Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 75.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hot air for all the smd components. Makes for a much easier cleaner job. You can just get a cheapo from eBay and they work very well. I didn't own a hot air gun for many years and now I do, I use it for all smd work, period.

• @xtrasmiley have you played your AH for a long time eg 30min-1hr, I mean, after seeing the coprocessor not ready ? my WR would work perfectly for a while then glitch out and sometimes crash.

• Quote from imfuraisoth: “Or some reason the 2.5 versions of these boards for super expensive on eBay. I swore I saw someone selling it for $80-$90 a few months back and now it’s at $120-$130 ” I sell them on ebay for 180 AUD with a bunch of extras, if you have built one of these you would know that it takes a while, requires a lot of parts and helps to have some expensive tools like a decent iron and a hot air gun, along with good flux etc. It's a very reasonable price for all the work that goes…

• @Sumez yes that device looks just fine. i have one just like it @caius on my world rally i added a second battery, however, if one battery fails it may just drain the other one. i was hoping to not have to phoenix it again for a long time hehe i suppose if you were really wanting to try and go a permanent fix, you could use a re-chargeable coin battery and insert a small charging pcb next to it, then tap 5v or whatever the charger wants from elsewhere on the pcb. would look like a bit of a frank…

• i've done this with my copy of world rally, worked very well. game started randomly glitching the days prior to the suicide, until the boot screen actually shows an error on the last test. game still worked mostly but glitched out pretty badly. just be patient with the terminal window, its slow to load the file. you can use putty as an easy free terminal emulator to connect to your serialport device. I can do these for members just msg me. edit: @Sumez your board has committed suicide, mine look…

• very nice work @andre060 I really like the idea of using a regular TV instead of an arcade monitor. I wanted something like this but in a lowboy - so a really good guy called Rob over at arcadeworx helped me to put together this little lowey, which fits a 20" Sony PVM and allows the monitor to be rotate 90 degrees for horizontal or vertical games (it could be a consumer TV so long as it fits). Its being cut next week, and will be fitted out with a decent sound system (not as amazing as yours) an…

• Quote from xodaraP: “Having used both, I found the black cable had a slight shimmering on a fixed screen (MVS crosshatch is good for this test) and the blue one didn't. ” @Nimmers was sure the blue ones gave him a better quality picture too ! Blue ones are the winners by the sounds of it

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “I use these and am happy with the cable: ebay.com.au/itm/DAP-Audio-HQ-8…0f-4ecc-899f-973fb14e8b3f ” I bought a bunch of these and they are basically identical to etim.net.au supplied ones, but they feel softer and bend easier and also go back to straight easier. Also they have a ferrite core on them, which is quite decent in weight. Both are just 9 unshielded wires + 1 raw stranded wire, with a light metal sheath and the plastic outer coating. They combine shipping so I ge…

• Hi this may sound obscure, but I dont have any need for the locks on my Astro Cab. SO I would prefer to find a suitable push-button mechanical thing to replace the lock/key. Eg push button to unlock latch, then just close the door and it re-latches. reasoning behind this obscurity: I would like to use the coin storage box to put various parts such as jamma modifiers or misc cables, but since my two keys are normally left in the locks under the button panel, it makes it more annoying to move it e…

• GREAT. got the replacement MB3712 IC. Desoldered the old, soldered the new. Fired it up. Smoked on the new IC on pin 4.. Back to less than square one on this one... edit: NExt I am buying a 4558 IC. Feels like this one is getting hot, without the MB3712 in place.. I can tap sound from the input leg of the 4558 IC, but its not clear audio

• Quote from Rg111: “@evilsim - What type of products were you using on your panels? ” I use a bleachy-smelling hair product which is highly oxygenated from chemist shops. (hi-lift creme peroxide 20%) I apply the stuff in big blobs all over the yellowed item with a paint brush I put them into large zip-locked sealed plastic bags. Then they go into my UV chamber (a cardboard box with all walls covered in aluminium foil) The UV light I use is a 50-80watt LED UV light I got from ebay years ago. Dont …

• ive done lots of this over many years and have honed a decent technique which works well for me. however it does not work forever, it will re-yellow again, always. sometimes it looks so amazing and new after the process, but sure as hell it will yellow again, faster the second time.

• pre-order fee for me ; no problem, im sure everyone will be OK with that if you are in, you are in right. glad it was only the deer and your wife is safe, albeit shook up. I'm sure there are some odds/statistics out there which will now show that your wife will never hit another large animal on the road again ! In Australia people put these things on their cars which emit a very high pitch sound which humans cant hear, they're meant to help with the same road problems, but for kangaroos. Kangaro…

• @vidarw thats great !! i wonder if you can get diode arrays..

• thanks to this conversation and the things I have observed, I'll see if I can make my NNC monitor picture more accurate too.

• I'll take one *unless I am already on the list. I would like to develop the python script / RPI +LCD hat option too, I just have not had time. Also I dont want to be taking business from the good people here.... dilemma

• Quote from Raph_friend: “Your problem is something related to PROGRAM. Hard to say something without tests. ” I got a VP598 programmer in the mail today ! first thing I did was compare the SSF2X program roms (3->9) and they all compare OK to roms in the SSF2T mame zip. still wanting to try and fix this board.. I will continue to dump all the chips on this SSF2X board and compare them all to a functional/working SSF2X board I have.. its a little confusing for me to know which roms in the mame ZIP…

• FYI there is a world record attempt happening at 1989 bar in Newtown in a few days and they will be using one of the BetsuBetsu's I've made to record the action from the cabinet to an OSSC. there will probably be a video made eventually by Ben, I'll link it if that happens. thanks again! p.s. ive made some more and using just a simple goldfinger along with a jamma socket instead of an extension cable (neater, smaller) EDIT: unfortunately the recording didnt happen with Betsu Betsu this time (the…

• @arcadeqc np I'll include shells for free then, with a minigun sale. I was referring to charging forum members what the production cost is, plus shipping. Not sure how the CC-BY-NC-SA takes such matters to account. Thanks for your work, glad u pointed that out, I don't want to annoy anyone. Lol when you told me this, I remembered seeing a pile of these with your case up for sale on Twitter. I checked, appears I follow you on the platform and it was you making and selling them. (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

• woohoo I met a guy who does 3D printing for schools etc and he basically mini-mass produces 3d printed stuff locally. I am going to get a bunch of minigun 2.1+ shells printed, the shell from thingverse (with the holes in the top for pot adjustment etc). If anyone is interested i'd be happy to share the good prices on here PM ME. I don't expect to have any avail for a few weeks. I'll also get some CPS2 LCD screen shells too. And then more stuff.