Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I came back to check on this and didn't realize this had gotten to this point already. I would like at least a set, more depending on if shipping cost is about the same as 1 as it would be for 2 or 3. Thanks.

• Mame lists kageki as being on new zealand story hardware. Just wondering if anyone more knowledgeable has messed with this hardware family before.

• I have a pair of ID6 machines that are linked. I would like to have a set of ID8 but I always hear need of server box. My ID6 machines I didnt think I could link them when I got them but it turns out there is simply an option to turn off the need of the server box in the options and now they link just fine with a cat5 from the one ringedge to the other. So my questions is was this option removed from ID7 and 8? Or does 8 still have this option and I dont need a server?

• What z80 are acceptable? I see you have a B in one of your pics. Is A or otherwise ok?

• Just picked up a black tiger pcb with no sound. From all the bad things I hear about these modules probably my luck its that. Any progress on people being able to get these? Through hole kit version would be ideal for cheap bastard like myself. I would build one by hand too if I had to but the schematic you posted is not complete? I see resistors on your proto but none on the drawing. Thanks for risking your MM module to figure this thing out. Hope to be playing some black tiger soon.

• I have sent you a PM. Thanks.

• I have a Lets go island 3D that is japanese. I would really like this to run in english. Can the region of the system be changed? Are both the USA and JAP versions even on the same disc? Could the disc just possibly be manipulated to trick it into loading the USA version on reinstall? Thanks.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “It's been hacked already but the guy selling the kits charges like $450 per game. He hacked them to where you can run 357 games on 369 and vice versa. It's a different kit to go either way though. ” $450 for a replacement hard drive? Thats really lame. I guess I need to make a backup of all the different namco games I have and deal with it whenever I have a drive fail. I have tried the pcb swap for max tune 3 but it didnt work. But then again that was using selfimage, if…

• Quote from Arcadesupergun: “Just think of the old xbox eeprom kinda the same thing ” I remember being able to softmod my xbox and swap the hard drive for any size. Whatever you are referencing is not something I ever had to deal with. Could also just be beyond the scope of my memory too.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “No. The HDD serial, etc. is part of the security on 357 and 369. ” So this program cant change the serial of the drive anyway then can it? Opened the game up again and took a pic of the drive, there is not a single one of them on ebay anyway. So are people going to be just SOL with these systems from a simple hard drive fail until someone hacks the security?

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Are you using an EXACT SAME HDD model as the original? ” I will have to check again, game is back together. It was very close if different, maybe had a minor revision difference. But it would be nice to not have to hunt down an old 80gb drive. Can this system not be freely cloned? would be nice to move on to ssd.

• Quote from Arcadesupergun: “hddguru.com/ ” Tried this and it did not work. It did copy the drive and the game boots to the ps3 loading the razing storm icon but then just comes up with an error. Say error data invalid or something similar.

• I have a friend with a razing storm machine that suddenly is showing this error. When turned on it comes up blank for a long time then just shows the 80022c81 error. Sounds alot like hard drive has failed. Anyone familiar with this error or have a way of reimaging a drive as I am sure going through namco will be expensive when its just a damn $20 hard drive. Also as a side note is there a way to clone a working drive? I have tried with selfimage but no luck. Thanks.

• Quote from xRealNinjuzx: “Quote from kuze: “I agree it's a tough situation. However a shitty arcade op that doesn't want to pay Taito could already play these games on a standard PC with I-PAC or similar, so updating the multi shouldn't be considered damaging IMO. Hopefully arcade ops in this day and age know they should pay for these games and keep the arcade scene alive. ” In my opinion, this attitude is slightly wrong. I'm sure many operators would love to pay Taito if they were able. Taito h…

• Outrun 2 question.

willkaotix - - Sega Lindbergh

I have an outrun 2 chihiro machine that the board has gone bad in. I am wondering is the lindburg version more or less a drop in using the same feedback board? I am aware of the outrun SP SDX with motion and 2 steering wheels but is there a normal version that runs just like the chihiro outrun 2 SP? Next problem is I have an extra lindbergh red, what would it take to get it to run on the red? I have an extra yellow that is smoked, not sure what is dead on it but maybe something could be good fro…

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from willkaotix: “Wow lame about these guys making this cart and rushing it out before the darksoft. What a waste, with someone having the skill to make a cart like this its such a shame to release something already being done when that effort could have been used to do a multicart for a new system. And the crazy price gouging sucks. I as well as anyone who knows anything about darksoft will support DS. (if my bank account can handle it that is) Also a question for DS…

• Wow lame about these guys making this cart and rushing it out before the darksoft. What a waste, with someone having the skill to make a cart like this its such a shame to release something already being done when that effort could have been used to do a multicart for a new system. And the crazy price gouging sucks. I as well as anyone who knows anything about darksoft will support DS. (if my bank account can handle it that is) Also a question for DS. When mame supports the NG DEV TEAM games wil…

• Quote from atrfate: “Sounds to be like he dosent understand it has to be loaded via nikos loader to "decypet" the game so their-fore it isnt loading at all and just black screens cuz he is clicking the exe only. ” I do understand but wanted to run it as a single game and now do have it that way. Not clicking on anything as its autoloaded on the real hardware.

• Well I was able to get it working. The original EXE is there but it just black screens because it is most likely still encrypted. The kof13climax.exe when run calls the cryptserver and uses the key file then calls the typex_loader.exe killing the jvsIO ability. I was able to hex edit the kof13climax.exe to remove the call for the typex_loader and it runs fine now with JVS.

• Ah bummer again. Guess I spoke too soon. The version I found boots up and runs fine on a PC but on real hardware no inputs work. It looks like the game.exe is still encrypted unfortunately and when set to run the other file it decrypts when it loads and forces the JVS bypass. Someone have the decrypted exe? I will keep searching I guess.