next time rather than the hackjob i did. Will see down the road if it still or did work

• Well, it came out well. Sorta. So 1, I have no way of testing it either before the cleaning or after - so no idea if it works. 2. The hook on the back corner of the main board came off while baking and the heat warped the board slightly. Oof. so now it doesn't lay totally flat and I haven't had the time to try and reheat it back into a flat position. I am also worried the bend/warp in the board may have broken connections.

• Quote from Aurich: “I'm curious why you decided to go aftermarket with the control panel with 8 buttons. What games are you planning on running that need that setup? Everything else is looking really clean, nice work. ” So the original was done, lots of rust, play wear - it was original and it seems Alberto makes the best replacements. I went with 8 buttons on each side so I can do different 4 button layouts for neo geo games depending how I'm feeling then have the right buttons for street fight…

• Alrighty then! Cleaned up and now off to the bakers. fA6B63Y.jpg

• Thanks guys, I had read those threads and it blows my mind you can just wash um, then bake um. Wanted to post to be sure Will post an update after I do this.

• Hey boys! Got this PCB for free a few days ago, supposedly it works - but its FILTHY. Whats the best way to clean this thing up to look like new without damaging it? tIY8rNt.jpg

• Quote from mdk: “Quote from FluxChiller: “2. All doors and exterior pieces have been striped, sanded both inside and outside (this almost killed me), scrapes/gouges filled, primed, professional automotive paint sprayed then gel coated inside and out. (all parts color matched to original) ” When sanding the main body back did you expose any of the glass fibre? I didn't think you could apply gel coat onto a painted surface, was it sprayed on once the paint had fully cured? Nice work though! ” The …

• Quote from TritonDrew: “Looking really good! Where did you get those wheels? ” Quote from Mrhide: “Quote from TritonDrew: “Looking really good! Where did you get those wheels? ” THAT ^ ” So yeah about the wheels, pretty cool right? Got tired of looking at those ratted out black stock wheels - so those green wheels are blank skateboard wheels. The size you need to do this is 50mm. But be aware, like almost everything with these cabinets - it's not a standard 1:1 match - stock 50mm skateboard whee…

• new speakers and cabling0u6KKn5.jpg The original speakers are straight up junk - the new speakers are shielded and have a larger driver and magnet. x5vntpi.jpg

• The new top mounted led to replace the original florescent. I have it mounted backwards to reduce the amount of light a bit. HKpEYFN.jpg

• New stickies! ynRn5MX.jpg

• Lower Section Work in progress - still missing a few pieces etc.. EMPKX5w.jpg

• Hot wheelz bJsxTwd.jpg

• Another quick update - did a light test a few weeks back on the control panel - something close to this will be the end result - need some light blocking in some areas. VZm2beQ.jpg zsGDgoA.jpg

• Well, tools - pretty easy. Screw driver, power drill with screw attachment, and socket wrenches. Thats about it plus a ton of sweat equity and plenty of "how do I pull this apart without damaging it". The Marquee section was not really designed to come apart easy.