Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 448.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Darksoft: “I knew that @ShouTime put a lot of money on getting games dumped, but didnt know that so much! ” It is a lot more than what he said in that thread. The ~$40k for the AW project was mostly covered by me. Quote from nem: “You're smart guys, I seriously doubt you would invest time and / or money for absolutely nothing. ” Apparently we're not actually that smart. I've spent a heinous amount of time solving how to dump secured devices as we still have so many unemulated games be…

• Quote from nem: “I think all of the five games that were mentioned have been dumped. ” Correct, all 5 games that had promo materials but were never official released have been dumped. Quote from nem: “Would be interesting to know if this whole "keeping dumps private" has actually panned any trades? ” Absolutely. At least 10 games so far this year. Money doesn't buy rare and desirable games from top tier collectors. Trading is the currency of choice. Quote from MetalliC: “I highly doubt you (or s…

• Quote from Darksoft: “@brizzo do we know who released those fake images? ” Indeed, and they are not fake. Buggy and slow, but not fake. Quote from Dache: “They're not fake, people are certainly playing them and uploading new footage of the two games. The link I saw was on archive.org, so could be hard to track down who it was. ” Kind of a shame people are experiencing them as conversions, they play no where near how they do on the AW. Quote from djsheep: “Keen to play them, but we’re they being …

• Quote from Dreygor: “@Darksoft I was reading that someone released the prototype Atomiswave games for Force Five and Kenju into the wild. I was wondering if you were working on the NetBootable versions of these sir? If you want the link to the games that were posted to Facebook just IM me and I will give you the link that I saw. Thanks! ” Those copies are net boot images, which don't run properly. It is my understanding neither of those games will perform properly on the Naomi without a major am…

• My apologizes on the radio silence. I got home from my last trip for the year on Nov 25, and I've been beyond sick since. I am in really rough shape right now. My plan was to get these done upon returning home and spend all of December working on arcade related projects but that plan went out the window. Overall this has taken way longer than it should have, but life happens. Should have never gone outside my standard practice of doing pre-orders. Would love to give a date but at this point I ca…

• Replied to both of your messages, I believe that will be the last ones from that batch!

• Quote from djsheep: “While we're waiting, did anyone try out the newly unearthed games and are they any good? ” I do not think either are playable by emulation; so it is dependent on the multi cart. I have a been working on the how to docs and tech info on how the cart and software works. The carts are for sure getting assembled this week (it's a small batch of 10 units). I have been away from home many days of the past two months, but tomorrow I will finally be home for some time so I can get b…

• Quote from archimage: “hi @brizzo ans progress on the touchscreen solution ? ” Yes! I mentioned a few posts ago that twistedsymphony gave me a better design idea and I built the prototype, and it has been sitting on my desk since... Got distracted with the crystal system cart, and now have been away for 5 of the last 8 weeks. Finally coming home tomorrow. I will throw up a photo of the prototype in the next couple days, and also post a huge update on the crystal cart that lots of you have been w…

• Form Organization and layout.

brizzo - - Forum News

Quote from Hatsune Mike: “I think the main index will benefit from removing a lot of clutter and noise. Some things feel like they are there just because "it's what forums have". Since there are so many subsections, improving the ease of browsing may help. I've attached some visual criticisms of the index. ” These changes have been implemented. - Users online/viewing each forum has been removed. - Forum descriptions have been truncated to one line of text (actual descriptions to be revised) Need…

• @CoolFox had asked me in passing for help with the BIOS password, but I assumed it was just a curiosity thing. Tonight he explained without it the system is frustrating/pain in the ass to boot!! Decided this was worth while to try and solve. Have past experience reverse engineering AwardBIOS but it's probably been a decade, lol. Good news friends, I got lucky. The password is: onestar7 Enjoy

• Congrats on finding and solving the edge case problem! Link for the github for anyone interested: github.com/Mikejmoffitt/bgaregga-gals

• Quote from Fluffy: “Just wondering: Are you assembling yourself or are you getting boards assembled somewhere? ” Technically both, because I own a business with a PCBA department

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “@brizzo just checking in, and very excited! ” The current plan is all pre-orders will be assembled and shipped next week

• Woo, package has arrived!

• Using 101 screens is obsolete now, there are aftermarket IPS LCDs for modding, just like GBC

• Quote from jassin000: “With a brand new pair of Durcell's I got about 3 hours tops. ” There are all kinds of options for batteries, but I've been using Panasonic Eneloop batteries (regular and pro) in my DMG and Pocket (both with back light mods) for a few years. The advantage is they hold their charge unlike most other NiMH batteries.

• Quote from Fluffy: “I guess I'll have to experiment with different casting resins. ” smooth-on.com/products/task-9/ Only downside is the short pot life, have to work fast. Excellent resin for what you trying to do, assuming transparency is a must

• Update time! Been swamped with work and personal things the past few weeks; way behind schedule on finishing the Crystal Multi! - Three new games have been dumped and submitted to MAME (Urachacha Mudaeri, Wully Bully, Maldaliza) - Final pcbs arrived weeks ago, assembled a couple, works exactly as expected. Parts for all pre-orders are on hand as well - Have a few final bugs to solve with the PC programming software, but overall happy with the GUI design for this type of cart Will post some more …

• Quote from xodaraP: “Is it at all worth having a cheap logic analyser in the repair kit or do you need something like the large HP units to get any useful information from arcade hardware? ” Both have pros and cons USB based Saleae devices have unlimited data capture (limited by host pc ram). The bandwidth/sample rate goes down the more channels you use. Mainframe style logic analyzers have massive amounts of channels, but can only capture a specific amount of data. But they can also do way more…

• Just to play devil's advocate here; 0x0A to 0x0B is only a single bit changed, not even a byte (00001010 -> 00001011)