Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Replacement fan?

Morden - - Taito F3

This is an old thread, but I thought it was worth mentioning that the fan on my F3 has been dead for God knows how many years, and I've never had any issues with it overheating, inside the cab or otherwise. Some people believe CPS2 fan isn't necessary, but it would appear that this really is the case with F3. Sounds like there's a problem with the board itself.

• Quote from Asure: “My cheapo Ebay PGM mobo arrived today (...) Seems the plastic case is really robust, i've never seen one in real life, they look like they will withstand a lot of punishment. ” In that regard, IGS PGM is very similar to Neo Geo, or MV1-FZ to be exact. Although I think the plastic shell on a PGM is even sturdier and thicker. I love the PGM2 as well. It's such an elegant and enclosed system. Just like CPS2! So, why is everyone buying PGMs all of a sudden? Conversions can't be wo…

• Quote from gamemaster14: “I have a Lindbergh Yellow with a Multi kit. When I run Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown there is a black bar on the top indicating none of the network functions work. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of that black bar? ” The bar is there regardless. If the network connection is working, the icons will change, but the bar will always be there. In other words, it's a feature.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “ - 1 on 1 Government (TPS BIOS) - Dead Or Alive ++ (TPS BIOS) - Gallop Racer 2 (TPS BIOS) - Gallop Racer 3 (TPS BIOS) - Logic Pro Adventure (TPS BIOS) - Monster Farm Jump (TPS BIOS) - Shanghai Matekibuyuu (TPS BIOS) - Tecmo World Cup Millennium (TPS BIOS) - Tondemo Crisis (TPS BIOS) ” Out of the titles listed, Dead or Alive and Tondemo Crisis seem to be the best candidates. They're both really good games a vast majority of people would enjoy. Also, Shanghai Matekibuy…

• CPSII Fan Dimmer Switch

Morden - - Capcom's CPS2

Quote from PascalP: “Just replace it with a Papst 612 and be done with it ” +1 That's exactly what I did, and it runs at the noise level of a PS2 now. Decreasing the fan speed is probably a bad idea, anyway. I do know some people run their CPS2 supergun setups with no fans at all, but I wouldn't do that. Especially if it's inside a cabinet.

• D77-20 drive.google.com/file/d/1EPHad…P-Y2GG_U/view?usp=sharing

• Quote from Derick2k: “@Morden Thanks for sharing info on your cart! Also, where did you get those controller storage cases?? Look very cool. ” PudelkaNaKontrolery.jpg They're the packaging for locally produced teacakes. I eat the contents and keep the boxes. They're perfect for 95% of all controllers, some exceptions being the big classic Xbox controller, or the Jaguar gamepad. As for the PAL on the Kirameki board, the only solder sucker I have SUCKS, but not in a good way. Would it be possible …

• Here's the photo of the Kirameki board. I hope the relevant things are legible. drive.google.com/file/d/1UtC-B…ia8WHcyp/view?usp=sharing I don't know if it's in any way relevant, but there are two jumper wires soldered to the bottom of the board. One is connecting pins 1 and 32 of IC51 [E44-21], and the other, really short one, links a leg of the 104 E5Z cap at C152 with pin 15 of ACT157 right under it [IC54]. I had to remove the security sticker to open up the cart, so it's safe to say the boar…

• Quote from rtw: “@Morden can you please snap a hi-res picture of the PCB inside your Kirameki cart, I want to take a look at the mapping done there ?” Sure. I'll do it later today, when I get home. As niche as this game is, I'd love to see it on the multi, if at all possible. As long as it's the full game, anyway. The vast majority of it is quiz questions, but there are mini-games as well, like repeat the input pattern and so on. Good artwork, too. I might be too old for cutesy anime teens now, …

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “From what I have been told Kirameki uses twice as much sound data as every other F3 title. The game can be made to work most likely but half of the audio will be missing if/when it is made available. ” So what you're saying is that even with the protection out of the way, the F3 multi wouldn't be able to handle the game because of its size? Or at least audio's size? Too bad. Kirameki's soundtrack is one of its highlights.

• Going through the titles on the multi, I've noticed that Ultimate Ecology [Eco Fighters JP] is freezing after the initial Warning screen [This game is for use in Japan ... etc]. I haven't tested all of the other regions, but US Eco Fighters appears to work fine. Is it me, or is it the ROM? Literally everything else is working fine.

• Quote from rtw: “Out of the 97 games listed 2 do not work: . scfinals requires a protection fix. . Kirameki Star Road does not work. TAITO stepped up their protection here and added some extra protection to the Ensoniq banks. Feel free to fix this and I will add it to the next version. ” Ah, so this is why Kirameki is missing from the multi set available here. It's a shame. I really like it. So much so, I got the cartridge, but it sure would be nice to have it on the multi, with no need to swap.

• Quote from stj: “yes, i did some more searching. the original machine used japanese mains lamps - so it must have had a driver board that probably used ssr's. it also used a ticket dispenser - i hope that wont stop it running. ” A ticket dispenser? Maybe that's what the VGA-style connectors are for? And don't even joke. If the lack of one will stop the game from running, I'll be furious. Or maybe it's for linking the cabinets? The flyer says up to four machines are linkable. I wonder how that wo…

• Quote from stj: “i dont like speculating, wait till you get it and then see where the wires lead from. what buttons have you got in mind? got a link? i want to see the specs on the lighting. btw, is this in mame? ” The board should be here early next week. I'll check the traces from those wires. I'll take some photos as well. One boot-up should also solve the mystery of inputs. As for the buttons, I was thinking of these. Other sellers have them in sets of 10 for less, but they are the same 12V …

• D-oh! I initially assumed the JAMMA edge wouldn't have enough buttons, because P1 and P2 are in use, and we're left with four buttons per each player, and mixing JAMMA input with additional wires didn't sound like a smart solution, so I figured they just went with the wires for the whole panel, but I didn't think about the directional buttons, which give us more buttons than we need on the JAMMA edge alone. That still leaves us with the wire which has a wire count matching the number of buttons …

• Hello! I have a Monkey Mole Panic board in the mail. It's a whac-a-mole type game, which I always thought was really cute and fun. The problem is, it has a 9 button panel with dome buttons that light up. All I'm getting is the board. I've been trying to find some info on the control panel, but I can't find anything. No manuals, no dip settings, aside from the ones based on MAME. Nothing. I'm not worries about not being able to get the buttons to work, but if possible, I'd like to retain the ligh…

• Quote from SmokeMonster: “I forwarded the missing ROMs from MAME to Darksoft & Mitsu a few months back but never heard back. I don't think they're supported yet. ” So this means they have to go through some process of making them compatible with the multi. I've noticed different naming patterns for the files already present in the pack when compared to MAME ROMs. Too bad. I thought this was more straight-forward. Rom + Multi = ❤.

• I've noticed the pack from this thread is missing Kirameki Star Road. Someone has pointed this out earlier, but got no response. Is there any reason why the game is missing? I know it's a niche title, but I happen to like it. I own the original, but swapping out the multi to play it kind of goes against the purpose of the multi. Do the romsets need to be prepared in some special way to be usable with the multi? Simply placing the unpacked romset for the game in an appropriate folder and creating…

• Quote from Darksoft: “I think you configured the jumpers in the wrong direction. Start from the right side. Both numbers that you wrote are the same but reversed. ” I was checking my DIP settings with the list, and that's when I've noticed that in SmokeMonster's table on first page of this thread, both Choro Q and Critter Crusher have the same setting of 110101. When I took a look inside the LCD game selector file, I saw this: { "Choro Q ", B110101 }, { "Critter Crusher ", B101011 }, All I meant…

• Quote from SmokeMonster: “ * 43 * Critter Crusher * critcrsh * 110101 * 1P * * 53 * ChoroQ * * 110101 * 1P * V1 ” It looks like one of these DIP settings is wrong. Looking at the game selector v3 file, Critter Crusher should be 101011. But wasn't 110101 the DIP setting for Critter, which would make Choro Q wrong?