Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 185.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “@brizzo, you haven't been traveling to China for work have you?!!? usatoday.com/story/news/health…lth-emergency/4539750002/ ” That mess is also headed on its way to Japan and other countries. The Chinese New Year has just begun and lots of travelers from there to other parts of the world. Everyone take care

• Games with Issues

lukemorse1 - - Neo-Geo MVS and AES

The video that I uploaded is the actual game playing on actual hardware. No emulation done in the video

• What kind of release date timeframe are you guys looking at for this one?

• Quote from Niko: “I initially lost interest in this after hearing it was going to be TATE only. But today I decided to skim the thread and I see a few others had the same concerns about rotating a monitor for 1 game. Anyways, I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here but I think at the very minimum a control/text rotate option should be included in the game. ” NG DEV Neo XYX was also a mostly tate game although it also has the yoko ability. You are right though, unless you also have a pgm with do…

• If anyone bought Neo XYX , it was a tate/yoko game so if the same options were applied to this game I think there will be no problems with monitor orientation.

• Quote from buffster: “Quote from rewrite: “Definitely don't plug it into the NeoGeo cabinet... MVS and JAMMA *ARE* different, and you will do damage. As for why it doesn't work on the Naomi cab, not sure. Did you make sure to see that it worked when you were at the seller's place? ” Got it, won't hook this one with neo geo. Thanks! So. my naomi cab should be working for this PCB then? No, we meet up at pubic parking lot by the pizza place. I guess I should've ask for pictures or video to see if …

• Quote from Phil Bennett: “I got mine from store.inertialcomputing.com last year but it's now discontinued. ” Awe man. Hmm, there must be another option for this then somewhere. If there are any leads Id be glad to try.

• Quote from Phil Bennett: “The SCSI2SD V5.0b (the small red one) works great with Simpsons Bowling as a CD drive substitute. However, I never managed to get it working with the V5.1 SCIS2SD, no matter what I tried. The flash ROM daughterboard is VERY unreliable in my experience; I've had several which reported bad flash ROMs during boot. I never got round to figuring out if the flash was actually bad or if it was the CPLDs that were at fault. ” Quote from Phil Bennett: “The SCSI2SD V5.0b (the sma…

• does anyone else have this game with a different drive? Drive number or pictures of jumper settings on the drive would be great

• Quote from stj: “is it a scsi drive? what's the model no? ” yes, its a SCSI drive. looking at the bottom of the drive, Its a: Toshiba CD-ROM DRIVE but the label is torn off so not sure of anything else

• @stj Yeah, Ive stripped down the drive, regreased the reails, cleaned the lens, removed the ribbon cable to the laser mech and cleaned that, checked each pin on the connecting cables for continuity but still, no go.……

• Quote from stj: “i dont think there is a cd emulator available with an atapi connector - i looked a couple of years ago. there are a few with usb outputs - but that's pretty useless for anything other than booting install images on a pc. ” Interesting. I was searching the net and saw there was a SCSI2SD set up someone had made. Not sure if it is actual or not but if it works, Id love to go that route. The drive I have Im not even sure if it works or not. There are 3 jumpers on the cd drive itsel…

• Im still curious as to what may be the cause of the problem and even after this damage if it can be repaired or some kind of warning signs before it burns out. Definitely worth looking into. If you decide to toss it out, let me know and maybe I can arrange shipping just to take a closer look at it.

• Quote from Hammy: “The chip shorts out and cooks the board. Common fault with them. I'd not waste any more time and strip / keep that for parts and find a new one. There's going to be more damage than it's worth. EDIT: YOU MAY BLOW UP YOUR PSU RUNNING THIS SHORTED BOARD. ” Wow! I never knew this was an issue with these boards. Is it a manufacturers defect then that causes this or power overload? If so then essentially all GT2K boards are like ticking bombs then. Seems quite unsafe to run in a ca…

• That is a definite issue there. Im at work now but it looks like a capacitor that was originally attached above the sound status led and burned off I dont know why there are burn marks under it now unless it is bridging a couple of vias. Can you pull off that burned capacitor (the square chip with the burn marks around it) Try to pull it off the board and clean the area under it with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to see the damage better. It may not be completely lost but needs to be examined…

• I pulled out my golden tee 2k to check for you. 4.98v is plenty to run it. Yellow sound status led and green video status led should both be constantly be flashing and it will boot right away. I bought this board broken and had to do some reflow on the cpu and ram chips on the top right of the board as well as it having several cut traces on the bottom of the board. Because the pins for the processor are very fine pitch, I dont recommend trying to reflow them or any parts athe the beginning at a…

• Ive got a Simpsons Bowling that wont boot because it comes up with "CDR Bad" and is constantly rebooting due to it. Assuming it is either the disk (which is a copied one and possibly encrypted), the drive (which is an old HP replacement it seems) or a problem with both. Either way, this isnt going to work without a functioning drive. Wondering is there is a flash drive solution to getting this up and running again. Very interested in finding a replacement for this board

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “Glad you persisted, well done getting it going! I don't have the patience for this type of repair, big time respect for those, like you, that do. ” Not easy or fun by any means after this much time but a good feeling to get it going for sure. Thanks for the kind words

• Quote from xodaraP: “I hate trace repair when this happens, got a couple in my to do pile I've been working on that are similar to this and like you, I work on them here and there. Glad to see there is light at the end of the tunnel! Good job! ” For sure. Just trying to work on these voards from time to time but trace repair is a pain lol. Glad to have been able ti repair this one and hope you can do the same with yours as well. Thanks a lot

• Repaired by: lukemorse1 Symptoms: Missing colors, Missing sprites, Lines in Sprites. Long story short, In December 2018, I bought this board (Prehistoric Isle) off of Fleabay claimed to be tested and listed at 100% working. After receiving it in the mail and ready to play it, Upon first start up, the board was obviously 100% messed up. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…efd98dcf0e34451b64be73169arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…efd98dcf0e34451b64be73169arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…efd98dcf0e34451b64b…