Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nice i wish i knew that before so that's pretty usefull info! It also effects which donor boards people search out to buy, because i specifically shopped for a board that had the game with jumpers set correctly to go - even though in the end i got the game wrong (jap/eng naming issue) and then re-did the jumpers (which apparently i didn't have too lol).

• Quote from brentradio: “How spoiled are we getting when 200 people are begging for a PGM multi cart... ” To be fair having a PGM is basically like having extra neogeo games and you could argue it has better beat em ups

• I would buy one so add me in too

• Just an update - looks like that was the initial problem. Reseated A+B and it worked sitting on the floor, wen't to put it back in the astro and i dropped the entire B board (not from very high) and then got a black screen doh! Took it all apart, reseated everything and it's fixed. Where did you get your clips? I've put some tight rubber bands around it not sure if that will be enough or not.

• Thank i will try reseating A+B that might be it, in my astro city my CPS2 board sits on its side, not flat so maybe that has something to do with it Also there is no battery on the board so i don't think its a key retaining thing

• My kit has recently started giving a green screen. When it happened last i opened everything back up, checked no wires were loose and put it back together and it worked again (that was 2 days ago), but i didn't actually do anything to it. Tonight i turned on the machine to get some street fighter going and green screen again. Instead of me stabbing in the dark what would be the best thing i should check for problems? edit: some additional info, if I flash a new game on i get a pattern on the scr…

• Painting CPS2 B shell

Flain - - Capcom's CPS2

I have a pretty terrible B board that i got from an ebayer in mexico of all places really dirty and scratched badly with cracks in it. When i opened it up to install the darksoft multi someone had swapped the roms and done a game swap and in the process done the worst possible solder jumper change you could do (must of used a super hot iron as the solder blobs have actually indented the board). So i decided i needed a nicer B board to put my darksoft kit into. I found that Japanese sellers gener…

• It's coming AES multi

Flain - - Neo-Geo MVS and AES

Nice video! is there any plans to remove the need to have to go to "Exit and re-flash" it's seems like an unnecessary extra step that could be more streamlined for the user experience without it

• Quote from aha2940: “Tried your suggestion on my MV2F and MV1C, on none of them worked, still crosshatch. ” I have unibios 4 so not sure if thats why. On my non unibios board the crosshatch is blue instead of red.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from Flain: “I always get crosshatch on my 2-slot but with unibios softreset it then works ” Can you elaborate on that. You get crosshatch and then unibios softreset?!?! How do you exit from crosshatch? ” My 2 slot comes up like this (see pic attached), so i just press B and then it proceeds to boot the multi normally

• Quote from aha2940: “Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Have you tried it on a different PCB yet? ” Tried it also on my MV2F, just crosshatch too. ” I always get crosshatch on my 2-slot but with unibios softreset it then works

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “There are lots of bootlegs that do not work. TBH I doubt we will even try to get most of them working. The cart supports close to 270 rom sets at this point. If you want a less cluttered menu and don't need three versions of each game then just delete folders off of your SD card and the menu will adapt. <snip> Just a bit of trivia: The new menu guy doubled the amount of room used for the menu when he took over and is using that space to try and get a lot of your feature …

• Just finished testing a few games and played a few for 5-10mins each completing a few stages So looks like i no longer get the unibios green crash screen anymore, it hasn't come up even once. I used to always get it most of the time when flashing new games but not anymore. Not sure whats changed to fix it or if its intentional or not but good work!! It makes the general multi experience feel a lot better! I noticed new games can be played now, all the prototypes/unfinished games that never got r…

• Quote from SVM: “I did the following: #1 removed SD card #2 cleared NVRAM #3 deleted BUFF file on the SD card #4 copied flash.img file to update folder of the SD card #5 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished #6 removed SD card #7 cleared NVRAM #8 deleted BUFF file on the SD card #9 copied top file to update folder of the SD card #10 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished #11 removed SD card #12 clear…

• I do have a 3rd board i can test it in, will wait to see what darksoft says. I have 3 neogeo boards - MV2FS, MV1B and MV1FS

• If i take out the SDcard to check the filesystem it has recreated the BUFF file and the update files are gone so i assume the update is completing ok?

• Quote from Flain: “Just updated but can't get it to boot anymore, followed the directions from the OP - remove cart then boot and clear NVRAM - copy new files to SDCARD in /update/menu - delete BUFF file Put it in neogeo - power on, seems to of updated, left it for 3-4mins reboot - Unibios screen (no longer corrupted), Please wait, checking filesystem, intializing, then black screen keep waiting still black screen 5mins later. If i then power off/on same thing unibios/pleasewait/checking filesys…

• Just updated but can't get it to boot anymore, followed the directions from the OP - remove cart then boot and clear NVRAM - copy new files to SDCARD in /update/menu - delete BUFF file Put it in neogeo - power on, seems to of updated, left it for 3-4mins reboot - Unibios screen (no longer corrupted), Please wait, checking filesystem, intializing, then black screen keep waiting still black screen 5mins later. If i then power off/on same thing unibios/pleasewait/checking filesystem/initializing/bl…

• Quote from aha2940: “Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Try re-downloading the FW file and put just the flash.img file in the update folder. Delete the TOP for the time being. ” Red downloaded the files, they are exactly the same I had before. Deleted the TOP file from the /update folder, same thing, the cart does nothing, goes straight to crosshatch. ” Mine goes to crosshatch on my 2 slot all the time too (doesn't happen on my 1 slot). If i press the B button to reset on crosshatch it works after that. S…

• Nice guide. I stupidly got the CN9 pins the wrong way around, it's good to note that they kind of go right to left instead of left to right looking at the OP post this makes it clearer so you can get it right the first time On soldering - i'm a noob and i did tin my wires but i also put flux on the pad, so when i put the wire on the pad and heated it the solder just flowed off the wire completely and onto the pad so then i was struggling to get the wire into the solder in a neat way that was now…