Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 157.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JVS Emulator

bobbydilley - - Project Showcase

@Fredobedo007 Hey there, I've not made any interesting updates to the project of late as I've had a lot of university work and other arcade projects that I've been messing with. OpenJVS as it stands will work fine if you want to set it up, OpenJVS2 isn't going to be released as I'm not happy with how it went. Myself and a friend are currently starting to build OpenJVS3 which is a completely new code base (based on JVSCore) and should be much more robust and convinient than the old one. Developme…

• I understand that - what I mean is why is 2 points of reference at the extremes suitable for the Y but not for the X when the width of the screen isn’t a factor of 5 bigger than the height. I’d understand 3 or maybe 4 LEDs but 5 seems a lot. They took away 2 LEDs from the Height perspective from jpark to hotd, I wonder why they didn’t also remove an LED from the width perspective as the half height gap they’ve just removed is far larger than say removing 1 LED from the width gap.

• @twistedsymphony I’ve removed my posts with the incorrect info, feel free to remove your replies if you want to make the thread shorter - thank you for the corrections. What seems strange to me is that it requires 5 LEDs to for detecting the X Axis but effectively only 2 LEDs for the Y axis. I know the Y axis is shorter but at a rate of 4:3 or 16:9 not 5:1.

• Thank you - I've seen your write up before, it's really interesting but the lowest level of details you goto is: The Gun Sense board illuminates the addressable LEDs one at a time and takes an IR intensity reading from each quadrant of the sensor in the gun. Because it knows the position of each LED and the intensity of each quadrant for each LED it’s able to determine where the gun is being pointed with very good accuracy. Do we know how the math actually functions to go from a effectively a 2x…

• @twistedsymphony Ah fair enough, my bad. Can you explain how it works then? Also do you happen to have a link to the patent document, would be an interesting read?

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from bobbydilley: “The gun effectively has a camera in it that can only see IR (Infrared) light. ” Does this look like a camera to you? arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…b08015fc229493242666e67cb ” I realise that its some sort of PIR type sensor, but it must produce some sort of pixel map right? Feel free to completely correct me if I'm wrong, but in essense it must be doing something like what I've said - I can't see that its at all possible if that was a photo d…

• Teknoparrot used to support JVS, but doesn't in any of the newer versions so no easy plug and play solution. My github.com/bobbydilley/JVSCore-Public software can be used to support JVS I/O cards for any games (so mame) in Linux, but won't work for Windows so unforunately no Tecknoparrot.

• @Zebra The code should work on a Leonardo as well! You’ll have to try it and tell me how it goes as I haven’t actually tested it out. The reason it only works on some Arduinos is because the processor needs to support a special ability that allows it to pretend to be a USB peripheral. Only some of the processors in the Arduinos support this.

• Yeah I totally get that - really makes you realise how useful being able to program is, if you ever get the time I'd deffinately reccomend learning! I can see that the Samco gun code I sent you is messy and incomplete, so I've made a version for you that'll hopefully do what your wanting and commented on it, its available here: github.com/bobbydilley/ArduinoAnalogueMouse You need to plug your guns into A0 and A1 and then a trigger into digital pin 5. This will only work for an Arduino Due or Zer…

• github.com/samuelballantyne/IR…ter/Samco_IR_Light_Gun_M0 This project does absolute mouse movements if you still need that. Always seems strange to me people pay lots of money for these APAC things, when you could get a $2 arduino to do the same thing - but I suppose not everyone knows how to program or wants to make that sort of effort!

• Lindbergh yellow boot issue

bobbydilley - - Sega Lindbergh

Does anyone know how you’d go about changing the region for the ringedge?

• @stickcross Sorry it took a while to reply, I still don’t believe it’s possible. In your friends explanation he talks about the ‘line sense’. This is an extra physical wire that is used along with the gnd, data+ and data- wires from normal RS485. We have no way to read this sense line, so we wouldn’t know when the last IO has finished sending data. With only 1 IO you can just assume once you’ve got some data that’s all you’ll get, with more IOs you absolutely need a way to read the sense line.

• @stickcross Unforunately the chaining of I/Os requires extra hardware to drive the sync line, and can't be done with an off the shelf RS485 converter so won't be supported in JVSCore for the foreseeable future. Sorry bud.

• @chunksin Ah I see your edit. Thanks, have had a long day so the numbers are all going a bit over my head. I'll add that to the development version and push it to master! Thanks for your help. BTW I sent you a PM, not sure if you're able to get it on here or if you haven't been a member for long enough?

• @stickcross That should be not problem. Get 2 RS485 to USB converters, and plug them both in, then run the software twice using the different converters. It would require some changes to force it to use different converters + make sure there aren't any duplicate IDs but in theroy wouldn't be that hard to do. If you ever wanna try it send me a pm

• You should get 5 bytes now, with the service+test at the top, 2 bytes for p1 and 2 bytes for p2. Don't really know why P2B3 wouldn't work? Does it come up in the list if you add the print statements?

• Ohh! Sorry made loads of silly mistakes there, have updated the code again on the Develop branch. If you could have another try that would be great!

• Sorry I've been editing the previous message so the threads have possibly got crossed. I've you look at the branch 'Develop' i've made all the changes I think are required to fix everything. github.com/bobbydilley/JVSCore-Public/tree/Develop On your raspberry pi, if you type in: `git checkout Develop` It'll move you onto the Develop branch, and you can re-compile and install the software, and see if that fixes anything. It's now got fuzz defined in the config file as well, so if you don't want t…

• Thanks for the vid! The system buttons are clearly a problem, and I think you're right I need to be reading in an extra byte for each one. I've created a branch called Develop, and i'll be adding that change to there shortly. It's nice to know that the program is getting the data correctly, and it's just the way I'm sending it out. Should hopefully be an easy fix! RE the coin, are you testing it by putting a coin in the slot, or do you have a button that simulates that? Unforunately the 'coin' p…

• Yeah I see what you mean. 1 Players worth of 11 buttons would be 2 bytes, and we're timing that by the amount of players so its correctly trying to read through 4 bytes of data. the getSwitches(char *switches, int players, int bytes) function looks to be correctly called with 2 players, and 2 bytes each. So I'm not really sure what its not doing. Something to try: Right under the emit function call put: printf("%d ", (switches >> j) & 0x01); At the end of the outer loop (the one that deals with …