Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sega PAL dumps

Apocalypse - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from Hammy: “Excellent work as usual! I guess that galaxy force PCB is sorted now More good news for sega dumps system C got it's final PAL cracked in the last few days: jammarcade.net/wiki/index.php?title=SEGA_System_C ” Great! Funny you mentioned that specific one, I dumped it last week but didn't test it. IIRC it has state machines with a shifter. Hopefully I'll find time during the weekend to work on those S18 PLDs.

• Sega PAL dumps

Quote from stj: “it's unfortunate the missing x-board pal used on afterburner isnt dumped. i spoke about that chip with charles McDonald years ago - he said something about sprite layer priority or something similar. i wonder if afterburner can use the newer chip without issue? ” If a After Burner board ever cross my way I'll dump it.

• Quote from ekorz: “Definitely a good game. IF YOU LIKE GETTING EATEN BY GIANT SPIDERS ” Nah mate, they aren't giant spiders, they're just normal Aussie spiders.

• Can. If you ground it from the JAMMA edge it will also work. To connect the required signals I simply used male strip pins with wires soldered to them.

• Sega PAL dumps

Added: Y board hardware: IC134 bottom board, ref. 315-5325 (PAL16R4) reversed in a GAL16V8 (many thanks to member @Trol for sending me a replacement chip): drive.google.com/open?id=17oIewDTSTRHDYfOr3G5i7y0OsZmLiFof

• @Sumez yes you must power the PCB (preferably through JAMMA). The prog pin can simply bridged to the nearby gnd pin.

• Quote from caius: “Non-volatile RAMs?I don't know, I never tried.It could work, I can do some test. ” I've read the documentation of the DSP and in case of battery power loss (it's an input pin) it resets the keys. That said if you tie it to the +5V rail on the PCB (maybe through a diode or resistor to lower level since there's might also be a voltage check) it might do the trick.

• Quote from brentradio: “And no one seems to know that this kit has Frogger 2!!!! What the hell, I didn't even know there WAS a Frogger 2. Yes, great kit and cheap too. ” And you still can't play it properly in MAME. Every now and again you're sent back to level 1 (protection kicking in).

• Quote from Morden: “I just realized an Infinikey type circuit wouldn't really work. While I guess it is possible, technically, according to Apocalypse, the Dallas HEX write takes several minutes, which would be impractical if performed on every boot-up. Is there a way of permanently desuiciding these boards, eliminating the battery? ” Quote from caius: “Quote from Morden: “Is there a way of permanently desuiciding these boards, eliminating the battery? ” Only using patched program code.Some game…

• @Morden pinout is the same, there should be a dot on the silkscreen indicating pin 1. You can also probe pin 5 to confirm it's ground. And you're correct about the file to load (32kB). [EDIT] Sorry I forgot the bin to hex conversion (see @caius post below). Haven't slept last night...

• Thanks @caius for finally posting it. I had the privilege to test it on real hardware before the guide was posted and I confirm it works perfectly.

• @acblunden2 and @brentradio, information is on the silkscreen, U1 = ROM1, etc. But from your pic @acblunden2 it seems you got everything correct.

• I would say you probably severed a trace or damaged a via while desoldering the old caps and now you have a floating signal somewhere.

• @AlxUnderBase unfortunately there's no compatible profile for 27C4002 because the morons whose designed it thought it would be great to have to raise Vcc to 6.25V during programming. As far as I know it's the only chip in the 27C range requiring that. In fact very few programmers support it, maybe my Dataman can but not sure I've kept any of those stupid 27C4002s.

• Pool pin warning means programmer has detected a floating pin. Usually happens if pin isn't inserted properly in the socket or is dirty or the chip has internal damage.

• Quote from nonosto: “one question any news about Sega's System 16 cpu security modules? ” There is some information in the thread. What we know for sure is: - romsets with encrypted sound CPU won't be supported since there's no known method as of today to restore the keys or even replace the battery - there are 3 different encrypted main CPUs: FD1089A, FD1089B and FD1094. Keys are tied to the CPU type which means each module type can only play romsets meant for it. This also means the V1 using d…

• Jumped from V7.6 to V8.8 => Still not fixed...

• Sega PAL dumps

Quote from xga: “Amazing work, Apocalypse! Thank you for your dedication on all of this. Just checking, should 315-5225 be listed as IC62 and not IC46? I think IC46 might be 315-5227 on the bottom (video board). ” Correct, thanks. Quote from stj: “so how are these dumped? and converted? is there any automated software? ” Using a dumping device I made and then a piece of software I wrote for analysis, reduction and equation reversing.

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “i have version Ver8.80 (2018-08-27) ... but i dont have the chip to try ... @Apocalypse , sir ... it's any way to write data on 27c400 chips with top3000 ? ” Can you share that 8.8 version please. For 27C400 select the equivalent MXC4100.

• Sega PAL dumps

Quote from psykom1: “If I ever get a hold of a System-Y reasonably, you'll be the first to get a dump.Could I assume to find one on a G-Loc or do I need to locate a proper Galaxy Force board set??? ” I believe the 315-5325 is on all Y boards. But you can't dump it (it's secured) or brute force it in a conventional way (it's a registered device PAL16R4). However if you send me the chip I can reverse it and then test it.