Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

You can run Mario Kart GP & F-Zero AX off of a modded Wii very easily with a GameCube controller. (The TriForce arcade hardware is based off of the GameCube.) A lot of the titles you mentioned have very solid console ports. (I personally prefer a proper port over emulation, but that’s just me...) Think of a supergun as the hardware that replaces all of the arcade wiring that allows you to play actual arcade PCBs on a consumer display. (Essentially bringing the experience closer to that of a cons…

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

@KingSopz How is the OSSC connected to your display, and what kind of display are you using? There is a little switch on the HAS near the kick harness connector and the AV out--try flipping that? (I believe that toggles the CSync Processor between a few different options, but check your HAS manual for details, as I have a slightly older model that used jumpers.)

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

Quote from jassin000: “I told him, the OSSC cannot output a analog signal! This is his problem... "DVI-to-VGA cable to 31k Nanao MS-2932 (Sega Naomi high res only) monitor" Once its been processed by the OSSC its digital, no passive cable can make that into a analog signal. This is why he is only having issues "when I bring the OSSC into the mix" because he isn't using it properly. ” I told you in an earlier reply here that it was not a matter of using the incorrect DVI-to-VGA cable. (I had two,…

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “I've got the CPS1 monstrosity, truth be told, it works great and has done for a few years now. Nice onscreen menu, instant loading, and a handful of non-hacked games that run flawlessly. It has its problems but represented great value for money to me, being able to play games that cost absurd money now. ” I have the CPS2 version (18-in-1) and my experience with it mirrors that above. Solid game list (there are only a couple that I miss, and a couple I could do without.) Th…

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

Quote from RGB: “The HAS V3.0 that you've got allows for some tinkering with the sync, but it doesn't change the actual frequency. The OSSC just line doubles the signal, so if the monitor doesn't like the doubled CPS2 frequency, you might be out of luck An upscaler with frame buffering might do the trick. ” I tried moving the jumper on the CSync Processor to 'unbuffered' (see photo) and between this, and finally updating the firmware on my OSSC to the most recent version after being stuck on a l…

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

I was affraid that you may say this, and you very well could be right. I'll do a little more experimentation with it. Thanks @RGB

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

Quote from RGB: “Hey, have you tried to connect it to some other display via DVI/HDMI? As you can see, the OSSC accepts the CPS2 signal just fine, so it might be the output settings/monitor compatibility thing. ” So I am able to output a Saturn to the same monitor via the OSSC without issue, just not the CPS2. Quote from opt2not: “Quote from KC-Slater: “DVI-to-VGA cable to 33k Nanao MS-2932 (Sega Naomi high res only) monitor ” You're most likely not outputting the right frequency that your High-…

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

Hey RGB, I'm having some issues getting sync with my HASv3, OSSC and CPS2 18-in-1. (The CPS2 and the HAS works fine via SCART, but when I bring the OSSC into the mix, things take a turn...) My setup is as follows: -CPS2 18-in-1 (the weird little daughterboard between the CPS2 and the HAS is part of the 18-in-1, for anyone curious.) -HASv3 8-din to SCART adapter -OSSC (with SCART input, DVI output) -DVI-to-VGA cable to 31k Nanao MS-2932 (Sega Naomi high res only) monitor I can't get sync to hold.…

• DIY UD-CPS2 Kit

KC-Slater - - Temple of the Undamned

Hi there, If possible, please add me to the list, thanks!

• Home Arcade System

KC-Slater - - RGB's lab

Hey RGB, Do you have any of the HD15 adapter PCB's in stock? I am interested in one of those, and 2 x Saturn controller adapters if available. Thanks!

• @twistedsymphony Unfortunately, I’m missing the control panel inside my cab as well! I’m not exactly sure why, but it’s gone. I will post some photos of my monitor and the wiring I took last night when I had the back removed, so any knowledgeable parties can chime in as to whether it’s there or not. I don’t hear the telltale sound of it firing when I turn my cab on, for what it’s worth. I’m hoping that in the event the coil is there, wiring up a button is a straight forward (and safe) affair.

• So as it turns out, I was able to remove the cover off the back, and adjust some of the pots (H-size, V-size, H-pos, V-pos) on the chassis in addition to on the tethered remote board, and to greater effect. It strikes me as odd that they would have repeated controls on both, but it worked, so I am not complaining. Just thought I'd post my conclusion/solution in the event that someone else runs in to this issue. I have a bit of slight discolouration in the top left corner, though. I am not sure i…

• Thanks for the reply @twistedsymphony I have only owned this cab for about 18 months, and I have not done anything to the monitor, maintenance-wise. I doubt the previous owner did as well. Right now the cover is on the back of the CRT, but is it possible that I could adjust the H-width and V-height beyond what the tethered remote controls provide if I adjust these values right on the chassis itself? Or is it simply a matter of both pots doing the same thing?

• Thanks for the reply @ThisGuy I just realized I entered the wrong monitor model number -- I have an Nanao ms 2932 (31khz only model!) I don't think I have this feature on mine.

• I have a Naomi Universal cab with a Nanao MS-2932. The monitor is pretty decent for the most part (despite being 31khz-only) but I feel like the displayed image is too small for the size of the monitor. Specifically, I feel that it isn't taking up enough real estate, and leaving about an 1" perimeter around the area it is actively displaying the picture un utilized. I am using VGA sources (XBOX 360, Dreamcast) and not sure if this has anything to do with while it does not appear to be filling th…

• Hello from Toronto!

KC-Slater - - Introduce Yourself!

Hi all, I can usually be found over in the retro forums on GAF (my other Dreamcast is a NAOMI), but registered to connect with some like-minded people who are more arcade-centric.