Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 76.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Applying flux + new solder is what I always do to troublesome through hole plates. In my repertoire I always do this step preemptively. With this in mind maybe you weren't properly wetting the solder when applying new solder.Might be due to your soldering gun losing thermal mass on big ground planes. In my experience soldering irons with the heating element separate from the tip (vs ones with the heating element built into the tip) kinda suck on big ground planes and could be why it didn't. They…

• The part circled comes off. On my Revision 11 and 2x 14 boards.These can easily slip out due to flexing and also get dirty.

• No the actual connector that the cartridge plugs into on the motherboard comes off.

• I would make sure to reseat the cartridge connector on the actual motherboard. They can come undone quite easily due to warping/putting on the red plastic housing wrong.

• Home Arcade System

ChuChu Flamingo - - RGB's lab

You should always have standoffs on your boards, and as many as you can fit (especially the ones near the middle). There are three reasons why. 1.)Support. Without standoffs (especially ones in the middle) your board can flex pretty easy. The larger the board the worse it will be. Not all have them in the middle, but usually in the four corners. Most should've had support in the middle 2.)Flexing of the board is especially bad on SMD components and can result in cold solder joints or just lift t…

• Are you making these again? @Frank_fjs

• Home Arcade System

Does the Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter controller adapter work when directly plugged into a MVS motherboard via the controller ports? Just asking for science.

• Same, I would be up for one. These works with HAS I assume as well?

• If these ever became available for pre-order I would totally get one.

• Home Arcade System

I can just flip it around but I like having the wires go down instead of up since my Egret 2 PSU adapter wires would need to be torqued a little (they are pretty heavy gauge, not really flexible). I don't really care too much on my Egret2 tbh since I just wrapped the wire around the FG (which removed this annoying noise). Good to hear I can just switch it around when I get another for my other MWP 606 that I use on the HAS. i'll pick up another whenever those 3p/4p adapters/composite s-video ada…

• Home Arcade System

Not sure if this could be changed, but I feel the MWP 606 plastic enclosure that covers the exposed terminals could be slightly improved. I got one with my HAS and it works great (currently installed it on my Egret2 MWP 606). You can't insert a crimped 3.5 connection where the FG (field ground) is since no notch was cut. Anyway to improve this? @RGB Also is it possible for the HAS to have stereo through the jamma edge of a MV-1F if I toggle the mvs audio switch? Not sure if it is supported via t…

• Regular mame does have a lot of input lag. You ever use Groovymame? It cuts down a lot of the lag (same as disabling vsync on regular mame minus the screen tearing iirc) and even has a feature called frame delay to further reduce lag. I use it pretty exclusively vs mame.

• Quote from Aurich: “Quote from jassin000: “Nothing against Undamned, I love his products but I think if you are already dealing with lag from a LCD panel... Why risking adding anymore? It's simply not worth it, esp when it can be so easily avoided with a new harness. ” There is no lag from Undamned converters. The man is here, ask him yourself if you don't want my word, but there's nothing to worry about on that front. ” Not to be nit picky but I remember reading undamned converters have 1 ms of…

• I would try cleaning the slot and cartridge pins with some isopropyl alcohol.

• Good way of cleaning arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…ater%2Bingress#post117062 What water ingress can do PCB Washing tl;dr water ingress is something to be mindful of. It is a minor risk when washing boards. Just a small potential risk that can be mitigated with proper planning. With this in mind it is possible to clean them properly and evaporate all that stuff that could react with your ics years down the road (minerals in your water/stuff on board). How else would we get 20 year old coca-cola …

• Got a new Shen Jian, but would love to fix this glitching one. Anyone fix these? I've already messaged channelmaniac and he said nope.

• Home Arcade System

So when will the S-video/Composite or PS2 adapters be back in stock? for the mini din will this cable work? I would be connecting it to a GSCART switch. retro-access.com/products/fort…ds?variant=18593264926771

• [PRE-ORDER your HAS!]

Just letting you know I paid for my HAS @RGB

• Nanao MS8-26SU

ChuChu Flamingo - - Monitor Help

Quote from DecepticonZero: “You're gonna wanna discharge that guy again before you reconnect that anode. I speak from experience. ” Yes. Tl;dr when you discharge a monitor it usually doesn't discharge it fully due to dielectric absorption. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric_absorption