Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 47.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi! I have a japanese motherboard of Kaneko Super Nova System that lacks blue color and I want to get it back to fully working condition. Board has already some repairs done near the jamma edge, right before RGB pins. Someone replaced two of the signal amplifiers by some big ugly ones that I'm sure are the culprit of color issue: H3ZK8rth.jpg Problem is I cannot find any original replacement out there. Original amplifier (middle one) is labeled as RF-69 and packaged as SOT-223 (3 + 1 pins), but …

• received mines today. Thanks Fluffy! 748ZKZLm.jpg

• Quote from DarthMig: “Mine also arrived. Is there going to be a guide on how to put them together. Not the soldering part but what parts are needed for each game and what needs to be programmed etc. ” Everything you want to know about it is explained in the guide made by Fluffy here: PGM single game PCB assembly and troubleshooting

• Quote from Fluffy: “The first half is identical to another ketsui ROM, I don't remember which, the "arrange" version is with the patch from daifukkat.su/hacks/ketarr/ applied. You'll notice the green logo on the title screen and the different legal text. Ketsui is not encrypted, all it does is identify files by checksum and give them consistent names to prevent errors when burning eproms. Quote from sergiopolog: “Out of curiosity, what base version of ketsui arrange was used to make it? ” No ide…

• InfiniKey-CPS1

sergiopolog - - Temple of the Undamned

Yes, I finally managed to get keys for B-21 act as every other B chip too, but I could test it only in some boards I have, by programming B-21 in a 90631C-5 board powered by battery. I also plan to test it in a modified 92631C-6 (that is more common, because it’s the one mounted in sf2ce and sf2hf, however it is not battery backed) acts as a 90631-5, but I think this could not be a good idea... Lots of SF2 would be massacred to use their c board as trasplant in older cps1 boards...

• Quote from Fluffy: “Quote from sergiopolog: “I'm just poking round your rom_gen script @Fluffy (while waiting for pcbs to come! ), and I have a doubt about ketsui arrange rom. What arrange version is supported by your script? I'm using ketarr.zip from MAME (newest one: 2014/07/16 ARRANGE 1.7 VER) but generated file 'ketsui_p1.bin' is only filled with the original program rom in the first half (2MB), and second one is completely empty (all "1s") ” You need "KETSUI TRAP.bin" from "PGM Program File…

• I'm just poking round your rom_gen script @Fluffy (while waiting for pcbs to come! ), and I have a doubt about ketsui arrange rom. What arrange version is supported by your script? I'm using ketarr.zip from MAME (newest one: 2014/07/16 ARRANGE 1.7 VER) but generated file 'ketsui_p1.bin' is only filled with the original program rom in the first half (2MB), and second one is completely empty (all "1s")

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from Yippikaye: “Quote from Fluffy: “Update: The cost for one set (1 prog board + 1 char board) is 15 GBP + whatever royal mail is quoting me for postage. I'll start contacting people in the order they are in this thread, everyone is welcome to take fewer or none if they changed their mind. If I have any left over at the end we can talk about getting extras. ” Price sounds good to me Waiting for the pm ” More than that, it's a gift to the community. ” I think so, gr…

• Quote from GC8TECH: “ Quote from sergiopolog: “I need to replace the dial taper pot for volume (B1K), but I cannot find any compatible spare with the same space between 3 pins. Any suggestions to where to find it? Thanks. ” I have looked as well and not found any drop in replacements...You may just have to pop in a vertical 1K pot... And adjust it with a screw driver etc... T. ” Finally, I managed to find a exact replace on Alibaba here: alibaba.com/product-detail/B1K…tiometer_62058950751.html S…

• I need to replace the dial taper pot for volume (B1K), but I cannot find any compatible spare with the same space between 3 pins. Any suggestions to where to find it? Thanks.

• Quote from Dion: “having 28 ohm only takes less than 200mA, which i guess it is pretty normal. ” Really? I have some hundreds of ohms in other similar boards

• Hi forum! I read somewhere in the net that a good accurate Low-Resistance meter or ESR meter could be helpful to isolate a bad shorten IC or component inside a PCB, by reading resistance and check where the lower resistance is the nearer short-circuit is. Here is where good accurate meter comes into scene. In fact, I have a game board that has "only"(?) a 28~30 Ohms resistance between +5 and ground. I hook it up to my cab PSU and when running Z80 and a 74XXX were gone oddly hot, so I unsoldered …

• InfiniKey-CPS1

Quote from undamned: “Multiple people have inquired about adding to InfiniKey CPS1 the keys to configure a Battery B-21 to behave as all other B-XX chips. I don't know if I will support this upon initial release, as I have simply don't have a game for each B-XX chip type on hand with which to test. Here I've verified what games I do have on hand using a Captain Commando C-Board with InfiniKey CPS1: As No Battery B-21 on SFII' CE ...... -ud ” Just for curious, how did you figure out the codes you…

• InfiniKey-CPS1

Quote from parodius: “ - Last question is beyond the scope of your product, but : I thought I understood it should be possible to program the B21 to mimic other B## chips, say a B03 (to fix a Willow board I have witha faulty B03), am I mistaken ? ” This is a topic I was investigating some time ago, and I think you are right. We "only" need to figure out the proper keys to be programmed into B-21 to make it a clone of any other B-XX chip.

• InfiniKey-Kabuki

I don't want to try to figure out inner working of the Undamned (wonderful) device, but as ArcadeHacker details in his project, kabuki CPU should be extracted out of the circuit to be properly programmed (there seems to be problems and interferences if it is inserted in the circuit). How have you managed to program keys without removing the chip from the circuit? Or is it that in fact those problems did not exist? Just curious... PD: I'm definitely for at least 4 to use in my boards

• InfiniKey-Kabuki

Quote from xodaraP: “Quote from sergiopolog: “Awesome! Does it fit between CPS1.5 q sound and B board? ” It goes in between the Kabuki CPU and socket on the Q Sound board ” ok, thanks! My question goes for if there is enough gap between boards to add a new element that makes the kabuki CPU “taller”, but I assume that unddamned already checked it

• InfiniKey-Kabuki

Awesome! Does it fit between CPS1.5 q sound and B board?

• Also interested in at least 2 sets, but maybe 2 or 3 more depending price for a friend.

• Quote from Trol: “No, the WR2 file is in mame, you just need to make a hex file from it. ” Out of curiosity (noob question): how do you make the hex file from the binary one? I took bin file from wrally2 mame romset and tried to convert it to hex using "xxd" tool from unix: Shell-Script (1 line) but result generated is something like this: (Hidden Content) Different to the contents of hex file you provided: (Hidden Content) They have some similaries but completely different after all.. Whats the…