Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ahh nice, thanks so much Looking forward to getting these done too, really appreciate it!

• stv bootleg card

SurferGuy420 - - Sega ST-V

Ah I gotcha, thanks so much

• stv bootleg card

There's nothing there

• stv bootleg card

What does the official Die Hard cart look like? Now I'm worried I'll end up with one thanks ebay

• The goal was to run it outside the furniture door, but if I can run it from the entertainment center to my couch I'd much rather do that But that would be about 12, maybe 15ft or so. Maybe I'll give the ribbon cable a try.

• I believe it has to do with signal strength - e.g. a 10m long ribbon cable would drop voltage low enough to not function properly over said distance, whereas a powered intermediary - say an ethernet switch for example - would allow the run to go much longer without dropping out. Similar to how HDMI cables can't be coupled without needing additional power over 15+ft before the feed begins sparkling and losing signal, etc. I could be wrong but I don't think a 10m long ribbon cable would function p…

• I'm talking cat5 specifically to be longer than those. I should've made that clear

• I keep my CPS2 multi in an entertainment center (it's ventilated), but having to open the door everytime I want to switch games gets tedious really quickly. I remembered the Naomi multis use ethernet to transfer the game data, and while I understand it's doing something different it did make me wonder if there was a way to use ethernet to extend the length of the CPS2 multi selector. Kind of like how you can use ethernet to extend the length of an HDMI connection; hell an even better solution wo…

• Are these still being sold? I don't have an LCD selector but I'm interested in picking one up

• Ah ok, thanks again Update: Welp, it seems the place I used to buy my rom chips from doesn't sell them anymore. The only place I can find them now are on eBay and alibaba, neither of which I'm in a rush to really trust Do you guys have any preferred place or seller to buy them from?

• Ah you're right, it appears one of the stacks I have to convert requires a security board. That's a shame. The others appear to be fine though, were there any Model 2 boards that had security pcbs or was it just Model 3? Edit: According to this website Model 3 Step 1 had security boards too segaretro.org/Sega_Model_3#Step_1.0

• A friend just told me that some Model 3 boards had security pcbs? I guess that means I can't just burn the roms anymore, now I have to find the security boards too...

• Personally I have a GQ-4X with an ADP-054 adapter, not sure if I have to split files but I'm sure I can get a hold of the manual somehow

• Thanks a bunch guys

• Hey guys. I have some Model 2 and Model 3 pcbs that need new roms. The boards that are getting updates are within the same step (e.g. updating VF2 to VF2.1, changing a Model 3 step 1 game to a different step 1 game, etc.) so as far as I can tell it shouldn't be a problem. I already have a rom burner, so I believe the only thing I need to do is figure out what type of roms I need to order I tried looking at pictures of the boards, but comparing them to the MAME sets got me confused and I didn't t…