Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 56.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yeah, sure, if Apocalypse fine with it, I could get him hosting, no problem. I'll wait for him to tell what solution the best for him.

• Still, the brittle plastic is a problem, but I also would like to retain the gold connectors, which is why I am on the lookout for something to replace Hirose.

• Maybe just on your blog or here?

• Hey Apocalypse, I know you made arcade models for KiCad, like JAMMA connectors. Since you are quite trustworthy on the subject, I would rather use yours than reiventing a less round wheel. Did you happen to publish them or something?

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “I use a high quality gold plated jamma edge, it fits perfectly. I won't use Hirose as they're discontinued and they have brittle plastic which easily breaks. ” What do you use as a replacement for Hirose? I am in the look for JAMMA connectors...

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

Quote from RGB: “Quote from Braintrash: “Quote from RGB: “JAMMA is mono only, #10 is speaker +, #L is speaker -. The stereo boards like the MVS output L speaker + on #L, R speaker + on #10. GND is speaker - in this case. That's what the switch is for, to route the signals accordingly. ” So, with MVS, #L is both speaker L and GND?Also, you don't take Battletoads into account: 10/L is left speaker and 11/M is right speaker (when stereo switch activated). ” I will repeat myself - "The stereo boards…

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

So what's GND?

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

Quote from RGB: “JAMMA is mono only, #10 is speaker +, #L is speaker -. The stereo boards like the MVS output L speaker + on #L, R speaker + on #10. GND is speaker - in this case. That's what the switch is for, to route the signals accordingly. ” So, with MVS, #L is both speaker L and GND? Also, you don't take Battletoads into account: 10/L is left speaker and 11/M is right speaker (when stereo switch activated).

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

And how will it be wired JAMMA wise?

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

Question : how is the stereo switch wired to the JAMMA?

• Yes, Battletoads. As I said, some boards do that and Battletoads is the one coming on mind. A more thorough search will be needed for that, but since at least one "official" board do that, then that's a thing and, as such, we can't say for sure neither answers are wrong. I believe the first one (pre-amp/post-amp) should be right, then, although, more a hack than standard? Anyway, that's enough for me at this point of question 1: I know what to look for, so I'll get to the bottom of that. Remains…

• Thank you for your answer. For the L & 10 as left speaker and M & 11 as right speaker, some boards do that, so it actually exists. But on a second thought and after more research, I believe it is indeed NOT standard. But saying neither are right, why not, but on what basis are you saying that? I need more information. Also, stil looking for an answer about question 2: Quote from Braintrash: “2. I see many superguns having a stereo switch. How is that wired and what is the purpose of that? Is tha…

• I am reviving the thread, because I have some unanswered questions about JAMMA audio: 1. I am still unsure about pins L & 10 and M & 11. Some people say that L & 10 are post-amp and M & 11 pre-amp (that would be more accurate to the standard), but others say that for stereo from JAMMA, L & 10 are left speaker and M & 11 are right speaker (which would be more of a hack and not that much standard, then). So, are both views right, ie. it depends on the JAMMA board, or is there only one right answer…

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

I see, thank you for clearing this for me.

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

Yes, the screw terminals, thank you. As for the wires, why not just a thicker one? What's their AWG, BTW? (Sorry for the questions, just trying to understand the choices made.)

• Home Arcade System

Braintrash - - RGB's lab

I have some questions about the PSU wiring. I have seen on your photos that you double the cable on the 12V and 5V, why is that? Also, what is a diameter of the sockets to screw on the PSU for the main power cable?

• Hey, coming back from a long hiatus away from this forum, I am glad to see the manuals I did for the Boardmaster was useful to you. It is a very fine supergun, somehow a little bit barebone, but it's better than too much options IMO.

• Quote from XianXi: “Quote from Braintrash: “20140810.jpg Soon to be modded. ” Any progress on this dude? ” Bloody hell, I totally forgot to update this. Sorry. I didn't mod it in the end. I didn't like it much, so I sold it and ended up with a Combo AX+ full options, which I like more, BUT in the end, I will still mod it too, ah ah.

• Red screen.

Braintrash - - Capcom's CPS2

Tried all of that many times, alas. I will PM you since the card image is the thing I obviously didn't try yet.

• Red screen.

Braintrash - - Capcom's CPS2

OK, so I have a red screen. Board was working OK before installation. I installed properly, I believe : - all jumpers checked many times - all pins inserted at the maximum - REV 6 board with a PAL G (darksoft), all pins in - SD card formatted fat32, no funny filenames, see SD OK, let me select game, flash it and all - used a screwdriver to short the three pins near the battery - everything pushed as much as possible I dunno.