Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All the main components are together now, so hopefully I'll have some progress posted soon. I just need something to put it in. That might have to wait until later though, as I would like to have this for an event in less than 10 days.

• Quote from ChuChu Flamingo: “Regular mame does have a lot of input lag. You ever use Groovymame? It cuts down a lot of the lag (same as disabling vsync on regular mame minus the screen tearing iirc) and even has a feature called frame delay. I use it pretty exclusively vs mame. ” I tried it once but never got to make it a tournament standard, totally forgot about it otherwise. Thanks!

• Quote from jassin000: “Above ^ @Aurich that's what I was really saying... Some of the stick encoders have some lag in them, even if Undamned has zero its introducing lag to a system that otherwise (if direct wire DB15 supergun standard) has none. ” Yeah, again I will definitely have mods done to my existing sticks and a couple pads so that there is a direct wired option available for our events, I believe I have mods on a couple sticks already that would allow for a very easy wiring job. This wi…

• Quote from midwaydj: “Do you have a microswitch preference? Just popped open one of my MK sticks and looks like it has iL sticks and buttons with cherry microswitches but I have some D44X microswitches I might use in there. Just curious what others are using. ” I have heard most commonly that D44X are preferred over iL and that people were disappointed with the iL parts. It really only matters to stingy players I think, but if you have em, use em.

• Quote from midwaydj: “The MK sticks come with the same sticks and buttons as the original cabinet so not sure what the issue is there. Everything feels like the original cabinet to me. I couldn’t imagine playing on Japanese sticks with a weird layout. To each their own! ” Yeah I have to play on Happ parts, and preferably a hard spring, but there are different grade parts, cherry switches and what not, and the PDP sticks are not standard. They aren't bad though.

• Quote from ekorz: “Just don’t want you to run into a competition and be bummed out! ” We'll definitely test it, I have a couple different types of ASUS monitors we use for tournaments, and if I have to get one specific LCD for this project. Quote from archimage: “worth considering these for the price if you already have UD-USB ” I have 5 or 6 MK layout American style sticks, all are either PS3/360 or Brooks Universal converted so we're good to go. I have two of those PDP sticks as well. Quote fr…

• Quote from ekorz: “Quote from UMKShock: “Quote from ekorz: “What's Arturo's magic? ” twitter.com/nycfurby/status/1023253318427193344 ” That'll get you a good scaled image, but not effect the sync rate in any way. In other words, run that into a BenQ freesync monitor and you're golden. But a normal everyday LCD will not be able to sync with it still. ” According to Arturo that is on a standard Acer. He did a lot of trial and error but I think as long as I'm just doing LCDs this will be fine.

• Quote from ekorz: “ What's Arturo's magic? ” twitter.com/nycfurby/status/1023253318427193344

• Quote from ekorz: “Quote from UMKShock: “I'm very much aware of the issues with MK's refresh rate and sync issues when trying to output to a normal video destination, and have worked with Arturo at BVG to resolve this. He has the proper timings for the OSSC, which is what I would use to convert the signal to HDMI and split from there ” What's Arturo's magic? OSSC timings are not the full story. Getting it to HDMI to split for streaming is one part, but whoever is playing still needs the monitor …

• Quote from vooch: “great to see there's still lots of love for old school MK. growing up in Chicago, I have lots of fond memories of playing umk3 wavenet and in after-hours sessions at Diversions. wish there was modern recording technology back in the late 90s so I could rewatch those matches and compare to current competitive scene. ” the earliest arcade stuff available right now is from about 15 years ago so well after the main run, and it's all guerrilla style of course.

• Quote from Aurich: “Quote from jassin000: “This statement from you tho is just coming off like someone who is personally offended by the things I've had to say about CRTs. ” I'm definitely not offended, it's just that we've all had this conversation over and over, people have their sides, and there's nothing new or interesting about watching people rehash it. I'm not telling you to shut up, I'm saying maybe we shouldn't engage in it all over again. UMKShock wants to use OSSC and LCDs for this, b…

• Thanks guys! Already making progress here after some speed bumps in my consolized MK board project. Should be great. For the record, I'm opinionated as well, but mechanically UMK3 is the best OG MK game. MKII, most people love for the presentation, which everyone agrees is fantastic, it's just not as competitive a game as UMK3. Also, I balance tested MK9 in Chicago, and well, they haven't really done much since then to make the play any better. They have a formula and stick to it so they can sel…

• Quote from jassin000: “Being that @UMKShock is new, maybe this is the case for him? ” If I knew about your projects, I would have just contacted you to build it for me!

• Quote from jassin000: “ ” So after looking through a bit more closely, my best request would be is if you give up your secret recipe and I can modify whatever I need to, and poof. Any model numbers for this stuff would be super helpful. To reiterate my current inventory: OSSC Undamned Adapters Minigun Extra eproms for hacks Pending UMK3 board Need: Power Acrylic casing Anything I might be unaware of Thanks!

• Quote from ekorz: “What's your video desire? MK's run at awfully difficult resolutions. MAME just showed me UMK3 does 400x254 at 54.706840hz. UMK3 is not a small pcb, so saving space with a small power supply seems weird to me. I'm sure folks will chime in with small psu's if they've tried them with this board, but I'd go with a happ: ebay.com/p/1331409792. Regardless of the PSU you choose, you can make your own harness (or get one made) that will connect the psu to the minigun. I can probably h…

• hey all. I'm working with the guys over at Brookyln Video Games to build a consolized UMK3 board. I tried this project back in 2011 but the guy disappeared on me after making significant headway. So far I have an OSSC for video, Minigun supergun, undamned adapters, ordered some extra 4mbit and 8 mbit eproms (additional roms are for hacking/burning involved), im picking up a umk3 board from my friend's arcade, and I need a PSU but I'm stuck there. I dont know a whole lot about hardware and power,…

• Howdy everyone, I go by Shock in the fight game community and was directed to this forum to field questions for a long overdue arcade to console project. Hope to find some answers!